Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:35 (Ref:734215)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa IN/Heidfeld OUT........ confirmed

Just read on f1-live.com that Massa has been confirmed for 2004!!

well any thoughts on NICKS future?? What will MASSA's role be at Ferrari after this race experience?? Will Sauber become the 'second Ferrari'??

Ofcourse this probably means MS is staying for 2004 because if there was a doubt Ferrari would have kept him......

Last edited by ralf fan; 29 Sep 2003 at 15:37.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:36 (Ref:734220)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And hopefully,Nick joins Ferrari as test driver?

Or should he replace DC in Mclaren at least as a stop gap till Montoya comes?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 16:27 (Ref:734296)   #3
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld to Jag! Wilson to CART or friday tester.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 Sep 2003, 16:40 (Ref:734317)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter Sauber has thanked his drivers for their excellent performances yesterday, by dropping them BOTH!

So, yes, I believe Massa and Fisichella will be driving Saubers next year. Allegedly competing for a potential No 2 seat at Ferrari the year after. I also believe Eddie Jordan is interested in Heidfeld's services. Dunno where HHF is going - anyone?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 16:43 (Ref:734323)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HHF said that he was looking for test role or maybe he might retire all together, HHF has allegedly said that he doesnt want to race in f1! Well all i can say is that the podium was a good send off!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 17:09 (Ref:734353)   #6
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news about Massa, i know i could well be on my own here but i do think he is the best of the next generation.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 19:18 (Ref:734508)   #7
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Peter Sauber has thanked his drivers for their excellent performances yesterday, by dropping them BOTH!
Now that's gratitude for you. :confused:
Old 29 Sep 2003, 19:31 (Ref:734522)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...29114140.shtml

Has Massa actually been confirmed yet, or just that Heidfeld has been dropped.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 21:04 (Ref:734593)   #9
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May be HHF will go to the DTM?

Has Heidfeld still got some sort of Mercedes contract or has that past by now?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 21:21 (Ref:734609)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Heidfeld is no longer under Mercedes contract. They let the option lapse a month or so ago. IIRC.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 21:52 (Ref:734624)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure from that article as to how official it is that Massa is in, but I expect it to happen. I'm sure Micahel will stick around for another year.

I really hope Peter hasn't been pressured by Ferrari to choose this lineup. Massa flunked once, but perhaps he's learnt a lot more. He has more potential than Heidfeld, Frentzen can't improve anymore, and Fisichella could be ideal to teach him (especially bearing the more simialr temperaments in mind), but it seems risky.

I'm sure both decisions were made clear to the drivers long before yesterday, and that the team was going to publicise it today anyway. We were all taking it as read that both would be gone by July.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 22:01 (Ref:734635)   #12
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt Sauber was pressured. If anything he is probably getting a driver on the cheap as well as possibly getting a break on his engine deal. Hopefully Massa has learned to keep the car on the road.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 Sep 2003, 22:44 (Ref:734664)   #13
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here we go:

1.) Michael Schumacher has already renewed his contract with Ferrari through the 2006 season, and for the time being he is widely expected to fulfill these arrangements, even though some "sources" doubt it;

2.) Esorniloc, the rumours of Frentzen going to DTM have been quite strong in Germany for a while - actually even before Alesi took this path - and this is indeed a possibility. And the always well-informed Adam Ashmore is right: Mercedes no longer has Nick Heidfeld under its wings.

3.) One of the strongest gossips in the Formula 1 paddock has been linking Heidfeld and Jordan for the next year. In several recent instances Eddie Jordan has been quite voiceful on praises to Heidfeld, and he would be a more than adequate replacement to the departing Fisichella. However, Heidfeld seems not to rate the Jordan team very highly, and he has recently stated to the Autosport magazine that "I would not bet my own money on having myself in Formula 1 next year". That would be a shame, as Heidfeld is in my opinion one of the most talented drivers in the circus. And as Gt_R said above, if I were Ron Dennis I would kick the sleep-inducing and forever overrated David Coulthard (that I unkindly call "the Scottish Barrichello") out and bring Heidlfeld in!

