Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jun 2003, 18:53 (Ref:630793)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Wet tyres?

Why are the Bridgestone inters a lot better in the seemingly horrendous conditions in Canada this weekend?

At Brazil, the Michelins were the best in the full wet conditions and when the track started drying the Bridgestone teams sped up.

Why is the reverse happening here?
Old 13 Jun 2003, 19:04 (Ref:630810)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the conditions are that horendous actually, at least judging by what's outside the window and forcasts I'm getting here... I think the tires they're using just aren't up to it.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 13 Jun 2003, 19:14 (Ref:630827)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, I take that back it's raining harder now, albeit after quali... That said, I remember being at the Toronto Molson Indy qualis a few years back, and it was raining much harder and they didn't have any problems..and F1 cars are generally better than Cart ones in the rain... That said, neither series machines are designed for water.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes