Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Jul 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1965014)   #1
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where to Next for Kyle Busch?

After losing his seat at Hendrick for 2008 where will Kyle Busch go to next to race? There are rumors that he has talked to at least half the teams on the grid right now, but there are a few front runners that he may sign with very soon. He may do the Busch Series for RCR next year, so they are a likely team. DEI is also a top contender, because they plan on keeping their third team, so Busch could replace the person who replaced him. He will probably sign a contract very soon, as there are rumors that he may get cut from Hendrick before the season is over, and possibly in the next few weeks.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1965217)   #2
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said in the Nextel Cup=Sprint Cup thread the most likely scenario to me is that Bud stays with DEI who are possibly merging with Ginn Racing soon and Kyle Busch drives for them. Kelloggs sponsors Casey Mears next year (since the military deals are season to season) and Junior is sponsored by Pepsi or their Gatorade brand. Pepsi will want the exposure since they won't be the title sponsor at the Pepsi 400 or Gatorade Duels anymore. Coke is now the official soft-drink of ISC tracks.

J.D.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 00:15 (Ref:1965285)   #3
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfloopy
As I said in the Nextel Cup=Sprint Cup thread the most likely scenario to me is that Bud stays with DEI who are possibly merging with Ginn Racing soon
Bud will probably stay with DEI, but that won't stop them from looking elsewhere for another team to sponsor. I though the "merger" between DEI and Ginn was more of DEI buying out Ginn Racing.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1965484)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
amazing that kyle got the boot - he is young, fast & a race winner...
Old 17 Jul 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1965618)   #5
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
I guess they're calling it a "merger." But in reality Bobby Ginn has spent way too much money trying to field the #13 and #14 Cup teams and a Busch team pretty much out of pocket. Not to mention the money they've spent building up over the last year and on Mark Martin. So I think he's realizing that the old saying is true and the best way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a big fortune.

Pretty much all it seems to be is that DEI will take over the teams with Ginn as a partner similar to John Menard. They will keep the #01 with Martin and possibly Aric Armirola sharing the car. Marlin will retire from full time driving. Nemechek will unfortunately be given the boot and probably will land with one of the struggling Toyota teams (due to his qualifying prowess) if anywhere. Not sure where Regan Smith will land, but if Kyle Busch doesn't join the team he could be in the #8. Then after that is done they can sell the points for the #13 and #14 teams to someone else.

Granted that's all my speculation again.

J.D.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1965625)   #6
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
amazing that kyle got the boot - he is young, fast & a race winner...
kyle is also burning bridges as well as his brother. Both Roush and HMS no longer want anything to do with the Busch boys. they both have attitudes that many teams don't want. Their options are being narrowed. I expect to see Kyle end up at either DEI or Penske.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 11:35 (Ref:1965627)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfloopy
I guess they're calling it a "merger." But in reality Bobby Ginn has spent way too much money trying to field the #13 and #14 Cup teams and a Busch team pretty much out of pocket. Not to mention the money they've spent building up over the last year and on Mark Martin. So I think he's realizing that the old saying is true and the best way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a big fortune.

Pretty much all it seems to be is that DEI will take over the teams with Ginn as a partner similar to John Menard. They will keep the #01 with Martin and possibly Aric Armirola sharing the car. Marlin will retire from full time driving. Nemechek will unfortunately be given the boot and probably will land with one of the struggling Toyota teams (due to his qualifying prowess) if anywhere. Not sure where Regan Smith will land, but if Kyle Busch doesn't join the team he could be in the #8. Then after that is done they can sell the points for the #13 and #14 teams to someone else.

Granted that's all my speculation again.

J.D.
If Mr Martin is available, can he please be offered a gig at Wood Bros, to speed up the learning curve of M.Ambrose

Mr Busch appears not too well liked by the media, many reports about him and various "antics" at the track dont paint a nice picture.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Jul 2007, 11:45 (Ref:1965636)   #8
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest hottest rumour: He'll be heading to DEI
Old 17 Jul 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1965790)   #9
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
I guess the rumour with Ginn now is that the #13 and #14 won't run at Indy. Looks like things are getting worse there.

Neither of the Busch brothers has a spectacular personality in my opinion. I guess because they've had success at such a young age that their ego's may be slightly inflated. I do think that Kurt has become milder however at Penske racing, even considering the pit road incident earlier this year. He doesn't seem to get in trouble week in and week out as he did a few years ago.

J.D.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1965930)   #10
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Bud will go with Evernham and sponsor Kasey.

