Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Apr 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3813629)   #2201
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, that's a good reminder Victor. Mine were playing up last year and I need to get on and order some new ones.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3814031)   #2202
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was some PR piece on Sky where Zak Brown asked Alonso "Indy or Le Mans?". And Fred answered LM - even though he's yet to race there, he thinks it gonna be more impressive of the two

Moving on
Old 8 Apr 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3814040)   #2203
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
There was some PR piece on Sky where Zak Brown asked Alonso "Indy or Le Mans?". And Fred answered LM - even though he's yet to race there, he thinks it gonna be more impressive of the two

Moving on
I'll be the judge of that this year, as I'm attending both.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3817147)   #2204
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I return to a previous question to which I'm not sure I got an official answer.

I bought a Pitwalk ticket for this year to see what it facilitates in the end. However, I was only given a voucher in the mail to exchange at the track. Does anyone know where the ticket office is located so that I may do that? I know it used to be at the Rotonde but I'm not sure it's there any longer.
Well, I just called the ACO ticket office and they said that sending the vouchers was a mistake on their part; the actual pitwalk passes will be sent out in May.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3817201)   #2205
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news!

I renewed my ACO subscription today.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 08:02 (Ref:3817285)   #2206
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good news!

I renewed my ACO subscription today.
It's definatly worth the money, altough I know some others think it's not.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3817393)   #2207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've been a member since 1997. I've always persuaded myself to renew.....
Old 25 Apr 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3817414)   #2208
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport advertising that the magazine out tomorrow with come with a free wec 2017 review dvd. Might be tempting enough to buy a copy
Old 26 Apr 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3817545)   #2209
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If it hasn't got Fernando on the cover I can't see any reason to buy it.......

Joking aside, yes, that would probably tempt me too.
Old 26 Apr 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3817552)   #2210
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It might have Fred on the cover, but with McLaren outfit ofc
Old 5 May 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3820140)   #2211
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, Spa results look promissing.
Old 7 May 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3820629)   #2212
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Thinking of driving down for the classic this year, main reason is because I read it is possible to do a paradelap. I'll be staying off circuit, does anyone know how to book a paradelap? And yes I know it's more than paradelaps, but it's on my bucketlist. So far I ran and walked the cicuit, now I want to drive it.
Old 7 May 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3820634)   #2213
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
usually you book parade laps with your car club, but i think you can book direct with the aco if your car is on their list. i suspect yours will be. not sure if i will make it tis time but never say never
Old 7 May 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3820644)   #2214
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Le Mans is gonna be a Toyota walkover. I say enjoy the experience best you can
Old 7 May 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3820655)   #2215
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
usually you book parade laps with your car club, but i think you can book direct with the aco if your car is on their list. i suspect yours will be. not sure if i will make it tis time but never say never
It is on their list, can't find where to book though.
Old 7 May 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3820661)   #2216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Le Mans is gonna be a Toyota walkover. I say enjoy the experience best you can
So was 2016. And 2017 probably. I wouldn't go to the bookies with too much money. Anything can happen.
Old 7 May 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3820668)   #2217
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed. 2016 they lost on the last lap. Dunno what happened to them in 2017. Anything can still happen, but I would be surprised not to see a Toyota on the top step
Old 7 May 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3820672)   #2218
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Indeed. 2016 they lost on the last lap. Dunno what happened to them in 2017.
They broke. Well, two of them. The only thing was that Porsche broke slightly better...... The fact that Porsche won the last two Le Mans shows how much luck you still need to win it.
Old 7 May 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3820676)   #2219
S griffin
Veteran

It was weird though how lightning strike twice in that Toyota twice had the event won and twice reliability let them down. They’ve got less competition now, but who knows what will?
Old 8 May 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3820746)   #2220
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It was weird though how lightning strike twice in that Toyota twice had the event won and twice reliability let them down. They’ve got less competition now, but who knows what will?
I'd put 2014 in the same category (the should have won it category), they had the race under control and were undone by the freak failure of a piece of FIA mandated equipment. Really, they have no luck when they get to Le Mans, no luck at all. I agree with Ayse, chicken counting is a risky business when it comes to Toyota at Le Mans.
Old 8 May 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3820789)   #2221
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Even more risky than those awful chicken baguettes from the ACO cafe behind T17/18.....
Old 8 May 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3820805)   #2222
S griffin
Veteran

Don't worry, I'm sure there's plenty of other food stalls around the circuit
Old 11 May 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3821491)   #2223
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Just received the Pitwalk pass. Included... GRIDWALK WRISTBAND!!!!

holyshitholyshitholyshit

All of a sudden the money spent looks worth while. )
Old 11 May 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3821528)   #2224
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, you get to prance about on the hallowed ground just before the race Victor? We can only permit that if you wave to us in royal fashion in the grandstand.......
Old 13 May 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3822126)   #2225
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So, you get to prance about on the hallowed ground just before the race Victor? We can only permit that if you wave to us in royal fashion in the grandstand.......
I second that