Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Sep 2009, 01:02 (Ref:2532853)   #1
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petit HELP!

So I'm planning on coming to Petit for the first time this year and I'm looking around for the best deals on air fair as I can (I'm flying in from LA), and I've found one deal that's significantly less expensive than the rest, but the only problem is I'd need to be at the airport to fly home at about 5am, the Sunday morning after the race.

I'm pretty sure the guy I'm camping with can't get me there that early and I'd rather not pay a huge amount for a taxi. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting to the airport on time that quickly after the end of the race?
Old 2 Sep 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2532855)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd love to give you a ride, but like your buddy, i shall be in no condition to drive saturday night or that early sunday morning.

i know there are some airport shuttles around, but.....man, that's an early! can't get a later flight? that's the only suggestion i got. leave later.

good luck.....while you're there, come find us in turn 4 and have a couple.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 02:34 (Ref:2532870)   #3
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decided to bite the bullet and pay a few bucks more for a flight that works better.

I'll be camping with a buddy between T5 and the back straight.

Does anyone know if RA offers a "hidden" student ticket price. I know Sebring has one, but they never advertise it as it's much cheaper than a normal ticket.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 03:13 (Ref:2532878)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Decided to bite the bullet and pay a few bucks more for a flight that works better.

Does anyone know if RA offers a "hidden" student ticket price. I know Sebring has one, but they never advertise it as it's much cheaper than a normal ticket.
Smart choice. The airport is on the other side of town from Road Atlanta with a fair distance between the two.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2533139)   #5
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Off-topic - can you get the Sebring student price on Fangio or Gurney terrace seating?

Chris
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2533152)   #6
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have never found or heard of student pricing at Petit.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2533155)   #7
antiundersteer
Rookie

antiundersteer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can second that, Road Atlanta does not offer a student discount.

Is it too early to think of a place for a ten-tenths meetup?

Cheers,
Phil
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2533214)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Ah, turn 9... Say hi to Captain Martini and gang. They have been camping there for a minute.

Glad you changed your flight. I like to be helpful and all, but that's a haul.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2533388)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think i may have to run by and say hi to the Captian; a wealth of RoadATL stories that guy must have.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2533392)   #10
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Since you're not a student anymore, why would you care?