Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 7 Sep 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4175518)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which Silverstone, the HSCC Finals or MRL?
Old 7 Sep 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4175523)   #102
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I presume you will be coming??
Regrettably, if this weather persists I might have to give Croix a miss this weekend - it is just too hot for me.

Croix sits in a bowl & simply sokes up the sun & there is very little shade. With the temperature currently in the low 30's it is just too much.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 18:03 (Ref:4175567)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I understand, John. We can't breathe either here, even in the forests near Paris. You've to wait till 2 AM to have an acceptable outside temp. Stay safe.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4175599)   #104
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Which Silverstone, the HSCC Finals or MRL?
HSCC Peter
Old 7 Sep 2023, 20:28 (Ref:4175600)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Understood. Thanks.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4177004)   #106
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Great news. I don't know Jerez but you've a nice set of great tracks scheduled.
I really enjoyed Jerez when we were there with the FJs 10 years ago. Pretty hot of course, and quite an abrasive surface on tyres if i remember correctly. Like so many tracks, it turns out to be bit more undulating than it looks on tv.

Delta and I ran a lap on foot one evening .... which i won after a sprint finish ... that wouldn't happen now!

I love southern Spain anyway, spent a year down there as a Student at Cordoba University ... thing is the students went on strike about 2 months in, the faculty closed for the rest of the year ... so I had a fabulous but alternative, non-academic, education for the rest of my time!
Old 17 Sep 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4177021)   #107
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit like one of my sons; he was supposed to spend a year in a Tokyo university, but he failed to attend one lecture and not many classes either. Instead, he spent his time working for the Japanese company that he worked for in London on weekends and holidays. Plus a lot of time with his Japanese girlfriend who later became his wife.

When he returned to Durham uni, they debated whether he should be sent down because of his Tokyo absences, but didn't. That didn't stop his ways, though; he spent the year, his last of the course, mostly in bed with a British female fellow student attending very few classes and lectures. In fact, according to his tutor who I spoke to on graduation day, on the day of his oral (Japanese) exam, he failed to turn up at the appointed time because he and the girl spent most of the day in bed and he eventually arrived just as the tutor had he coat on and was going home for the day. Somehow he managed to convince her, in Japanese, to be lenient and conduct the exam.

I was amazed that he ended up with a first, especially as his twin brother worked really hard to get his 1st in Economics at Bath. And now that son doesn't use any knowledge gained in uni, whilst his brother is probably going to spend the rest of his career in Japan.
Closed Thread