Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4138552)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's another one from Ireland: Pogue Mahone.
Old 6 Jan 2023, 03:54 (Ref:4139070)   #52
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
One of my customers used to work on the cardiology unit at a local hospital and she would get the ECG done for me for free. I remember the first time that I went she was staring at the screen in disbelief ! and I asked her if there was something wrong ?
She explained that she had worked in the cardiology department for years, and the majority of the time she tested people that were actually ill and was surprised to see a perfectly normal result
We have (like a lot of people) a blood pressure tester at home that my wife uses every day and is annoyed when I try it, as it reads just the same as 30 years ago 120 over 72
120/73.Close enough Gordon.lol.
Old 6 Jan 2023, 09:55 (Ref:4139081)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Must be all that Larkins
Old 10 Jan 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4139585)   #54
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be careful out there!

If you have an ECG of any type. Be very careful who gets to know about it.
The first one I ever had was for an Int C license and done by the local Cardiology Dept who, even though it was normal, put the fact on my medical records. The DVLA immediately suspended my HGV License.
It took a barrage of phone calls and unanswered letters before it was re-instated 3 weeks later.
The DVLA simply assumed that as I had undergone what it termed an "Investigation" There must be something wrong with me. I believe my licence
was re-instated without any reference to the doctors involved and know without the courtesy of an apology.
If I'd had a proper job at the time it could have been a big problem.

Last edited by Robert Farrell; 10 Jan 2023 at 16:06. Reason: Spellig
Old 10 Jan 2023, 20:16 (Ref:4139632)   #55
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
If you have an ECG of any type. Be very careful who gets to know about it.
The first one I ever had was for an Int C license and done by the local Cardiology Dept who, even though it was normal, put the fact on my medical records. The DVLA immediately suspended my HGV License.
It took a barrage of phone calls and unanswered letters before it was re-instated 3 weeks later.
The DVLA simply assumed that as I had undergone what it termed an "Investigation" There must be something wrong with me. I believe my licence
was re-instated without any reference to the doctors involved and know without the courtesy of an apology.
If I'd had a proper job at the time it could have been a big problem.
Yes Robert, When I tell the HGV D 4 Medical people I have had a stressed ECG they immediately go into panic mode.