Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 Mar 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4102810)   #1
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Formula 2 - “2022” Season

Wasn't sure if it was best to start a new thread, or add to the rumours thread.

But anyway, the F2 grid is filled, and Formula Scout has a nice season preview, with a bit about each team and driver.

https://formulascout.com/f2-2022-sea...ason-yet/90390
Old 16 Mar 2022, 23:11 (Ref:4102834)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes a new thread was right, thanks.

Hope we can have more interest in round by round threads this year too!

Support last year was rubbish!!
Old 17 Mar 2022, 09:38 (Ref:4102865)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In my ignorance, is there somewhere you can watch the races online?
Old 17 Mar 2022, 21:48 (Ref:4102990)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
30 minute race highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lIiziU5EYNddxL
Free to view on youtube otherwise it's on Sky f1 channel live if you
subscribe.
Oops wrong thread! sorry! To the best of my knowledge F2 is only available through Sky in the UK.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 22:02 (Ref:4102991)   #5
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You can get the Sky F1 Channel streaming on NOW.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 07:34 (Ref:4104595)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmm not sure interest warrants individual round threads?

However the first two rounds have thrown up some very interesting and in some cases unexpected form.

Lawson is unlucky not to have a commanding points lead after the pit stop wheel failure yesterday but looks strong.

Pourchaire has had terrible misfortune so far. I suspect when he gets rid of the teams black cats he will be regularly contending for wins.

Doohan has puzzled me. Seems genuinely quick but in both meetings so far has caused a big problem and blamed someone else both times.

Hitech could be the dark horses, Armstrong and Vips have both been mega fast at points of the races but need consistency.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 17:55 (Ref:4104815)   #7
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Hmm not sure interest warrants individual round threads?

However the first two rounds have thrown up some very interesting and in some cases unexpected form.

Lawson is unlucky not to have a commanding points lead after the pit stop wheel failure yesterday but looks strong.

Pourchaire has had terrible misfortune so far. I suspect when he gets rid of the teams black cats he will be regularly contending for wins.

Doohan has puzzled me. Seems genuinely quick but in both meetings so far has caused a big problem and blamed someone else both times.

Hitech could be the dark horses, Armstrong and Vips have both been mega fast at points of the races but need consistency.
Yeah, Lawson and Pourchaire have both had bad luck so far, and Lawson especially looks the class of the field (admittedly, only 2 rounds in).

Doohan and Hauger have been puzzling I think, not what I expected, but then again, the sophomore drivers seem particularly good this year, so the rookies may struggle a bit more, relatively speaking.

Drugovich is bang on form after his return to MP Motorsport - hypothetically, if he carries on his form and took the title, it'd be difficult to see where he'd slot into F1, whereas Lawson, Pourchaire, Vips and plenty of others would appear to have a guaranteed seat if they won the F2 title.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 21:14 (Ref:4104841)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yes very good point about Drugovich!

It would be a similar story to the likes of Valsecchi, Leimer, Filippi and guys like that?

Decent enough but were not considered mega level by anyone in F1, even having seen off strong (stronger?) rivals for their titles
Old 28 May 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4111646)   #9
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drugovich is having a day out. Hit on lap 1 - Puncture, pits for wets, doesn't rain, pits for slicks/to retire?, gets a pitlane speeding penalty and then rejoins about 5 laps down on wets again (its still dry). LOL now a 5 second penalty. Still running around on the wets 5 laps down(its not raining)
Old 2 Jun 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4112504)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Strange season.

Drugovich looks like he's doing a Leimer or Maldonado in that it's taken him a few years to get fully up and running.

A few guys have had really tricky seasons. The 2nd year Red Bull guys have been very unfortunate with reliability but their speed had been clear to see.

I still think if Lawson can string a couple of winning weekends together he will charge to the title.

Having said that there are at least a dozen quality pedallers taking points off each other from one race to the next!
Old 2 Jun 2022, 11:44 (Ref:4112535)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drugovich was 16th in F3 in 2019, then won 3 races in F2 in rookie season - most likely the reverse grid races?
Disappeared in 2021, now came back with a bang so far this season. Only 22, is there an F1 driver from Brazil ATM?
Old 10 Jun 2022, 18:54 (Ref:4114076)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drugovich looks set to suffer from the Marc Hynes syndrome of achieving success but not being on the F1 radar. Maybe I like a bit of an underdog, but in an era of young drivers being groomed and professional so early, it's nice when someone who took a bit longer to make everything click gets a chance.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 22:19 (Ref:4114111)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Drugovich looks set to suffer from the Marc Hynes syndrome of achieving success but not being on the F1 radar. Maybe I like a bit of an underdog, but in an era of young drivers being groomed and professional so early, it's nice when someone who took a bit longer to make everything click gets a chance.
Good post...

