Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Jul 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1951509)   #1
blueoval
Rookie

England
suffolk
blueoval should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMOC At Snett

Just wanted to thank everybody at amoc for a good day on saturday good days racing ok some of the cars prehaps not the fastest in the world but what a loverly sight going around the track. Drivers and teams freindly and time for a chat.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1951745)   #2
CUT 7
Rookie

CUT 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how were the super GT's? Wild or ??
Old 2 Jul 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1952656)   #3
blueoval
Rookie

England
suffolk
[qsuper GT's good idea but do we need yet another GT championship i think we have to many GT/tintop championship's but i think we've been here beforeuote=CUT 7]how were the super GT's? Wild or ??[/quote]
Old 2 Jul 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1952659)   #4
blueoval
Rookie

England
suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
[qsuper GT's good idea but do we need yet another GT championship i think we have to many GT/tintop championship's but i think we've been here beforeuote=CUT 7]how were the super GT's? Wild or ??
[/quote]
Old 2 Jul 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1952664)   #5
blueoval
Rookie

England
suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
[qsuper GT's good idea but do we need yet another GT championship i think we have to many GT/tintop championship's but i think we've been here beforeuote=CUT 7]how were the super GT's? Wild or ??
[/quote]
Old 2 Jul 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1952670)   #6
blueoval
Rookie

England
suffolk
sorry about the repeats i will get the hang of these b~##<ly computers oneday
Old 5 Jul 2007, 17:44 (Ref:1955429)   #7
T600
Rookie

England
Norfolk
T600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to second the fact - it was a great meeting. It has been a long while since I have wandered around a paddock as friendly and hospitable as it was Saturday. I went to see the Super GTs but thoroughly enjoyed trying to identify some of the older cars!
If only some of the teams in other championships were as spectator friendly as the Super GT competitors.
Apparently the next Super GT is at Oulton, anyone know of any others yet?
Old 6 Jul 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1955792)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't the Super GTs be better in with the Britcar or Britsports races? I know that the cars might need adapting for the longer races but it would lead to one extremely strong series rather than two weaker ones (the last Btritcar Oulton round had to have Britsports & Britcar combined).
Old 10 Jul 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1959570)   #9
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure Britcar would be able to accomodate some of the cars, according to Autosport the next SuperGT meeting could well include a Lister Storm and a Jaguar XJ220 - which is really annoying because the Oulton Park event is on my birthday, and I'll be at Silverstone for the LMS meeting instead! Been aching to see a Storm in competition again, particularly nationally.

How did the idea for this series come about, anyway? There was an Autosport article a week or two back and that was the first I'd heard of it. Kinda came out of the blue really, from my perspective.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 12:09 (Ref:1959580)   #10
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I'm not sure Britcar would be able to accomodate some of the cars, according to Autosport the next SuperGT meeting could well include a Lister Storm and a Jaguar XJ220 - which is really annoying because the Oulton Park event is on my birthday, and I'll be at Silverstone for the LMS meeting instead! Been aching to see a Storm in competition again, particularly nationally.

How did the idea for this series come about, anyway? There was an Autosport article a week or two back and that was the first I'd heard of it. Kinda came out of the blue really, from my perspective.
I'm sure that James Tucker can make the rules in Britcar accommodate whatever cars he wants!

I think that Super GTs grew out of the old Class A of the AMOC Intermarque challenge. I think that Class A (for highly modified cars) was succesful for a while but grids eventually dropped. More recently it seems that owners of these cars are keen to develop the class again. Old wine in new bottles? None the worse for that but I still think that, given the relatively low number of these sorts of cars that their are around, and the expense of running them, the cars could find a home in Britcar/ Britsport.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 07:11 (Ref:1962146)   #11
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Moderators, Shouldn't this thread be merged with the Snetterton AMOC 30 June one on the Historic Racing Today forum?
Old 22 Jul 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1969697)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably no need to merge, but here is the thread, for those that don't go to the HRT forum:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97932