Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Apr 2002, 03:44 (Ref:259536)   #1
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan still whinging - before the race!!!!!!

Quote:
Juan Pablo Montoya has spoken to race director Charlie Whiting about the incident at the Brazilian Grand Prix where World Champion Michael Schumacher clipped his wing, effectively ending the Colombian's race.

It is just for the future. The thing should be revised - what is blocking and what is not blocking? Because you describe blocking as when you protect your line not when you take somebody's wing off," added the Colombian.

But Montoya dismissed the suggestion that he would now be ready to use the same tactics as Schumacher, whom he strongly criticised after the incident.

"If you see someone steal a car would you go and steal a car because someone else got away with it? I wouldn't," said Montoya. "I believe you want to win but you want to win fairly I don't want to get home and say I won because I pushed that guy off. I want to say I won because I was the quickest".
I think JPM really needs to take a look at the incident again. Michael did not chop across and cut off his wing!!! Michael defended his line aggressively and Montoyas wing was still fine when Michael had completed the move. JPM was behind Michael with his wing still 100% intact. Then he got sucked in by the slipstream and his wing flew off. JPM should grab a tape of Spa 2000 and watch how Mika reacted to Michaels agressive manouvers (which were at higher speeds!!! and hence would have required quicker reactions). Mika didnt spend the next two weeks complaining about that to the press. Gosh, even Patrick Head has said JPM was impatient!! In a poll at Planet-f1, over 70% said that Montoya had no one to blame but himself!! Montoya should stop trying to stir the press and get back to racing. I think its already affected him this week. 4th in quals behind ralf.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 04:10 (Ref:259545)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: Juan still whinging - before the race!!!!!!

Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
In a poll at Planet-f1, over 70% said that Montoya had no one to blame but himself!!
Well with all due respect to Planet-F1, I would'nt go to the bank with that statistic anymore than I would about a Michael Schumacher poll here.

I agree with you, Juan has himself to blame. BUT, and its a big but, I doubt this story is even true. The media talk alot of cr@p lately, and stirring the Schumacher v Montoya pot gets attention, as seen here recently. In all the interviews seen recently, it would appear the two people least thinking about Brazil, is Michael and Juan themselves.

These 2 are pro's, and will just get on with it. As should we.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 04:29 (Ref:259553)   #3
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I believe you want to win but you want to win fairly I don't want to get home and say I won because I pushed that guy off."
WDC ´94 comes to my mind...

"I want to say I won because I was the quickest".
That´s my boy !

Go Juan Go !!!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 04:50 (Ref:259558)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I put odds of 2/1 that this will turn into another of those threads

Frankly, the media is being its usually sensationalist self and trying to cause a rift between two drivers who, although they probably don't really care for each other, certainly don't dislike each other as much as the media tends to report.

JPM has got on with the job this weekend. Simple as that.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 05:04 (Ref:259561)   #5
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I want to say I won because I was the quickest". by JPM.

Definitely!! but you have to be the quickest most of the laps, not the 1st lap only and you have to have patience in overtaking, you can't win by talking too much and banging on the rear of the World Champion!

Last edited by f1grandprixshop; 14 Apr 2002 at 05:05.

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 14 Apr 2002, 07:13 (Ref:259585)   #6
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The media talk alot of **** lately, and stirring the Schumacher v Montoya pot gets attention, as seen here recently. In all the interviews seen recently, it would appear the two people least thinking about Brazil, is Michael and Juan themselves.
Um, but these are direct quotes from Montoya. If JPM really does want to stop all the press hype, why does he keep adding fuel to the fire.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 08:06 (Ref:259607)   #7
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right or wrong, It's quite justified that he is angry. I mean...it doesnt really matter who is at fault in Brazil, but that JPM is just furious that he came out worse in that incident.

Truthfully, he should just start to get on with the job and stop fuelling the press to cause more debate in the media. It won't do him, nor anyone any good.The press can really blow things out of proportion, and he is providing the twigs to keep the fire burning. I really just prefer drivers who do most of their talkings on the race track, and not out to devalue others.
So should JPM just shut up and not say a thing at all?? NO! We get most of our infos from press...if he keep quiet..we would be so bored. If JPM find something unfair happens, he can voice it out in the press conference, to the FIA, and to the media post-race...to notify everyone...but that's it, not go about saying the same things "he is unfair, i am the good guy" for a few weeks in every given opportunity...because the more he moans...the more it would make people question the motive of his quotes.

So what about Brazil? A hard racing accident...nothing more, no rights no wrongs.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 08:32 (Ref:259630)   #8
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it amazes me how a driver cannot say a single thing against the almighty god TFG, and not be dragged over the coals by the TFG disciples on this forum.
the guy was hard done by and is just stating his opinion.
got it?????????
Old 14 Apr 2002, 08:52 (Ref:259652)   #9
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it's a good sign that Montoya had a talk with Whiting about this. (I assume he had this conversation on friday or saturday).