I quite like that aspect of drivers journeys too.

I was chuffed when the likes of McNish and Barbazza hot their chances in F1. Both drivers who were hotshoes earlier in their careers but had various obstacles along the way which set their progression back.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 04:58 (Ref:4115283)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Crikey after another topsy turvy weekend Drugovich has nearly twice the points of the 2nd place driver despite not having a spectacular weekend.

Yet again several guys didn't nail down a consistent 2 races, and some were just unfortunate with contact.

However what frustrated me was the amount of cautions that were caused by rubbish driving from a lot of the backmarkers.
Old 15 Jun 2022, 19:56 (Ref:4115798)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Felipe Drugovich 132
Theo Pourchaire 83
Jehan Daruvala 73
Logan Sargeant 59
Marcus Armstrong 55
Dennis Hauger 55
Juri Vips 51
Enzo Fittipaldi 50
Jack Doohan 45
Liam Lawson 44
Old 21 Jun 2022, 19:29 (Ref:4116569)   #16
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vips has been suspended with immediate effect by Red Bull for... Well, being an idiot while playing a game online and streaming it.

Lawson could be in trouble too.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4116570)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Vips has been suspended with immediate effect by Red Bull for... Well, being an idiot while playing a game online and streaming it.

Lawson could be in trouble too.

??

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/re...slur/10326450/
Old 21 Jun 2022, 20:32 (Ref:4116580)   #18
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Red Bull will probably drop him but ultimately he will be fine. Mazepin still got to F1, Ticktum & Larson got second chances. Talent trumps all and VIPS has talent.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 21:35 (Ref:4116587)   #19
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Red Bull will probably drop him but ultimately he will be fine. Mazepin still got to F1, Ticktum & Larson got second chances. Talent trumps all and VIPS has talent.
Vips obviously has some talent, but like many F1 academy drivers currently, his junior formula results haven't been spectacular.

He hasn't been doing enough so far to get an F1 drive, and I think this puts the nail in the coffin of his F1 dreams.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4117350)   #20
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's over for Vips (with Red Bull, anyway):

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/re...tion/10329703/
Old 3 Jul 2022, 09:21 (Ref:4117884)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's been rather disappointing this year, with quite a few mistakes and not enough results, so that combined with the comments have probably put paid to F1. I want to see Drugovich in F1!
Old 5 Aug 2022, 15:16 (Ref:4121902)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Hungary:
  • 1. BRA Felipe Drugovich (MP), 180 pts
  • 2. FRA Théo Pourchaire (ART), 159
  • 3. USA Logan Sargeant (Carlin), 119
  • 4. BRA Enzo Fittipaldi (Charouz), 100
  • 5. IND Jehan Daruvala (Prema), 94
  • 6. DEN Frederik Vesti (ART), 91
  • 7. JPN Ayumu Iwasa (DAMS), 90
  • 8. NZL Liam Lawson (Carlin), 88
  • 8. AUS Jack Doohan (Virtuosi), 88
  • 10. EST Jüri Vips (Hitech), 85
Next round is on August 27-28 at Spa-Francorchamps
Old 28 Aug 2022, 08:44 (Ref:4123939)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quality performance from Lawson yesterday. Didn't realise he'd done an FP1 with AT on Friday either!

Drugovic just keeps racking up points while those around him continually mess up or have problems.

I know he was on fresh rubber after the SC but still some guys left the door wide open for him!

He needed to have a really horrible weekend for any chance of anyone else to challenge for fhe title now.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 06:16 (Ref:4124102)   #24
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Quality performance from Lawson yesterday. Didn't realise he'd done an FP1 with AT on Friday either!
Yep. 14 laps on the hards, didn't do anything stupid, said he was still exploring the massive aero grip. Pity he didn't get any running on the softs due to the weather. A bit more seat time with even more grip would have been nice.

I thought on his F2 results this year, dogged with a lot of mechanical issues, his future with Red Bull may have been on the line but it appears they like what they see when he is not compromised by the car.

Hope the next rounds go well or him. F2 title chances are long gone!
Old 1 Sep 2022, 17:01 (Ref:4124484)   #25
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pourchaire absolutely devastated after loss of power at the beginning of the feature race in Spa, I was really hoping we would have a fight at the top of the championship towards the end of the season.