Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Dec 2022, 00:13 (Ref:4138030)   #226
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Oh, no it can't!

And I must say that I agree with you, this is a good thread but I'll be damned if I have any idea what links the people you mentioned!
I read it that the wanted nine are other drivers in the races discovered by the clues in the question, not the ones actually named. ?
Old 24 Dec 2022, 06:38 (Ref:4138042)   #227
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I read it that the wanted nine are other drivers in the races discovered by the clues in the question, not the ones actually named. ?
The other nine drivers did not participate in races on those dates.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 08:28 (Ref:4138047)   #228
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am baffled on this one!
Old 24 Dec 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4138048)   #229
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One of the nine drivers competed in 2022.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:15 (Ref:4138051)   #230
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This is too cryptic even for me
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:21 (Ref:4138055)   #231
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
One of the nine drivers competed in 2022.
If i add "The other nine drivers did not participate in races on those dates", does this mean the one competing in 2022 was not in F1? If RBS cant find…
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:26 (Ref:4138056)   #232
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Dutch GP 1952
Belgian GP 1958
Dutch GP 1959
Mexican GP 1966
South African GP 1972
Brazilian GP 1979
South African GP 1983
Belgian GP 1995
Spanish GP 1999

Something links nine F1 drivers to those race days.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4138057)   #233
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
If i add "The other nine drivers did not participate in races on those dates", does this mean the one competing in 2022 was not in F1? If RBS cant find…
The driver competing in 2022 competed in the FIA World Drivers Championship in the Formula One Championship.

All nine drivers have competed in Formula One.
Only one of them was on the grid in 2022. The other eight are (currently) former F1 drivers.
The nine drivers were not competing at the time of the listed races. But, something links each of the nine drivers to one of those listed race days.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4138060)   #234
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Birthday? In 2022 Alonso was the senior but cant be part of your question.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:38 (Ref:4138061)   #235
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Thanks all, I too have enjoyed your questions very much. Merry Christmas
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:38 (Ref:4138062)   #236
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Could be Bruno Senna, Nelson Piquet, Nico Rosberg, A de Cesaris, Zanardi, J Verstappen and Sergey Sirotkin in your list?

Last edited by Gerard C; 24 Dec 2022 at 09:45. Reason: additions
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:45 (Ref:4138063)   #237
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Answer to the last Q: Jos Verstappen?
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:48 (Ref:4138064)   #238
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Dutch GP 1952
Belgian GP 1958
Dutch GP 1959
Mexican GP 1966
South African GP 1972
Brazilian GP 1979
South African GP 1983
Belgian GP 1995
Spanish GP 1999

Something links nine F1 drivers to those race days.
I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but I think I might have cracked it..... so I will run a couple to see if I am on the right track
Nelson Piquet for the 1952 Dutch GP
Ricardo Paletti for the 1958 Belgian GP
Andrea De Cesaris for the 1959 Dutch GP

Edit: Just noticed when I posted that Gerard has beaten me to it.....
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:48 (Ref:4138065)   #239
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Addition Pantano, all thanks to wiki!
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:49 (Ref:4138066)   #240
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
EB, the direct link I found is between the race date and the birth date of some drivers. What about my tree? This links, for example, Zhou Guanyu and the spanish GP.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4138068)   #241
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If i'm correct, it gives… ten!
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4138069)   #242
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Answer to the last Q: Jos Verstappen?
One you missed is Zhou Guyanyu as the one who raced this year

Edit: Gerard you did it again! You posted "Joe" whilst I was typing his name as one you had missed. Im getting too slow in my age.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4138072)   #243
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No, no did not miss this one in the list (Spain, yes?). My bet is Verstappen but could be Zhou too… Bisou tout!!
Old 24 Dec 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4138075)   #244
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im getting too slow in my age.
Not at all, its because i'm thinking (when possible) in my mother's tongue, she was Flamish, then translate it in so called french, then type in pigeon english!
Old 24 Dec 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4138076)   #245
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Of over 800 drivers to have contested an official F1 race, only nine were born on the same day as a round of the WDC.

Those drivers, and the races on the day they were born are:

Nelson Piquet - Dutch GP 1952
Riccardo Paletti - Belgian GP 1958
Andrea de Cesaris - Dutch GP 1959
Alex Zanardi - Mexican GP 1966
Jos Verstappen - South African GP 1972
Giorgio Pantano - Brazilian GP 1979
Bruno Senna - South African GP 1983
Sergey Sirotkin - Belgian GP 1995
Zhou Guanyu - Spanish GP 1999

Gerard - I think you have all nine, so the privilege of asking the next question.
You did also suggest Nico Rosberg to make ten. Nico was born 27 June 1985 - the nearest GP was Detroit Grand Prix on 23 June.
Old 24 Dec 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4138077)   #246
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks, I think next question can be EB's. May be he can arrange something based on what he recently sent me about Nascar? It will be hard to match any of Malcolm's question, they are really well put together. One proof is we lost RB! Good questions, friendly ambiance, what else?
Old 25 Dec 2022, 09:24 (Ref:4138154)   #247
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Gerard - I think you have all nine, so the privilege of asking the next question.
You did also suggest Nico Rosberg to make ten. Nico was born 27 June 1985 - the nearest GP was Detroit Grand Prix on 23 June.
Yes, just after his father won there! He then made it home in time to see his baby born
Old 25 Dec 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4138180)   #248
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Merry Christmas, all Ten Tenthers.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 05:31 (Ref:4138211)   #249
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Thanks, I think next question can be EB's. May be he can arrange something based on what he recently sent me about Nascar? It will be hard to match any of Malcolm's question, they are really well put together. One proof is we lost RB! Good questions, friendly ambiance, what else?
OK I actually think this will be relatively easy to solve, and to make it less so I have added a bit from what I sent Gerard. Here goes:

We all tend to think of NASCAR as being a haven for Big American V8 powered, until we had a foreign interloper in the form of Toyota join in earlier in the millennium.

However back in the days of the first decade or so after NASCAR was born it wasnt always that way. A few non American cars popped up in a few NASCAR events. There is one particular car I want you to ID for me, but I am asking for the names of all 4.

So, 4 foreign interlopers to NASCAR back in the fifties, 3 of the 4 unique in some way. It would be all 4 are unique but two share the same uniqueness so I want those 4 names plus bonus point for what the three unique ones did or were.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 07:20 (Ref:4138212)   #250
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m terrible with trivia but assuming the word play was intentional, ID and 4 stood out to me in your wording (ID.4) reminds me that a VW beetle briefly raced in NASCAR.

Or am I just thinking of that Herbie movie?