Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Feb 2015, 14:20 (Ref:3509675)   #1376
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The worse year i remember the rain during the race was so hard that even if you were under cover the cars were going round but the weather ment that you saw a vague impression of a car pass by and then a cloud of spray within which most of the remaining cars sneaked past. That year was the worst i remember but the result was a very surprising win for a certain car so very memorable for both reasons
Old 27 Feb 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3509680)   #1377
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The worst year I have had was my first - 1980. The photo of the start showed the front row of the grid and then a wall of spray. I went with a friend no his motorcycle and we wore our full waterproofs for an awful lot of the time. The following week when we toured the Loire valley was really warm and dry.

Sean
Old 27 Feb 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3509728)   #1378
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'd have to agree on last year. The warm weather leading up was fantastic, and the thirty minutes or so of r--- did make things interesting. I would be totally okay with a repeat this year.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3509798)   #1379
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Quite - wall to wall sunshine and not too hot either.

OH, having missed last time round, has put in an official request that it's warm this year.
Request granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I liked the half hour of rain last year (sorry Andrew) it spiced things up a bit...

That it sure did Nobby! It was just a shame that we lost one leading LMP1 car and put another out of contention......

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
The worst year I have had was my first - 1980. The photo of the start showed the front row of the grid and then a wall of spray. I went with a friend no his motorcycle and we wore our full waterproofs for an awful lot of the time. The following week when we toured the Loire valley was really warm and dry.

Sean
I seem to have an awful lot of memories over the years of scorching sunshine on the Monday after the race!
Old 28 Feb 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3509864)   #1380
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The worse year i remember the rain during the race was so hard that even if you were under cover the cars were going round but the weather ment that you saw a vague impression of a car pass by and then a cloud of spray within which most of the remaining cars sneaked past. That year was the worst i remember but the result was a very surprising win for a certain car so very memorable for both reasons
Was that perhaps an English car, with a German engine, with a Japanese sponsor?

That same carbrand will do some festivities at Le Mans this year, celebrating their succes 20 years ago.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 08:40 (Ref:3509945)   #1381
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well done Vince, the result that year was great and yes we had fun but boy did we get wet, hopefully we will see a few mclaren's there this year for thee aniversary
Old 6 Mar 2015, 18:12 (Ref:3512550)   #1382
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In this traditionally awfully translated PR piece it says that there are 61 cars entered for the Legends race and "some 60" for the AMR Festival.
http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/20...746_19122.html

Also ACO proudly saying there are ten different chassis in LMP2. Not sure if that's great marketing strategy knowing it's all likely gonna be spec-ified in couple of years time. Also in reality it's only 8 chassis as they've counted the fake Oreca-Courage-"Alpine" and EVO version of Oak-Pescarolo-"Morgan(-SARD)" as separate entities

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Mar 2015 at 18:18.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3512552)   #1383
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
And as they point out exactly 100 days until the big day
Old 6 Mar 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3512553)   #1384
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yup. Yesterday that is =P

99 bottles of beer on the wall
Old 6 Mar 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3512571)   #1385
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
98 days and 17 hrs and 28 minutes you mean. In 100 days it is all over for another year
Old 16 Mar 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3515945)   #1386
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Red Bull losing interest in F1, probably just politics but hé, I say:
Welcome to WEC.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3515946)   #1387
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Red Bull losing interest in F1, probably just politics but hé, I say:
Welcome to WEC.
Please no. Not if they bring their entire politicking and rhetoric from F1 to the WEC. That's not what we need.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3515948)   #1388
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The WEC does not need Red Bull and i doubt they could compete in LMP1 against the factory guys
Old 16 Mar 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3515999)   #1389
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The WEC does not need Red Bull and i doubt they could compete in LMP1 against the factory guys
I think they can and in my opinion, the more LMP1 the merrier!!!!!(is that correct english).
ACO could do with a little more pollitics instead of the 'french way'
Old 16 Mar 2015, 21:24 (Ref:3516003)   #1390
Deleted
Veteran

Oh yes. Further politics and FIA influence, that is the key to ultimate success surely!
Old 16 Mar 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3516006)   #1391
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I think they can and in my opinion, the more LMP1 the merrier!!!!!(is that correct english).
ACO could do with a little more pollitics instead of the 'french way'
perhaps in the LMP1 privateer class they could compete but against the big spending factory guys they would have serious trouble
Old 16 Mar 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3516009)   #1392
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
perhaps in the LMP1 privateer class they could compete but against the big spending factory guys they would have serious trouble
Don't think ACO would grant team called "Red Bull Racing" an entry into the hybridless-subclass, but force them to run along the manufacturers with hybrid *because*
Old 27 Mar 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3520251)   #1393
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
So, with Marc Lieb detonating and demolishing the Paul Ricard lap record by two seconds, record held by the 2010 LMP1 cars that also hold the distance and lap records at Le Mans, what do we expect this year? Sub-3:18 pole and 400+ laps in the race?
Old 27 Mar 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3520262)   #1394
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
To do that there would have to be no rain, little or no safety car periods and faultless running from those cars, however that would be less than exciting
Old 27 Mar 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3520289)   #1395
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Qualifying is going to be incredible! I just wish they'd extend it for 10mins right at the end and let the P1 guys have at it. I know part of the mystique of a Le Mans qually lap is getting space in traffic but still.

Would be nice to see a record fall during the week. Whatever it is.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 17:24 (Ref:3520460)   #1396
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
And in other news, the construction of 4 new garages in time for the 2016 race has been confirmed.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3520463)   #1397
Deleted
Veteran

Best news all year long!

Circuit has licence for 61 cars for the race itself so only one further needed after these before begging from the FIA.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3520466)   #1398
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Not a moment too soon, good news.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3520477)   #1399
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well let us all hope that the demand for grid places is strong as i would rather not have empty garages or grid filling entries that just make up the numbers
Old 27 Mar 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3520494)   #1400
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
To do that there would have to be no rain, little or no safety car periods and faultless running from those cars, however that would be less than exciting
Oh I don't know, a flat-out blast between Toyota and Porsche sounds good to me - with Audi ready to pick up the pieces (of the Nissans....)