Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Nov 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2797218)   #176
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Try This:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5745.html

PLM back in plus 6 hours at Imola!
I just watched the new Clarkson DVD which is set at Imola, lots of character and a great match for sportscars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dxKo80k7gs
Old 29 Nov 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2797221)   #177
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good news I'd say. Always hoped PLM would be resolved. This is a firm basis from which a great championship can hopefully grow. Japan will come in time I imagine.

Imola is a surprise and should be a very interesting race.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2797258)   #178
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im already looking into the chances of attending Imola next year . Wonder will any teams from ALMS or AsLMS do the ILMC ? Would make for an interesting grid .

i reckon I can get there easy enough by train .
Old 29 Nov 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2797272)   #179
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The Lime Rock ALMS round is a week after Imola, so that probably rules out any ALMS-teams racing there. However, some ALMS-teams have chosen to skip Lime Rock this year, so perhaps there is a slim chance.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2797293)   #180
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im already looking into the chances of attending Imola next year . Wonder will any teams from ALMS or AsLMS do the ILMC ? Would make for an interesting grid .

i reckon I can get there easy enough by train .
Tokai mentioned something earlier in the year about the possibility of attending some of the pre-LM LMS events for preparation.
Whether this is still being considered, I'm not sure.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2797298)   #181
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to John Dagys over at Speed there is a chance that the Fuji 1000km could still run, but as an AsLMS event. Would be good to get the event running and then slotted in to the big show possibly for 2012.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2797397)   #182
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
In the latter years of Group C the season reviews dried up because the FIA/Bernie charged too much for the rights.
... and there was also Bernies hands in that stupid 3.5l regulations!
Old 30 Nov 2010, 02:37 (Ref:2797449)   #183
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It was the 3.5 litre deal that sounded the death bell for group C . I remember meeting up with Hugh chamberlain ..... he said that there wasnt enough money in the sport to make it work (in those days) except if you were a works outfit . But those 3.5 Pugs & Toyota's were amazing to watch .
Old 30 Nov 2010, 04:04 (Ref:2797457)   #184
KingKenny04
Rookie

United States
MCAS Miramar, CA
KingKenny04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SUCH a relief to see PLM back in. I don't understand having a Chinese event over a Japanese one. I would think that Japan is a much bigger market for this type of thing than China. Is this a case of "Well all the cool kids are doing it, why not us?" or am I missing something?

Also, in regard to the FIA thing, did I notice a "*subject to FIA WMSC approval" note at the bottom of that ILMC schedule?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 06:30 (Ref:2797495)   #185
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKenny04 View Post
SUCH a relief to see PLM back in. I don't understand having a Chinese event over a Japanese one. I would think that Japan is a much bigger market for this type of thing than China. Is this a case of "Well all the cool kids are doing it, why not us?" or am I missing something?

Also, in regard to the FIA thing, did I notice a "*subject to FIA WMSC approval" note at the bottom of that ILMC schedule?
The main reason is that the Japanese market is dominated by the Japanese, Peugeot and Audi sell no cars there.
In China on the other hand, PSA and VW group are both running large programs to capture the market, especially PSA has a good grip on the middle (east cost) class, and VW on the top class.
Therefor it's much more profitable to race in China than Japan.

The "subject to FIA approval" is probably more about a track or the dates. FIA might hold some sort of power over some tracks (ex. the HTTT Paul Richard) which the ACO has to get approval to use.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2797516)   #186
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The main reason is that the Japanese market is dominated by the Japanese, Peugeot and Audi sell no cars there.
In China on the other hand, PSA and VW group are both running large programs to capture the market, especially PSA has a good grip on the middle (east cost) class, and VW on the top class. Therefore it's much more profitable to race in China than Japan.
PSA and VW are huge in China. Audi alone has sold one million cars in China by October 2010. To say the Chinese market is very important to Audi is an understatement.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2797592)   #187
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
ILMS isn't just about Audi and Peugeot. Porsche and Ferrari also sell loads of cars in China.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2797600)   #188
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
ILMS isn't just about Audi and Peugeot. Porsche and Ferrari also sell loads of cars in China.
True, but there is a big luxury tax in China that hits higher priced cars more, also Porsche worldwide sales are less that Audi China sales.

China is important for all manufacturers as it is one of the few markets that they have big expansion potential. I suppose this is where the line is more blurred between sport and business. Without the business we do not have the sport I suppose.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2797612)   #189
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
True, but there is a big luxury tax in China that hits higher priced cars more, also Porsche worldwide sales are less that Audi China sales.

