Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Feb 2023, 09:34 (Ref:4145212)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I was there with a couple of friends on Friday and also quicky noticed less floorspace in use this year.

.................Therr wss a gorgeous Spice Capri on the ToP Hat/Equipe GTS stand.
Sorry I missed you. The Capri is apparently entered in the Equipe 70s series for GT and touring cars. Not sure Top Hat exists anymore but the name is owned by Masters.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4145284)   #27
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just filled in the questionnaire. I basically told them that they have one year to get it back to where it was and that one of the key things is encouraging the clubs back, even if it means selling stands at a big discount. That, in itself, will bring more punters (and associated revenue) through the doors.

If they don't get it right next year, then Race Retro's pretty much dead in my opinion sadly.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4145285)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well, me and MG Dave are thinking of having Auto jumble at Delta HQ.WDYT
Who wants to run the burger van.Gordon
Old 1 Mar 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4145343)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Just filled in the questionnaire. I basically told them that they have one year to get it back to where it was and that one of the key things is encouraging the clubs back, even if it means selling stands at a big discount. That, in itself, will bring more punters (and associated revenue) through the doors.

If they don't get it right next year, then Race Retro's pretty much dead in my opinion sadly.
I responded in a similar manner.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4145350)   #30
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
They are claiming 22k people there over the three days. I am sure it used to be over 30K. It's worth everyone writing to them with their views.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4145369)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
A friend of a customer of mine has a number of historic F1 cars and ASI rang him up asking him to bring them along, he said "sure" and they then asked for £2.5k! Unsurprisingly they didn't appear.
Content, content, content, and the organisers are going to have to stop treating exhibitors as cash cows.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4145391)   #32
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
They are claiming 22k people there over the three days. I am sure it used to be over 30K.
https://hamiltonclassic.co.uk/blogs/...record-turnout
21,000 in 2017

https://www.historicracingnews.com/A...ace-Retro/1506
23,100 in 2018

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...v=79cba1185463
24,212 in 2019

All described as record numbers
Old 1 Mar 2023, 15:27 (Ref:4145401)   #33
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what I saw on the Saturday, it was less then I've seen in terms of people there compared to previous years but what's strange about those previous years numbers is that they were growing pre-COVID, yet a lot of people were saying the event was getting worse.

There are a lot of things Race Retro could improve on but at the same time they are restricted by other more dubious evens (HS2) taking place around Stoneleigh. All being well, I'll be back next year.