The merger IMO will probably happen between Ginn and DEI. Ginn needs to do something immediately and DEI may pick up an organization on the "Cheep". One of the keys will be what Menard does . If Menard leaves a possible scenario will be:

Truex
Martin & Amrilola sharing a ride
Regan Smith (I do believe he will survive and have a ride)
Unnamed in the #8 car

Nemechek and Marlin - history
Old 18 Jul 2007, 10:24 (Ref:1966422)   #11
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Ginn Racing:

#01: Mark Martin and Aric Almirola
#13: Being "re-evaluated"
#14: Regan Smith

All these starting immediately.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1966978)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Sterling Marlin Comments on His Release: Sterling Marlin spoke about his release Tuesday afternoon on "Sirius Speedway" with host Dave Moody:
Marlin: "I was planning on cutting back next year but still would have liked to finish the year out like you're supposed to and do everything that was in the contract that we're supposed to do and we just don't look like we're gonna do it."
Moody: "What's next for you? Do you go out there and beat the bushes for another ride or not?"
Marlin: "No. No. I mean, I've had some guys call already and we've just got to get this contract worked out. Like I said, I've got a contract with them. We've just got to come together and see what we're gonna do. Let the lawyers handle it and if I want to run somebody's car next year I can run somebody's car [for] 15-20 races next year. Or, somebody's Busch car. I still enjoy racing, still enjoy it a lot. The travel part of it is getting old but as far as firing a car up on Sunday, there's nothing like it. We'll see what happens. I've got a ton of things going on around here but it's still fun to race, too." (Sirius Radio)
Old 27 Jul 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1974886)   #13
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Now that the deal is done between DEI and Ginn, it is very unlikely that Kyle Busch will get a ride there. The latest rumors say that he is very close to signing a deal with Joe Gibbs Racing.

http://www.captainthunderracing.com/...ticle&sid=2494
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:47 (Ref:1982963)   #14
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kyle @ JGR in 08 I'm hearing. Also JGR rumoured to be signed with Toyota.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 00:49 (Ref:1983021)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, ESPN said all but confirmed that Busch is moving to Gibbs. And I think Robin Miller had said he heard some rumors about Toyota wanting a proven team for next year and I'm betting Gibbs would take that challenge on
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:46 (Ref:1983036)   #16
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Link for broadrun's post:
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=2963842

Busch to the #18, Yeley to the unemployment office apparently...
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:59 (Ref:1983040)   #17
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrodemus
Link for broadrun's post: http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=2963842 Busch to the #18, Yeley to the unemployment office apparently...
Yeley is rumored to take over the #21 Ford at Wood Brothers/JTG Racing next year.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 10:23 (Ref:1983262)   #18
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Would Kyle still want to go to JGR if they were racing Toyotas??? The only real time Toyota showed their strength was Vickers in the Coke 600, apart from that it has pretty much been a train wreck.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1983285)   #19
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe Gibbs has balls if he goes to Toyota, big ones.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 8 Aug 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1984470)   #20
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
I can't understand why Gibbs would switch either considering Toyota has done little this season and they've been very successful with GM. I can easily see it hurting Gibbs more than helping Toyota. I suppose if the change does happen Toyota probably gave them tons of money in the process though. I also imagine Toyota can shift support from Bill Davis and Waltrip who I both expect to be losing sponsors and teams at the end of the year.

I think it could hurt Stewart most of all. He usually seems to struggle early in the season. Bad luck and lousy performance from the Toyotas could take him out of the top-35 pretty easily and force him to rely on his Champions provisionals.

J.D.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1984475)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why does everybody assume that because two absolutely basement teams struggled with the Toyota that a TOP level team like JGR couldn't make the car work? Everybody will already be having to re-learn almost everything they know about setting up the cars with the COT switch so next year is THE perfect time to change chassis or help an almost new one mature. Personally I think you will see Toyota win before the end of next year, esp with the driver lineup and deep pockets of Toyota and JGR's sponsors.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1984489)   #22
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Personally I think you will see Toyota win before the end of next year, esp with the driver lineup and deep pockets of Toyota and JGR's sponsors.
Let's ask Toyota Motorsports/Team Europe if this has helped them...
Old 8 Aug 2007, 23:20 (Ref:1984503)   #23
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Michael Waltrip Racing will lose the UPS car for next year as they will switch from three to two cars. It is rumored that this is happening because Toyota wants to focus more of their attention on Joe Gibbs Racing for next year.

http://www.racingone.com/article.aspx?artnum=37265
Old 8 Aug 2007, 23:37 (Ref:1984519)   #24
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
Toyota is throwing tons of money at Formula 1 without much success too. I think the CoT will help balance things out, but Toyota is still behind every other manufacturer. I think Toyota teams could improve and maybe win a race next year, but I still believe it will drag JGR down a notch. Especially since they will have to pretty much support the entire Toyota effort in Cup.

Jeremy Mayfield is being released from Bill Davis Racing at the end of the season too.

J.D.

Last edited by kingfloopy; 8 Aug 2007 at 23:41.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 01:03 (Ref:1985231)   #25
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
There is little doubt that JGR will be racing Toyota next year. However, I understand that a change from Chevy gives Tony an "out" in his contract. Perhaps we will see tony driving the #25 car next year. Wouldn't that be a powerful lineup........Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart, and Jr.