He doesn't have to change his opinion to match with what the others say.
But by having talks like this he is learning a lot about how others view the incident, how race directors act or react, and how each of the other drivers act and react in situations like this.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 10:49 (Ref:259762)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote Calais:"it amazes me how a driver cannot say a single thing against the almighty god TFG,"

Hope you didn't misinterprete my post...

I am saying...JPM should NOT shut up...but talk to the press AND authorities about the problems...

He should really say it...not keep mum about it...even if it is against MS...but he should also know when he had said enough and stop.

Hope that clears things up...
Old 14 Apr 2002, 11:01 (Ref:259780)   #11
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT R, i wasnt refering to your post, just a few other TFG worshipers!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 11:16 (Ref:259800)   #12
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R

He should really say it...not keep mum about it...even if it is against MS...but he should also know when he had said enough and stop.

Exactly!! with some stress to the last phrase.

Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:12 (Ref:259862)   #13
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least he ain't as bad as TGF
Old 14 Apr 2002, 13:12 (Ref:259908)   #14
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

hehe TGF just doesn't know how to stop....

...stop winning!

Old 14 Apr 2002, 14:22 (Ref:260009)   #15
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was quite right to talk to Whiting about it. He has a reasonable point of view, and there's a larger principle here that has nothing to do with who was at fault on the first lap of the last race. Not whining at all.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 15:11 (Ref:260112)   #16
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 weeks and he's still crying about an incident that was clearly his fault.

God, its like this guy is following DC's example. Just get over it. Quit whining, quit crying. Just drive the car.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 15:17 (Ref:260118)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agre with eatapc on this one, exactly how was this whinging?

He's not complaining, merely asking for clarification from the Chief Steward. Please explain to me why that is wrong.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 15:26 (Ref:260129)   #18
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he's talking about Brazil, I don't think he has a case and I'd call it whinging... If he's talking about Malaysia..well..it's getting a little old...

If he just means the general favortism that TGF receives, he definately has a case. Sadly, I don't think he will get away with it, and is likely just hurting his chances even more.

If he's not careful, he may find himself in more trouble with the FIA... I remember in 1997 Jacques made a few not so nice comments about the FIA and that combined with a number of other silly things (not staying close enough to the safety car, not slowing down enough for red flags) meant he was on probation for most of the season.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 14 Apr 2002, 15:51 (Ref:260159)   #19
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He asked for a clarification of the rules because of the seemingly inconsistent interpretations from race to race. He's not the only driver asking for that. (And aren't we all asking for it also?) Here are some quotes from the news story; tell me where it sounds like whining: "I had a chat with Charlie and I explained my point of view and he kind of agreed with what I said and he said he was going to look at it. ... It is just for the future. The thing should be revised - what is blocking and what is not blocking?"

Mr. Max has made it known that he doesn't appreciate drivers airing their gripes directly to the press. Going to Whiting with the gripe was the proper thing to do. When he was questioned by the press, he was pretty level headed about it. What you have to understand is that the press asks the drivers how they feel about these incidents, so its not necessarily the drivers who bring these things up week after week.

Last edited by eatapc; 14 Apr 2002 at 15:54.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 15:54 (Ref:260161)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan is doing nothing wrong there.

We all want the rules to be clear so everyone knows where they stand .
Old 14 Apr 2002, 23:13 (Ref:260441)   #21
Mania
Veteran

He's been around long enough to know the rules. But anyway, giving him the benefit of the doubt, there is no further reasons for him continue whining and sulking over what is now history. He should get on with it - instead of following DC's example as F1's premier whiner.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 22:48 (Ref:261571)   #22
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
it amazes me how a driver cannot say a single thing against the almighty god TFG, and not be dragged over the coals by the TFG disciples on this forum.
the guy was hard done by and is just stating his opinion.
got it?????????
You have got to be kidding. The most traffic on this website is trashing MS, and getting drug through worse than coals. Look where the hits are right now on the various threads i.e., give me your car or I'll scream.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 00:20 (Ref:261605)   #23
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But of course if it was Shu that was moanin', that would be OK.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 00:25 (Ref:261609)   #24
Mania
Veteran

When Schumacher moans there isent a lack of people on this forum to pounce on him for it. The only troubling part is that the rest of time as well, there are people who are always waiting to take cheap shots at him. That part - in my book - is just sour grapes on the part of some of my distinguished fellow posters.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 00:40 (Ref:261623)   #25
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by J.McClane
But of course if it was Shu that was moanin', that would be OK.
I don't like any driver whining or moaning, including Michael Schumacher. Michael primary does his talking on the track with, poles, fastest laps, wins, and the records.

I am not sure I would be concerned about the balance of people trashing other drivers versus what MS receives. Look at the threads, and which ones get the heavy responses i.e., Michael this, Michael that, Ferrari cheats. Give it a rest.