Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2004, 01:31 (Ref:1028716)   #1
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Ralf announces his Toyota signing this weekend....

will that be it? .... or ... will it set off a chain reaction of moves? There is much of the usual speculation concerning a slew of drivers and the possibilities for 2005 seem more numerous than in other years. Some drivers often mentioned who may be moving, moving in or moving out include: Panis, Da Matta, Trulli, Webber, Villeneuve, Coulthard, Ant, Gene.... etc.etc.

Last edited by Kirk; 7 Jul 2004 at 01:33.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 02:57 (Ref:1028743)   #2
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not think we will hear any announcement in the near future. It is like buying a race horse. If you were in negotiations to buy a horse and then it went lame, you would defer you decision until it was fit. I think the same will happen here and if Ralf cannot prove fitness by Nov then he will not get the Toyota drive.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 03:09 (Ref:1028745)   #3
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.telegraphindia.com/104070...ry_3463507.asp

Unless the deal has been done for awhile now. But there surely must be a clause in there somewhere to cover situations like this.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 03:11 (Ref:1028748)   #4
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
He must be really motivated now to have this announced. I am sure that he realises that Toyota must have some uncertainty so he has every incentive to announce as soon as possible
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:15 (Ref:1028826)   #5
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt this will trigger any major announcements. Mark Webber still appears to be the key but his choices are currently being held up by Trulli. Once Renault make their driver announcement then the cards can fall. Briatore is the playmaster this season, Willi Weber is just a bit player...
Old 7 Jul 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1028874)   #6
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
I eat my words,....

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.h...07091609.shtml
Old 7 Jul 2004, 08:10 (Ref:1028876)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Williams can now look at their number 2 driver for next year and get them in place for Germany
Old 7 Jul 2004, 08:13 (Ref:1028879)   #8
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its official - Ralf is off to Toyota

Finally, after months of speculation, Ralf has officially signed with Toyota for the next 3 years.

EDIT: My apologies, i didn't check the other thread, in my haste to post the news first. Delete as you wish.

Merged with the existing thread

Last edited by Super Tourer; 7 Jul 2004 at 10:41.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 08:18 (Ref:1028890)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the best too him. He had a tough year, a tough team to handle, and a bad injury from a bad crash...

Hopefully, a new environment and the stop to speculations of his future would bring about a change in fortunes and a better base from which Ralf can show his true potential.

And i think once again, WW had negotiated one of the best deal for Ralf. Toyota being a huge budget team on the rise, with money to achieve their goal, already had a very good engine...and Mike is now working flat out to make next year's car a good one..next year's car (or latest 05/06) had the potential to be a very good one and if it happens then Ralf would be in the prime seat to compete with the best.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1028909)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=21602

More on this.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 09:18 (Ref:1028947)   #11
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Ralf ever race for Williams again?
Old 7 Jul 2004, 10:05 (Ref:1028983)   #12
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
My bet is NO. But I have been wrong in this thread before
Old 7 Jul 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1028988)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite any negative opinions I have about him I think he would be best to sit the remainder of the season out, fully recover from his injuries and come back next season and have the best chance to prove all us doubters wrong
Old 7 Jul 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1029069)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A new start is probably positive for both Ralf and Williams.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 11:30 (Ref:1029088)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably true KB, but you wonder how race-ready Ralf would be if he has to sit out the whole season, how unsettling it could be if someone comes in at Williams and wonders if someone who's currently under contract elsewhere gets the drive (Webber, Fisichella or Heidfeld have all been linked), and how much Toyota's season could be compromised now.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1029180)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprise Surprise.... RS goes to TOyota... confirmed

f1-live.com reports.... that RS hasjoined Toyota for 05... nothing unusual really...

So now 2 seats at Williams and also the 2nfd Toyo seat is still open...

All in all i think it is a good move... RS was going now where at Williams with a few wins here and there.... a change of team may be the right move..

Best of luck RS!!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:21 (Ref:1029204)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are already threads for this.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1029207)   #18
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf fan, you're half a day late again, mate...
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:18 (Ref:1029251)   #19
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OK, here's some (far fetched) speculative scenarios:
Trulli to Toyota, JV to Renault, Webber/Fisi to Williams, Ant/Coulthard to Jag.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1029318)   #20
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm with you ralf fan . Ralf will shine at Toyota I feel it will be a much better work enviroment for him with massive pay offs being close to the biggest team in F1 and one of the most powerful engine units add to that Mike Gascyone I truly belive Toyota will step up big time next year and Ralf is in the box seat . Now if they can just get Mark
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1029348)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it's just confirmed all the rumour and speculation. A move to Toyota will either revitalise his career, or it could backfire on him. Now who will be his teammate?

I'll be interested to see if Ralf even returns to Williams this year? He may be given the option of sitting out the season even if he regains fitness. This could trigger a few imminent driver moves...
Old 7 Jul 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1029366)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think we'll see Ralf back. If he is ready to return before the seaons end, he might as well be Toyota's third driver and get some experience with the team.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1029392)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Ralf fan, you're half a day late again, mate...
The sun is up later in America....
Old 7 Jul 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1029450)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
This sin't really on topic (although it loosely goes with DownF0rce's comment), btu I'm surprised that Ralf is targettign Hungary to return, seeing as that would be less than 8 weeks after the crash, and there's a reasonable gap to Spa afterwards.

I agree, thoguh, that he may have little to gain by returning to Williams, as I doubt anyone will want him there, especially if they find a replacement who can match his performance.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1029485)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Its official - Ralf is off to Toyota

I must say this surprises me. Ralf to Toyota, who'd have thought
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
Finally, after months of speculation, Ralf has officially signed with Toyota for the next 3 years.
Three years. I guess that is a standard length and probably the minimum if you want to achieve at Toyota. There is no poin tin going there for a year. IMHO.