Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 May 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3241403)   #126
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Last year I used a cheap portable radio with a proper pair of headphones, not inserts. It worked really well.
Old 1 May 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3241404)   #127
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
not sure why but my ear pieces are always falling out no matter how i place them so will try a few different things and see if they work
Old 1 May 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3241416)   #128
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Noticed over the last few years that a lot of people have started to use headphone with radio's in them rather than small radio's with the small ear inserts, could be this years purchase can anyone recommend a cheap alternative nothing to expensive please
Got mine through fleabay (other sites are available). They are made by Peltor and go by the name of Racetunes or Worktunes, and act as ear defenders too. I'm out near Arnage when I'm marshalling and reception of RLM is fine.
Old 1 May 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3241431)   #129
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bought a big pair of Radio Headphones. Didn't use it really. I opted for a small radio with good in-ear earphones.
This year I have upgraded to an iPod Nano so I can wear it with fashion on my arm and dial in more precisely and foam tips for my earphones .
Old 1 May 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3241512)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Noticed over the last few years that a lot of people have started to use headphone with radio's in them rather than small radio's with the small ear inserts, could be this years purchase can anyone recommend a cheap alternative nothing to expensive please
99p?

I bought this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2810932827...84.m1497.l2649

Thought it was worth a 99p punt and I had no competition. Turns out to be a seriously nice set of full Peugeot headphone radio. Never used.

But I'll still be taking my wonderful Elvex Quietunes.
Old 2 May 2013, 05:52 (Ref:3241599)   #131
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
99p?

I bought this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2810932827...84.m1497.l2649

Thought it was worth a 99p punt and I had no competition. Turns out to be a seriously nice set of full Peugeot headphone radio. Never used.

But I'll still be taking my wonderful Elvex Quietunes.
What a steal!
Old 2 May 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3241626)   #132
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think you got a bargain there Ayse, but you should use them otherwise they will be wasted
Old 2 May 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3241639)   #133
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bought my D700 yesterday, should be arriving in the next 15 days or so. May have to start looking at a new bag for my kit.
Old 2 May 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3241643)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think you got a bargain there Ayse, but you should use them otherwise they will be wasted
I'll give them a try but as my others are so good they'll probably find their way back onto EBay!
Old 2 May 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3241645)   #135
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I'll give them a try but as my others are so good they'll probably find their way back onto EBay!
Well take then down and I will take them off your hands at a generous profit £2 alright that is a profit of well over 100%
Old 2 May 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3241647)   #136
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These are cheap...could be worth a punt?
Old 2 May 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3241648)   #137
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been using a pair of these (older analogue version) for the past 6 or 7 years.
Old 2 May 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3241651)   #138
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well they look cheap enough might give them a go
Old 2 May 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3241656)   #139
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just checked PayPal...purchased on 6th May 2006 for £17.99 inc P+P.

This will be their 8th Le Mans....best Le Mans related purchase I've ever made!
Old 2 May 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3241706)   #140
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Bought a new tent after the 2009 race....and it's never been used! It's a four man one and I've not had the need to use it all since I got it, been making do with my old two man, but this year there's a group of us going so the new tent will (finally) get it's first outing!

Also I didnt get down the Mulsanne last time I was at the race so I think that the Porsche Curves will be one of my first point of call this year!
Old 2 May 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3241745)   #141
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New tent for us this year too. Jury is still out to be honest but I suppose fair play it managed not to get destroyed at hurricane Silverstone last month!
Old 2 May 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3241808)   #142
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Well take then down and I will take them off your hands at a generous profit £2 alright that is a profit of well over 100%
I reckon they're worth at least a tenner on ebay.....
Old 2 May 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3241845)   #143
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just purchased a new gazebo because of the previous one died in a tornado while I was sauntering towards James and Andrew at the same moment

And while I was at it with my credit card in one hand and the mouse of my computer in the other (dangerous combination!) I also bought a Toyota Hybrid Polo Shirt
Old 3 May 2013, 06:39 (Ref:3241977)   #144
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I reckon they're worth at least a tenner on ebay.....
That sort of blatant commercial business making highly outrageous profit margins has no place on this forum, could a moderator please warn the person concerned that we will only accept items at cost price.
Old 3 May 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3242147)   #145
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
New tent for us this year too. Jury is still out to be honest but I suppose fair play it managed not to get destroyed at hurricane Silverstone last month!
Was touch and go a couple of times when the roof was touching my nose.
Old 3 May 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3242148)   #146
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Just bought a portable camping toilet, looks more like a bucket with a seat but it will do!
Old 3 May 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3242153)   #147
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The bogs in the camp site are usually OK no compliants in the last few years
Old 3 May 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3242187)   #148
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The bogs in the camp site are usually OK no compliants in the last few years
agree, but now I don't have to wait in line after having too many merguez in combination with beer.
Old 3 May 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3242192)   #149
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
What is that with all this merquez intolerance of everybody? Never have had any trouble whatsoever. You better cook it properly!

Or do I have iron intestines, and am I the odd one out here, and is it quite normal to suffer from merquezitis?
Old 3 May 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3242199)   #150
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
agree, but now I don't have to wait in line after having too many merguez in combination with beer.
It is not quite as easy as that, once you have stunk out the tent you are later going to sleep in you then have to go and wait in line to empty the portable toilet holding something that well you know what i mean.