Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Jun 2005, 07:45 (Ref:1322099)   #1
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loton Park

Weather looks promising for this weekend, lots of drivers and cars showing good speed recently (4 records fell at Shelsley last weekend), and I understand Ecurie Fleetwood will be at Loton as well. Here's hoping Adam has better luck than last time.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1322323)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not certain yet whether I'll be there, but it's looking more likely than not (wahaay, two extra days over my original season's plan!)

I'm concerned that the Saturday pig-roast could constitute an excessively large pork pie and therefore extra marshals may be needed.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1323075)   #3
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We could get away with it Woolley - no pastry involved in the pig roast and its outside of competitive hours. See everyone there - dont wake the rescue crew unlike last weekend at Shelsley!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1323426)   #4
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much does it cost to get into Loton Park as a spectator.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1323451)   #5
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£10 on Sunday, £5 on Saturday.

Paul
Old 13 Jun 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1327228)   #6
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on who came where?
Old 13 Jun 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1327307)   #7
Paul Ranson
Racer

Results at http://www.hdlcc.com/downloads/2005/Results/120605.pdf and there's a report on top12runoff.

Paul
Old 13 Jun 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1327343)   #8
Paul Ranson
Racer

Plus some good photos at http://www.2t4t.co.uk

Paul
Old 13 Jun 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1327485)   #9
Slapper
Rookie

England
Banjo country
Slapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that Roy Lane has bought the Fleetwood Gould. I look forward to seeing Roy back driving again.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1327543)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really? I hadn't heard that. Nice to see Roy at the week=end, though.

Great meeting - loads of personal bests and a really tight run off. There were some very happy drives all around.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1327585)   #11
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapper
I understand that Roy Lane has bought the Fleetwood Gould. I look forward to seeing Roy back driving again.
Must have dropped in price most considerably then.
Can't see that myself.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1327622)   #12
Paul Ranson
Racer

You can't see the price dropping, or you can't see Roy buying, or you can't see Roy driving?

AFAIK the price dropped and Roy bought. The 'For Sale' signs came down Sunday lunchtime and Roger F didn't take his afternoon run.

Paul
Old 13 Jun 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1327806)   #13
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for that snippet Paul.
Lets hope he will be well enough to pedal it himself.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1327825)   #14
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
You can't see the price dropping, or you can't see Roy buying, or you can't see Roy driving?

AFAIK the price dropped and Roy bought. The 'For Sale' signs came down Sunday lunchtime and Roger F didn't take his afternoon run.

Paul
nice to read posts from at least ONE person who actually KNOWS what they are talking about.

Thx Paul.

p.s. "can't see Roy driving???" I would never want to see that day, no offense to all others.

Sorry Paul (hence the edit) Have forgotten to congratulate you on your season so far. Well done mate.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1327840)   #15
Paul Ranson
Racer

Thanks.

It would be good to see Roy competing again, but it would be plain old interesting to see John Chalmers out in a competitive car. As long as he doesn't go too fast of course...

Paul
Old 14 Jun 2005, 01:10 (Ref:1327875)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
The most deserved man of the meeting ever to John Chalmers. We were trying to work out if that was the oldest car ever to qualify for a modern top 12 run off. Then someone asked when the last time a metal car qualified...

Stunning drive, and no fluke either. Qualified absolutely on merit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
The 'For Sale' signs came down Sunday lunchtime and Roger F didn't take his afternoon run.
Ah well, he did have two goes at his morning run...
Old 14 Jun 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1328023)   #17
Judd
Rookie

Judd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I qualified our metal MP58 in the two runoffs at Prescott at the end of last year - so not that long ago. But, it was quite a bit newer than John Chalmers car and had a fair bit more power. Stunning drive by John - he really looks so smooth and neat through the corners.

Actually where would you draw the line on metal cars - aren't the GR37s carbon over ali. honeycomb? And the MP72 is carbon cockpit surround with ali sides and floor. Could be here for days!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1328116)   #18
Paul Ranson
Racer

GR55 also has aluminium honeycomb cores.

Paul
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1328250)   #19
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
pilbeam buddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
judd
i think you will find all carbon cars have honeycomb in them,all f3 do for sure,so do many F1,s the advantage they have over ali tubbed cars are their
resistance to flex,so there torsional stiffnessis far greater,and the bonus is when you have a mishap you
just bolt new wishbones back on,not needing a new tub and the wishbones do not peirce the cockpit alla ali ones.so the safety aspect is much better.
regards pilbeam buddy
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1328263)   #20
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilbeam buddy
judd
i think you will find all carbon cars have honeycomb in them,all f3 do for sure,so do many F1,s the advantage they have over ali tubbed cars are their
resistance to flex,so there torsional stiffnessis far greater,and the bonus is when you have a mishap you
just bolt new wishbones back on,not needing a new tub and the wishbones do not peirce the cockpit alla ali ones.so the safety aspect is much better.
regards pilbeam buddy
Safety aspect definately much better as a Carbon Tub maintains its shape. However not so sure about piercing situation? Whilst a Carbon Tub can stand high loads over a large area...how would it stand up to this load over a small area? such as the end of a wishbone or other sharp objects...
Old 14 Jun 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1328400)   #21
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
A matter of design

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11iamm
Safety aspect definately much better as a Carbon Tub maintains its shape. However not so sure about piercing situation? Whilst a Carbon Tub can stand high loads over a large area...how would it stand up to this load over a small area? such as the end of a wishbone or other sharp objects...
It is a matter of design, for example lower wishbone pick-up points located beneth the tub so if a wishbone is forced inwards it just slides under the tub.
Also the arms in the wishbones are designed to deform when the impact is lateral. I have seen several Goulds suffer very bent wishbones due to side impacts on the wheels but no intrusion.

The ex-circuit cars like your Reynard are fully tested for such impacts and there should be a crash test certificate for the 913.

Old 14 Jun 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1328516)   #22
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Didn't he do well sunday. congrat's to john for a great weekend.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1328764)   #23
ranoff
Racer

ranoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals study Viz magazine shock

Enough serious stuff for a moment. I spotted the rescue crew (led by Santa) at Triangle reading the latest edition of Viz on Sunday. In fact there were quite studious expressions all round. I noticed that particular attention was being paid to the Profanisaurus, which is the dictionary of swearing. I should know, because I had already read my copy from cover to cover so recognised the page from my vantage point. I didn't think the rescue team needed any help in that area. Did anyone notice any more colourful language than usual over the weekend? If so, I think we know where it came from.

Woolley has already told me that if you can hear a driver cursing inside the helmet as you approach an incident you can be fairly certain that no serious injury has been suffered. Any views on this?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1328779)   #24
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rescue Crew and reading in the same paragraph? Schurley there musht be schum mishtake??
Isn't that why all the 'medical Journals' have lots of pictures!!!!

Cheers guys..................

Regards,

Jim Lamb

Ex 'White Van man'.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 00:26 (Ref:1328866)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoff
Woolley has already told me that if you can hear a driver cursing inside the helmet as you approach an incident you can be fairly certain that no serious injury has been suffered. Any views on this?
Absolutely. Normal condition, clearly. I sometimes think that helmets are specially designed to muffle the swearing noises!