Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2015, 22:22 (Ref:3545364)   #101
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
As people have said previously, there will be weather. Most of the forecasts suggests it'll probably end up being a bit mixed.

It won't be as challenging as Silverstone in April, I'll direct my learned colleagues to my previous answers regarding what good weather at Spa means, and invite the fury of the Greek Gods of Moderation by saying a little southern rain to dampen down the dust, moderate the temperature, and keep us guessing will be perfectly tolerable. I'll also confess to being a die hard Northern European who's all too prone to finding it all too hot when the temperature approaches the high 20s and beyond (think about it, why did hill stations like Simla or Ooty end up being so popular in India in the 19th century?) so a bit of moderate temperature I suspect I can probably live with.

As context I seem to recall a pretty wet night in 2008 and it not really dampening down (no pun intended) the quality of the race we got to see.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3546189)   #102
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Can we rename this thread to 'The Le Mans 2015 windy weather thread' please?
Old 8 Jun 2015, 17:00 (Ref:3546193)   #103
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Can we rename this thread to 'The Le Mans 2015 windy weather thread' please?
It will be windy till Wednesday evening and the night (50 km/h from north-east).
Old 8 Jun 2015, 17:23 (Ref:3546200)   #104
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Carrefour will sell a lot of replacement gazebo's.....
Old 8 Jun 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3546209)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
windy? what have you been eating Vince
will be there in 20 hours or so so after that it will be warm and dry
Old 8 Jun 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3546223)   #106
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Pasta Ã* la Vincenzo
Old 8 Jun 2015, 18:45 (Ref:3546231)   #107
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
will be there this time tomorrow vince so pop by and have a drink with us tomorrow evening
Old 9 Jun 2015, 10:16 (Ref:3546424)   #108
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For campers

The forecasts are better but still uncertain.
Météo-France announce a stormy weather and winds up to 60 km/h in the night from Thursday to Friday.
"Prevention is better than cure".
Old 9 Jun 2015, 11:45 (Ref:3546456)   #109
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you Pascal, my tent is safe, I think. Better safe than sorry
BUT sofar it's been GOOD
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3546510)   #110
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
My gazebo has had a striking resemblance to a certain leaning tower somewhere in Italy for the past days
Old 9 Jun 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3546559)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lovely weather here this evening - sunny and warm with a lovely cool breeze.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 11:37 (Ref:3546825)   #112
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Lovely weather here this evening - sunny and warm with a lovely cool breeze.
Commentator's curse.
Not so lovely at the circuit just now.
Prec******ion in fact
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3546880)   #113
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I must remember the guy ropes for the awning on the camper...
I might just bring the extra tarp as well, for a sunshade, of course.
Old 11 Jun 2015, 20:45 (Ref:3547655)   #114
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'd think that local/European forecasts would be a bit more accurate, but Accuweather now reporting that at least a mostly dry LM24 is now almost certain.

Best chance of rain in Sunday night--after the race is over. Chance of rain during the race is minimal.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3547789)   #115
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Big storm over Tours this night as I was going back home. The storms were late for the qualif.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 08:12 (Ref:3547866)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very big thunderstorm on the outskirts in the night - woke me up in my comfy bed for a few minutes.....
Old 12 Jun 2015, 08:50 (Ref:3547869)   #117
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
The storm hit the circuit too, but rain now not forecast until after the race
Old 12 Jun 2015, 11:45 (Ref:3547906)   #118
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I blame Andrew for the weather I'm sheltering from in the centre of the city right now. But if this means no R-word for the race...
Old 12 Jun 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3547924)   #119
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Amazed my tent survived the storm last night. Could just do with this horrible wet stuff blowing over now.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3547926)   #120
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I am looking out of the office window here in Leeds and it is lovely and Sunny.....
Old 12 Jun 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3547999)   #121
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Being a namby-pamby has definite advantages..... Still grey and wet here but warm. Foie gras and fresh pain for lunch followed by cherries.... Lovely.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3550631)   #122
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well it was warm, but the storms did a fair bit of damage on the camp sites and we did have some **** but race was pretty much dry and even at night i was never cold, with just a light sweatshirt over my teashirt all that was required
Old 15 Jun 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3550670)   #123
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Oh yes, the weather could have been worse ; it was in the right tempo for the race.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3550863)   #124
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Very big thunderstorm on the outskirts in the night - woke me up in my comfy bed for a few minutes.....
That storm was really something. Sounded like the rain was going to rip through the tent. Biggest one we've had in our five years at Le Mans. Although there was a pretty decent one during the week in 2012. Or it might have been '11.

All in all the weather was pretty good. If you sit down for a prolonged amount of time during the night you're going to get chilly but it really wasn't too bad. Thursday was super muggy and actually pretty uncomfortable in a packed grandstand. Happily it turned into a nice evening for the parade. Although a lot of people got soaked before that. Half-hearted attempt at rain in the final hours of the race. Managed to put the tent away in the dry so happy with that.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3550917)   #125
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We had good luck with the weather on the whole. The wind on Tuesday made putting up the gazebo a challenge, but once erect it lasted the duration without any leaks or mishaps.

The overnight thunderstorm (weds?) woke me up and gave my fellow campers a brief respite from my snoring. Again no leaks from my new Decathlon popup tent.

There was more rain during our trip out to the Hotel de France but there's enough overhang of the roof to remain dry on the front patio.

Had to don the raincoat briefly towards the end of the race as our seats were close to the front, but that was as close as it got.