4.) Massa flunking? Unable to keep the car on the road? Well, I think I have not been watching the same races as Enemy-ace and BootsOnTheSide. Maybe I missed the grand prix that he was this disappointing.

Heidfeld to stay!

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 29 Sep 2003, 22:48 (Ref:734666)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly preferred Heidfeld (and Heinz) to Massa. But I'm not Peter Sauber.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:06 (Ref:734706)   #15
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heidfeld beat Massa before, what could have have proved that would have saved his seat. The way Sauber made his statement about HHF and NH was ludicris. He made it sound like he had to replace the drivers because they were slow. What a pile.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:10 (Ref:734710)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
[B]And the always well-informed Adam Ashmore is right: Mercedes no longer has Nick Heidfeld under its wings.

"I would not bet my own money on having myself in Formula 1 next year". That would be a shame, as Heidfeld is in my opinion one of the most talented drivers in the circus. And as Gt_R said above, if I were Ron Dennis I would kick the sleep-inducing and forever overrated David Coulthard (that I unkindly call "the Scottish Barrichello") out and bring Heidlfeld in!

Heidfeld to stay!
It’s a shame that Mercedes have let Heidfeld’s contract run out, but perhaps that will be a good thing for Nick as now he won’t have to worry about what Mercedes want in return from him. But I find it strange that they back him all the way into F1 then don’t do anything with him.

Nick going to Jordan will just be a sideways move on the grid as Sauber have not been competitive most of the season, and have usually only beaten Jordan and Minardi. There is a chance Nick could end up at Jaguar, as it appears they want a German driver, but he’d only be number two to mighty Mark.

Nick is a gifted driver who deserves to be on the grid, but fate appears to be against him now. Perhaps he can pick a ride up somewhere else…

As for HHF, he’s hanging up the racing gloves.

Last edited by f1manoz; 30 Sep 2003 at 00:11.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 01:08 (Ref:734723)   #17
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So nick is gone in favour of Sauber wanting results and they have got Massa what a joke !
Really this could be could for Nick if he lands a spot in Jaguar cleary a better team than Sauber . Sure he will be 2nd to Mark but he wouldn't beat Mark anyway
Mark & Nick at Jagaur would be the final thing the team needs to take it to Renault but what of Wilson?
Old 30 Sep 2003, 02:37 (Ref:734776)   #18
schiattarella
Rookie

schiattarella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
massa is quick and should be interesting to watch...again... but the move is probably has a lot to do with Ferrari and cheap motors
Old 30 Sep 2003, 02:51 (Ref:734784)   #19
The Lounge King
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
The Lounge King should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Massa will be quick. He had his messy year in 02, and after a year tyre testing, I think he will be toilet trained.

Be honest, can you think of a more highly motivated driver combination than Massa and Fisi? A seat in a Ferrari just in time to replace MS as their number 1.

I think Heidfeld has been wrongfully tarnished by McClaren picking Kimi over him. That would be a driver combination to rival Sauber's. Kimi and Heidfeld part 2, Nick would do everything to prove Ron Dennis wrong.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 09:33 (Ref:735074)   #20
Brandy_snap
Racer

Brandy_snap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope that Ferrari testing will have paid off... that sauber will be a bit different than the Ferrari! I don't think they should have got rid of Nick though, but I can't undo whats been done, so Nick to McLaren!!!

Alonso for 2004 WDC! - perhaps not
Old 30 Sep 2003, 09:40 (Ref:735082)   #21
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange, maybe this is Ferrari influence talking. Remember they are hiring the guy they "fired" again.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 10:06 (Ref:735122)   #22
cntmunky
Rookie

cntmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Heidfeld/Jordon rumours were about when Eddie was wanting Merc engines and gearboxes next year. However, looks like the Ford contract is too strong, and as Heidfeld is no longer a Merc driver it wouldnt get him any brownie points.

Hope Fisi blows Massa into the weeds. He is the most under-rated driver out there. Should be in a Ferari, McLaren, Williams, rather than Rubens, DC, Ralf (depending on the day as Ralf is hot and cold).