China is important for all manufacturers as it is one of the few markets that they have big expansion potential. I suppose this is where the line is more blurred between sport and business. Without the business we do not have the sport I suppose.
China is 100% capitalistic, if there isn't money in it, they wont do it.
And there is a lot of exposure in Sports, which is why they dominate the Olympics and now hold all sorts of sports in the country.
Having this exposure gives China the initiative to invite ILMC, and with Peugeot and Audi especially (i know about Ferrari and Porsche) pushing to race where there markets are, it's ideal for a race in China.
To be honest i'm amazed there isn't a race in ex. Hong Kong together with the mainland race. (Hong Kong as it can be argued to differ from a Mainland Chinese)

Of course Japan wants exposure too, but just not as bad as China, and Japan doesn't have the economy to pay large bits of the cake, as a major race like ILMC cost. China on the other hand, does have the economy to spend (even though they shouldn't but thats another talk) larger amounts to host a race.

Unfortunately it's probably only us, the fans, who wants to see a Japanese race, and unless we want the fly to Japan and see the race, there isn't much point in racing there.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2797650)   #190
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
If Toyota announce a return expect to see Fuji added to the schedule. I'm sure the two are intrinsically linked.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2797793)   #191
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Frederic Henry-Biabaud, #ILMC general director. Got some interesting tidbits of info on series future
http://twitter.com/johndagys

Could be interesting considering so little is known outside of the schedule and Peugeot/Audi's entry.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 00:08 (Ref:2797908)   #192
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
China is important for all manufacturers as it is one of the few markets that they have big expansion potential
i thought they all drive Saab's in China !!!
Old 1 Dec 2010, 01:30 (Ref:2797924)   #193
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, but who owns Porsche? Isn't it VAG anyway? Both support races at the Zhuhai 1000km were VAG races: Porsche Carrera Cup Asia and Sirocco Cup China.

When ILMC was first announced, there were only LMP1 titles. GT2 titles were only added later as an after thought. You only think it is not about Audi and Peugeot.

Maybe the fans in Europe or America wants a Japanese or even Malaysian race, but not the manufacturers, and ILMC is created for manufacturers.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 02:00 (Ref:2797933)   #194
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If Toyota announce a return expect to see Fuji added to the schedule. I'm sure the two are intrinsically linked.
Very much so. Toyota own Fuji so if they are in the series I would put big money on the ILMC paying a visit there.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2797954)   #195
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/11/...2011-calendar/ in english
Old 1 Dec 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2798167)   #196
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
Yeah, but who owns Porsche? Isn't it VAG anyway? Both support races at the Zhuhai 1000km were VAG races: Porsche Carrera Cup Asia and Sirocco Cup China.

When ILMC was first announced, there were only LMP1 titles. GT2 titles were only added later as an after thought. You only think it is not about Audi and Peugeot.
I meant to say that Porsche and Ferrari are interested in racing in China in addition to Audi and Peugeot. Everyone does, therefore the ILMC goes there.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2798414)   #197
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I meant to say that Porsche and Ferrari are interested in racing in China in addition to Audi and Peugeot. Everyone does, therefore the ILMC goes there.

While you are correct, that Ferrari and Porsche would be interested in racing in China you will find they won't have the influence that Audi and Peugeot have.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/inter.../partners.html
Old 3 Dec 2010, 00:21 (Ref:2798897)   #198
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
http://twitter.com/johndagys

Could be interesting considering so little is known outside of the schedule and Peugeot/Audi's entry.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...rtscars-121/P1
Old 6 Dec 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2800567)   #199
The Badger
Veteran

Someone mentioned in another thread , that the Krohn Ferrari is expected on stage too .

Will that be a new 458 ?

It will probably be Risi running it , so whats the chances of seeing Risi doing it too / Makes sence as the travel could be split . Be great to see Risi at some of the european rounds . Send a few sparkes flyin .
Old 6 Dec 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2800579)   #200
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Someone mentioned in another thread , that the Krohn Ferrari is expected on stage too .

Will that be a new 458 ?

It will probably be Risi running it , so whats the chances of seeing Risi doing it too / Makes sence as the travel could be split . Be great to see Risi at some of the european rounds . Send a few sparkes flyin .
No and no apparently according to Murphy. Still seems unclear but looking like a 430 run by Krohn as a separate entity, not with Risi support.

I agree about with the sentiments about seeing a Risi 458 in Europe though. Not sure outside of Le Mans we will...