Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 10 Apr 2002, 09:38 (Ref:256223)   #1
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS and the Celebrity Race at the AGP

I was just reading an article in Motor magazine regarding the AGP celebrity race. And I am amazed that someone would be silly enough to write what is in the article. The Journilist (I use that term loosly) said that on the Fridya night before qualifiying that Ben Darke and Scott Cam where out drinking until the small hours and that Ben Darke was nursing a hang over on Saturday. CAMS gives these fools a GC Licence (WHich makes the effort we put in to get a GC Licence look pretty stupid)and I wonder do they have to pass the medical because there would be know way that Dawn Fraser would have passed. But I know at race meetings in the past I have been breath tested on the dummy grid so why not these people at there first race. It really annoys me that there is one rule for us and one for them.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 12:10 (Ref:272269)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CAMS probably feel quite comfortable doing this because they don't think anyone would dare challenge them and they're probably right. The only people who care are their members and we don't want to be blacklisted.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 12:33 (Ref:272281)   #3
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Wakefield Park today and saw Bo Seton driving a Capri with a P plate on the back!
What is wrong with CAMS that they give licences to peanuts and make it hard on those who have already proved themselves
Old 3 May 2002, 12:39 (Ref:277440)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tonight i for some reason watched Whose House Is It Anyway, and in it Katrina Warren said she now owned a Racing License.
Old 4 May 2002, 12:18 (Ref:278325)   #5
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
I was at Wakefield Park today and saw Bo Seton driving a Capri with a P plate on the back!
What is wrong with CAMS that they give licences to peanuts and make it hard on those who have already proved themselves
Did you ever hear the one about the driver who wanted to do the James Hardie 12 hour at Bathurst but hadn't raced in 20 years. Luckly his friend was the Member for Broadwater and a racer himself, who wrote to the CAMS President of the day (A Large man if memory serves me correctly) who then obliged by issuing not just a General Competition Licence but a International Licence.

Last edited by Amaroo Park; 4 May 2002 at 12:20.