Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2582253)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indian Grand Prix - Jaypee Group Circuit

This race has been delayed until 2011 but they've finally got round to revealing the design of the circuit holding the race, the Jaypee Group Circuit in Greater Noida

Here for masterplan - run-off areas suggest clockwise, whilst the pit straight is not the one shown on the Wiki diagram above

Looks a bit like a warped edit of new Kyalami. Doesn't strike as "ye gods that's awful" but at the same time, that's a lot of hairpins and heavy braking. Could be reasonably good

Last edited by jab; 15 Nov 2009 at 13:14.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2582254)   #2
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this another one by Captain Unpopular? I mean Tilke?

Not sure about the design. I quite like that top section, looks like Suzuka for about 4 corners!
Old 15 Nov 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2582256)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh I was about to say it looks like the newer Kyalami. I quite like it actually.

Selby
Old 15 Nov 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2582271)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Long straights !!!!! Is that a consequence of "more overtaking" ?
Old 15 Nov 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2582274)   #5
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That corner on the top left side of the diagram has got a nice shape. But one classic corner on a track is not enough. Still, somehow I get the impression that somebody from Bureau Tilke must have taken a look at out MyTracks sub-board on here.
Stylistically, this design looks somewhat like Tilke has copied ScotsBrutesFan's design style from about a year ago. SBF, if you read this, how would you edit this track so that it does not end up with that many sharp corners?
Old 15 Nov 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2582344)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Looks ok I guess, still too many slow corners to really get my blood going though.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2582372)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
No doubt the whole thing will be 'as flat as a pancake'.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2582380)   #8
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
No doubt the whole thing will be 'as flat as a pancake'.
You never know! Turkey has loads of nice elevation changes.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2582406)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
It's a shame that there's no one there to see them.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2582412)   #10
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to reserve judgement until:

a) We see what (if any) elevation changes there are on the track.

b) We see a Gp2 race there, Gp2 being the barometer of how much overtaking a track can produce IMO.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 15 Nov 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2582414)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Like from Himalaia to Bombai ?
Old 15 Nov 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2582416)   #12
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can I be brutally honest and file this one under "not going to happen"?
Old 15 Nov 2009, 19:51 (Ref:2582422)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Rumour has it that the entire operation is being overseen by a Mr Simon Gillett. Rumour also has it that he has plans to put a tunnel under the Taj Mahal.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2582433)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Rumour has it that the entire operation is being overseen by a Mr Simon Gillett. Rumour also has it that he has plans to put a tunnel under the Taj Mahal.
Ok I was just being sarcastic, but this is torture !
Old 16 Nov 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2582672)   #15
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think that is the best place for it. I cant see it happening and having worked in India the past 18 months i cant see anybody being particularly interested in paying the usual GP ticket prices...+ Indian govt has already stated that Motorsport-F1 is not a sport and not eligible for govt assistance meaning it has to be built with private money...+ there are so many better places to be having a GP
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2582859)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Indian govt has already stated that Motorsport-F1 is not a sport
Well, they're a bunch of idiots then.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2582865)   #17
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Well, they're a bunch of idiots then.
Are they?

F1 is s business, not a traditional sport. I think the Indian government is right to refuse public money that just gets transferred from where it is needed (the Indian populous), in to BE's pocket, via a £500 million track that gets used twice a year.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2582876)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Are they?

F1 is s business, not a traditional sport. I think the Indian government is right to refuse public money that just gets transferred from where it is needed (the Indian populous), in to BE's pocket, via a £500 million track that gets used twice a year.
Still far more physically demanding than cricket.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2582889)   #19
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indian govt see more value in supporting cricket, hockey, football and squash/tennis. I agree that these sports are far more deserving of govt funding and support, rather then support a sport for 100 priveleged Indians to race at home on an FIA licenced track
Old 16 Nov 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2582904)   #20
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm guessing you've never actually played the game?

Anyway, I think the Indian government are right not to back motorsport. It doesn't make sense for them to spend money on a race track to benefit a few of the very rich when they could build a new cricket ground for example which would be of far more value to the population.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2583042)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Baseball makes test cricket seem like a potential sport for the X Games.
Old 17 Nov 2009, 00:57 (Ref:2583270)   #22
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Professional cricketers suffer from far more muscular, joint, back, wrist, shoulder and tendon problems than any F1 driver suffers from. To suggest their sport is not physically demanding is a nonsense.

The truth is each one of them places its own demands on the body in one way or another and when pushed to a high level of reptitive performance the human body will often break down over a period of time regardless of the level of training.

Professional cricket places far more strain on muscles, tendons and joints than F1 does.
Conversely F1 requires extroidinary levels of physiological endurance, concentration, cardiovascular fitness and stamina under relatively high temperatures than many much more physically active sports
Old 17 Nov 2009, 03:56 (Ref:2583310)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Baseball makes test cricket seem like a potential sport for the X Games.
Whoever said I liked baseball? I think watching paint dry is more interesting.
Old 17 Nov 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2583866)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Whoever said I liked baseball? I think watching paint dry is more interesting.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 03:22 (Ref:2583936)   #25
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm not seeing a circuit length. Anyone know if this one will also be in that ~5.4km realm?

I think this one may have more potential than a number of Tilke's other efforts, but by the same token, I'm not holding my breath on this one being that good either.