Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2016, 12:31 (Ref:3663031)   #51
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There has to be a budget cap. Otherwise we'll see about 2 teams running out of money.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 15:54 (Ref:3663065)   #52
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The teams will never agree to it, even those on the edge of going under.

A more fair division of prize money is the more realistic way to creep a little closer to parity, but people have been talking about that for years, and it has not happened yet.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3663076)   #53
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm still not sure that a cost cap is workable. I can just see too many ways of getting round it, then accusations of cheating, claim and counter-claim, results being declared void, chaos. It's a nice idea, and $100,000,000 is hardly peanuts, but I think it will remain a pipe dream.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3663094)   #54
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If thought out... I believe it can be made to work, but I just don't see there being a will to make it happen. And as I have said before, I think many of the larger teams area against it because it actually might work and destroy their dominance.

It seems like it is dead topic even before it started again. I expect a few pages of the same old arguments (it can work, it can never work, etc.) being rehashed and then the thread going dormant again.

Richard
Old 3 Aug 2016, 04:16 (Ref:3663160)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't make up my mind...are Williams to be admired for never supporting changes that hint of formally creating a two tier formula or are they only acting against their own best interest.

certainly a noble attitude to want to compete under an equal framework but it's hardly equal though.