Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jul 2023, 04:56 (Ref:4170190)   #1
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dessert RSC23 R7 Beaurepaires Sydney SuperNight.

Wonder how SVG will go with the new chassis?
Old 29 Jul 2023, 02:14 (Ref:4170329)   #2
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Barry’s boy’s still be leading the championship, or will T8 be leading by Sunday night?

A little bit of pressure on Will and Brodie.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4170384)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erebus are doing great.
Best protestors on the grid.

If the bloke had they tyres under him, and didn’t burn them off, he would not have been vulnerable to an overtake.

Wonder how Mr Ryan handled LP & the Enforcer after the Mike Imrie shunt?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Jul 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4170385)   #4
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The SVG penalty is setting a tough rule for themselves. Last lap with a guy parking his car [blocking] and trying to back a guy up to stop a run. The contact was not excessive. So from now on if you are in front, you can park on the inside line and slow up the following car, the following car can not make any contact. The data would be interesting? But they didn't even wait for that. Oh well Mustangs were fast late.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4170386)   #5
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyable racing today despite the SVG vs Brown drama. Tend to side with Erebus here, looked like a good old push to pass from Van Gisbergen IMO.
Very disappointed about Waters, he had a good race and shame the result was not as good as could've been. Hopefully they rebound tomorrow although wonder how much patience Waters has with Tickford.
DJR's race was absolutely horrid, especially De Pasquale's pace was just dramatic but at least two Fords were fast today.
The title fight looks exciting.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 11:40 (Ref:4170387)   #6
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In regard to the Waters penalty, what consideration is given to Broc perhaps overreacting and slowing unnecessarily?

Will we see drivers in the future tap the brake to slow as a car exits the pit 50 metres in front of them to trigger a penalty?
Old 29 Jul 2023, 11:42 (Ref:4170388)   #7
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG Penalty was a joke.

Cam Waters penalty was a joke. No cars were hit.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4170392)   #8
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The biggest joke was yellow flag for Reynolds going off and parking well away from the racing line and run offs! Artificial racing!
Old 29 Jul 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4170393)   #9
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Enjoyable racing today despite the SVG vs Brown drama. Tend to side with Erebus here, looked like a good old push to pass from Van Gisbergen IMO.
Very disappointed about Waters, he had a good race and shame the result was not as good as could've been. Hopefully they rebound tomorrow although wonder how much patience Waters has with Tickford.
DJR's race was absolutely horrid, especially De Pasquale's pace was just dramatic but at least two Fords were fast today.
The title fight looks exciting.
The reason SVG was pushing him was because Brown was off the gas. They do that to stop the following car from carrying speed off the corner. From now on you just sit behind the car and follow them to the flag. Watched a bit of motor following have you.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 22:46 (Ref:4170478)   #10
mf51
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
mf51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
The reason SVG was pushing him was because Brown was off the gas. They do that to stop the following car from carrying speed off the corner. From now on you just sit behind the car and follow them to the flag. Watched a bit of motor following have you.
Need to see the data from both cars. I don’t think it was a typical bump n run. I imagine T8 will dispute the penalty - do we know if it was an in race penalty or post race penalty?

As for Feeney/Waters, the commentators said Broc braked and lost 10kph in the pit lane. But I don’t think Cam should have received a penalty. We’ve seen much worse lost time when everyone pits under SC and the pit lane is a shambles.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 23:02 (Ref:4170481)   #11
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf51 View Post
Need to see the data from both cars. I don’t think it was a typical bump n run. I imagine T8 will dispute the penalty - do we know if it was an in race penalty or post race penalty?
In race so unable to appeal
Old 30 Jul 2023, 01:31 (Ref:4170493)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Alternately, punt the blocker hard and early, then jump away like a Jack rabbit to be 5s in front to keep your place.

I didn’t see much different to any other serious passing move, except the chasee was blocking and sitting in the middle of corners and slow out of them.

There seems to be a racing talent gulf in the category, some can drive fast cars really fast, while others have no good experience of carrying a grip less sick dog of a car.

So.. punt hard.. punt early… Jack rabbit.. go!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Jul 2023, 02:42 (Ref:4170499)   #13
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
I thought we now allowed "Rubbin and Racing"
I guess bump and run not.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 02:57 (Ref:4170500)   #14
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
OUCH !!!

SVG Comments after quali today "I agree with what Waters said"

Just another nail in the coffin for Supercars and SVG and Waters maybe
Old 30 Jul 2023, 05:16 (Ref:4170505)   #15
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
OUCH !!!

SVG Comments after quali today "I agree with what Waters said"

Just another nail in the coffin for Supercars and SVG and Waters maybe
What did Cam say
Old 30 Jul 2023, 06:13 (Ref:4170509)   #16
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite5255 View Post
What did Cam say
“What the f**k is wrong with this sport?” before adding, “They wonder why all their drivers want to f***en leave them.”
Old 30 Jul 2023, 06:20 (Ref:4170510)   #17
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
“What the f**k is wrong with this sport?” before adding, “They wonder why all their drivers want to f***en leave them.”
Thanks,when he said that I did't quite get what was said
Old 30 Jul 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4170525)   #18
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone checked in on Barry?
Old 30 Jul 2023, 09:06 (Ref:4170537)   #19
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Alternately, punt the blocker hard and early, then jump away like a Jack rabbit to be 5s in front to keep your place.

I didn’t see much different to any other serious passing move, except the chasee was blocking and sitting in the middle of corners and slow out of them.

There seems to be a racing talent gulf in the category, some can drive fast cars really fast, while others have no good experience of carrying a grip less sick dog of a car.

So.. punt hard.. punt early… Jack rabbit.. go!
The two taps Shane gave Brown were nothing, you see more than that in the opening laps of every race. Brown looks like a little boy, and last night he acted like one. The fact is the lead car sets the terms of engagement. He can try and put in qualifying laps to the end and try and out pace the chasing car. If he can't do that he can give up his spot clean or he goes into full defensive mode. Defensive mode is he stops driving the racing line and drives to block any opportunities for the chasing car to make a pass. In doing so he forces the chasing driver into make an aggressive pass or just stay in behind. People see the chasing car trying to force passes, but don't see the lead car is no longer on the racing line and is positioning his car to block. The chasing car always gets the bad rap even though he has been forced into it. Brown showed no fight at all last night, he should ask his team mate to drop his pants for a moment to show him what a pair looks like as he has none. All mouth and no go. I don't know what Supercars are doing? They don't want to put on a show? Look at Perth with Kostecti and SVG going toe to toe, that was great TV. Are they not in the entertainment business? or are they trying to kill it.
As for Ryan, a guy of his age that hasn't yet mastered how to control his stupid mouth on live TV is a disgrace. At one time it was refreshing to have someone just say it how it is, that was a longtime ago. Someone needs to take him under their wing and suffocate him.