Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3052251)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Will the new Concorde agreement contain a budget cap?

Sauber are just one of a few teams that would welcome some kind of budget cap that is a little more far reaching than the current resource restriction agreement.

It may be that it could get written into the next Concorde agreement.

What do you think?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98566
Old 2 Apr 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3052272)   #2
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haven't a couple of teams signed it already? If that's the case I can't see how it could be introduced retrospectively.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3052333)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Haven't a couple of teams signed it already? If that's the case I can't see how it could be introduced retrospectively.
We don't have any confirmation that any team has actually signed anything.

However, I would suggest that BE wouldn't say that some teams have made "commercial agreements" with him unless they had.

Statements like: "There is still plenty of work to be done on contracts, so its probably premature to say anything," Whitmarsh admitted, "It's a good deal if it means we're not at war, and working together on making all teams sustainable, controlling costs and building the sport to make it much more exciting." would also seem to suggest that not everything is, at this moment, set in stone.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3052574)   #4
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where would "excess money" go? If the championship winner gets $80-odd million, which I think I read somewhere (may have just been speculation) then where do you start the budget cap? And what's included? And what of sponsorship deals?

I don't see how it is workable, but I guess Bernie would love it.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3052584)   #5
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would imigine there is a majority of teams that would favour a budget cap once it is set at a realistic level. However I can't see the top three or four teams agreeing to it, and the other part is who oversees it?
Old 2 Apr 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3052612)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The teams are currently trying to get the FIA to oversee the resource restriction agreement. And maybe that will be the FIAs opportunity to try out some forensic accountancy.