Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 May 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3539428)   #1476
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
T-shirts are in short supply.... But beers are aplenty!
Old 19 May 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3539434)   #1477
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
T-shirts are in short supply.... But beers are aplenty!
I always wear my shorts but beers available if you make it onto TR Vince
Old 19 May 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3539472)   #1478
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice, very NICE.
Old 20 May 2015, 03:37 (Ref:3539524)   #1479
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
<quibble> Aren't the chicanes called Playstation and Michelin? </quibble>
lol
keke
Old 20 May 2015, 08:10 (Ref:3539563)   #1480
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
<quibble> Aren't the chicanes called Playstation and Michelin? </quibble>
lol
keke
Which is why , in post 1472, Vince said " yes, I know the chicanes will have some different names, but these will work fine for me
Old 20 May 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3539568)   #1481
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone, somewhere thought this would be a great idea. A women-only pavilion at Le Mans.

https://www.autoclub.fr/en/news/le-m...477_20251.html

What a backwards way of championing women at Le Mans. Segregate them and display their achievements to only themselves. Whilst giving them a pampering.
Old 20 May 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3539571)   #1482
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Someone, somewhere thought this would be a great idea. A women-only pavilion at Le Mans.

What a backwards way of championing women at Le Mans. Segregate them and display their achievements to only themselves. Whilst giving them a pampering.
Exactly right. At first I thought it was to celebrate the role of women at Le Mans, but it finally sunk in that it is for women only. Maybe Vince should go to demonstrate the link between Le Mans and T Shirts :-)
Old 20 May 2015, 09:38 (Ref:3539575)   #1483
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

We are back with gridgirls and discrimination than are we
It is a big sponsored pavilion by Pandora, Indeed a women only jewelery.
Old 20 May 2015, 10:55 (Ref:3539599)   #1484
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the problem is in the way they've pitched it, i think.

the sponsor is fantastic - a female orientated sponsor at le mans? brilliant! but why do we need a lady creche? i don't want to read the feminine press, i want to read autosport and auto hebdo and have a clean ladies only shower area...
Old 20 May 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3539602)   #1485
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's just misguided I think. There are definitely steps the ACO could take to improve facilities and the general experience for women - like you say bella - without the need for a patronising gimmick.

"The aim of the Women’s Pavillion is to play down the glamour aspect of the Le Mans 24 Hours."

Yet they are creating a beauty area and serving cocktails? It sounds like something set up to appease Steve McQueen's girlfriend in the 70s.
Old 20 May 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3539608)   #1486
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As far as i have seen the facilities have improved all around and certainly the female ones are a vast improvement, As for the showers and toilet facilities it is a modern world now and therefore good facilities should be available for all without discrimination of any kind
Old 20 May 2015, 11:36 (Ref:3539616)   #1487
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no such thing as ladies only showers at le mans...

my point was that if they're going to treat us differently and make things more tolerable and enjoyable for women then at least do it in ways that we'd appreciate. like showers that don't smell of boys. or bogs that the boys *don't* use when their queue is too long and they need to take a newspaper in...

i am not a pansy cause i can't be in my job(s). but even i barely tolerate the showers there. not being funny but us ladies have to put more clothes on, spend more time washing our hair, if you've got long hair then you need two towels in the shower and there's barely room for one and a change of clothes as it is...

so yeah. sod a cocktail bar. most of us drink what we want in the campsite anyway. i tend to mainline kir royales
Old 20 May 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3539649)   #1488
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Talking about drinks and cocktails, my friend Mike M. the Corvette fan (see above pics) will bring the ingredients l(dubonnet and calvados, an orange, I'll supply the crushed ice) for a Bentley Boys Cocktail. Apparently this is what Woolf B. et co. drank after their first win, by lack of other drinks available. Curious combination, to say the least.
Old 20 May 2015, 13:56 (Ref:3539655)   #1489
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure that would be my choice of drinks but needs must i suppose
Old 20 May 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3539657)   #1490
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would be up for that as long as you leave the Dubonnet and orange out :-)
Old 20 May 2015, 14:36 (Ref:3539667)   #1491
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
The ACO stand has separate Ladies and Gents showers.
Old 20 May 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3539672)   #1492
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
and for those of us who don't like paying €100 purely to use the aco's showers...
Old 20 May 2015, 15:52 (Ref:3539690)   #1493
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
you could borrow an ACO pass
Old 20 May 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3539694)   #1494
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I would be up for that as long as you leave the Dubonnet and orange out :-)

Well that could be arranged. You are in the scouts' camp at Garage Vert aren't you? Look out for a red gazebo with a chandelier in it. My gazebo will be the one at GV that is the most lit up. Come over and say hi, and we'll mix you a Bentley Boys Cocktail without Dubonnet and without orange-peel.
Old 20 May 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3539751)   #1495
claude2cv
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post

Well that could be arranged. You are in the scouts' camp at Garage Vert aren't you? Look out for a red gazebo with a chandelier in it. My gazebo will be the one at GV that is the most lit up. Come over and say hi, and we'll mix you a Bentley Boys Cocktail without Dubonnet and without orange-peel.
Thanks, I am not the scout person ( I think he is Ken, maybe Leg) but I am in TH so will find you. I arrive Thursday morning.

Sean
Old 20 May 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3539760)   #1496
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
No, that's not true. They're not fancy, but they ARE for women only. I am, however, not telling you where they are.

Bribeable with kir royales,
keke
Old 23 May 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3540483)   #1497
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
getting in the mood for my annual euro trip by watching the European song contest, must be getting old i actually like some of them
Old 23 May 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3540490)   #1498
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Your ears need checking mate, this has been one of the most naff Eurovisions I can remember. The ultimate consequence of splitting the votes between public and panel, nobody wants to get trashed by the critics so they go the safe boring route.

Having said that the Italian (Il Volo) entry gets my vote.
Old 24 May 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3540554)   #1499
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
We are all getting old sat infront of my tv all night until I fell a sleep during voting. Not a good practice for the LM24 Only found out this morning Sweden won. My vote was on Belgium.
Old 24 May 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3540565)   #1500
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well stayed awake for the whole show and to be honest the voting is always my top bit, guessing what will get the top mark from each country, however this year liked all the songs that finished in the top few places and yes i would have voted for Belgium. Just watched highlights of the britcar 24 hours of silverstone. a very good warm up for the real thing