Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Aug 2005, 07:17 (Ref:1389883)   #26
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
There was never any danger of Britain losing its Grand Prix.

There's an FIA rule that Britain, France and Italy must have a grand prix anyway
I would like to see that rule,never heard that before. Any rules can be changed anyway.I would like to see the Indy roval dropped first.If events are successful they should continue.There is plenty room for more,in the 60s F1 teams did about 25 races per year!
Old 24 Aug 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1389916)   #27
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Imola will go in the next few years, as might the Nurburgring but theyre easy targets really. Other than that, what are the chances of losing Canada?
Old 24 Aug 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1390003)   #28
mclaren_fanatic
Rookie

mclaren_fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see them adding more, they're trying to cut costs. I'd like to see Indy go and maybe Hockinheim
Old 24 Aug 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1390008)   #29
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but more races=more revenue=more to the teams(=more to bernie)
Old 24 Aug 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1390023)   #30
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cutting down on testing would be a much mroe cost-effective change than reducing the number of races. All the new venues have been well-chosen and have quickly attratced local popularity. I'd prefer to see the A1-Ring return in faovur of the Nurburgring, especially as Austria is likely to have an F1 driver for the forseeable future. Interlagos is probably safe through being the oly South American venue that's up to standard, and it does produce some excellent races. The Hungaroring will stay as long as it's the only race in Eastern Europe.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1390231)   #31
fazzaz
Racer

United States
Appalachia, USA
fazzaz has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
According to some people very close to the situation, there has been no decision made about a 2006 USGP at Indianapolis. IF there is one, expect that the contract between the Speedway and Bernie/FOM will be different than in 2005.

At this point there is no other US circuit willing and able to hold a GP on the terms Bernie usually requires. Something like a parking lot in Las Vegas is a possibility in theory, but does not seem likely.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1390270)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think Indy is safe for next year but prob not for 2007 - prob because it maybe bit expensive to sever an arrangement with FOM!!

Canada may finally go, esp if JV packs it in but then there may even be another North American race - perhaps a revised classic circuit. Depends on the American drivers coming in for marketing to justify promoters costs i'd guess.

Barcelona won't be going surely?! not whilst Spain's got a top line driver!! If anything there'll be another one added perhaps named Iberian GP? after all there's at leats 3 races in Spain in the Moto GP now so why not an extra round for F1?

Similarly i can't see one of the German rounds being dropped because of the all round interest from there nowadys - fans, drivers, manufacturers etc...

Another Japanese race - i'd agree with that possibility

Imola may be replace by Mugello?

Much really depends on which other Far East countries want to spend a lot of money with Bernie/his successor in order i would guess that Dubai, India, Korea will be asking question shortly (Doha is a top circuit!!)

Anyone know what's happened with the Mexico event? I'd say another South American race might be added again because all the manufacturers have a decent production and or marketing capacity in those countries...
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1390284)   #33
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
There are intermittent rumours that Argentina will reappear on the calendar. Mexico City is a possibility, especially if Mario Dominguez does end up at Midland. But where will drop out? Regrettably, two of the best tracks, Montreal and Spa, have a shaky grip on their place in the calendar, and, in this commercial age, neither really represents a significant market. Imola is looking distinctly second-rate these days (and has never been the same since 1994 anyway). But the numbers never really add up. In the past couple of years, we've had rumours about new GPs at - deep breath - Fuji, Mexico City, Buenos Aires (or elsewhere in Argentina), Long Beach, South Africa somewhere, Zandvoort, Moscow or St Petersburg, somewhere in north Africa, Lebanon, Bombay...
Old 24 Aug 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1390348)   #34
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well what about that new track that they are building in Cancun, Mexico? Isn't that slated to host an F1 race in a few years?

India is working on trying to get a track going near Hyderabad.

Basically, IMHO, any nation that has tobbaco advertising bans have their grand prixs on the chopping block. That basically means the US, Canada, and virtually all of Europe. Hungary isn't gonna go because that race is supported by the government.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1390360)   #35
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar7605
Basically, IMHO, any nation that has tobbaco advertising bans have their grand prixs on the chopping block. That basically means the US, Canada, and virtually all of Europe.
wow, that's just about the whole F1 target audience (other than a few billion Indians and a few million Brazilians).
-
Old 24 Aug 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1390365)   #36
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Countries banning tobacco advertising losing races was a fear a few years ago - I think it's more likely that we'll see an end to tobacco advertising than an end to those races now.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1390421)   #37
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure that the teams are trying to find other sponsorship, but after seeing too many races with cars that have those covered-up tobacco logos, it makes me wonder if the teams are seriously trying to get rid or tobacco sponsorship.

But this is a topic for another forum!
Old 25 Aug 2005, 01:06 (Ref:1390620)   #38
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Question remains though.

How long can F1 try and out-run the Tobacco laws.

Eventually no matter where they race in the world, the laws will catch up.

And they might alienate the existing fans by moving the racing away from Europe for only a short term money fix.

Long term strategic planning is crucial for F1 to survive, and the most proactive long term strategic planner in terms of F1 Sponsorship is Williams.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1390817)   #39
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Laguna Seca and Adelaide please Mr. E!
Old 25 Aug 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1390834)   #40
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Laguna Seca, I doubt it will ever happen even if the circuit could be brought to FIA-standards. For one, the circuit isnt simply long enough with its about 1:10 in a champcar. Now take about 5-9secs down from that and you are at f1 speeds over the thumb. Another thing coming to mind is that the circuit can only be used for 4 weekends each year due to noise pollution. As much as I´d love it too i don´t see it ever happen

For the 2 german GP´s . If there is only one GP in Germany it should be at Nurby. Hockenheim went into something sterile area after its rebuilt. Nurby still has up and downs, both circuits own one hairpin now. after all Nurby would attract me fairly more than flat,boring Hockenheim.

btw if you talking about Imola and Monza GP´s please keep in mind that Monza is the Italian GP and Imola the GP of San Marino, so we shouldnt talk about 2 italian gp´s even if they are held in the same country. I further think that both circuits should be kept in schedule because both are very different . On one hand the last high speed (with spa but for how long ?)circuit on the other a nice up&down circuit with changing types of asphalt even and not one fully black high grip line.

Old 25 Aug 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1390840)   #41
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It pains me to say it, as I miss the old Hockenheim, but the new track has provided better racing. The Nurburgring is also a good track and too many people pan it because it isn't the Nordschleife, which is slightly unfair.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1390962)   #42
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How bout we start the F1 season in Melbourne and it ends in November at Adelaide
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1390963)   #43
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the calendar is all right and if anything should be done is extend it to 20 or 22 races. Less (or no) testing and more racing.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1390984)   #44
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
How bout we start the F1 season in Melbourne and it ends in November at Adelaide

Australia is too small a population to merit two Grands Prix
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1391018)   #45
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but personally i think that you could have two successful GP's in Australia more then you could have two successful GP's in the US.

There are lots and lots of people in Australia interested in Formula 1 and motorsport as usual and I wouldn't mind seeing a Pacific GP that maybe rotated between Sepang, Japan, and Australia.

There has been talk that Sepangs long term place on the calender might be under some scrutiny.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 14:22 (Ref:1391038)   #46
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems to be mostly Aussies and Japanese in the crowd at Malaysia, in some cases they can go there cheaper than their own races, and the circuit is no classic, with only the Spa-esque unpredictable weather to really save it, so the idea of not racing there regularly is fine by me. Australia may be small in population, but it's geographically large and has a big F1 following, so I think it's one of the few ocuntries which could support 2 races a year, or certainly 3 in 2 years.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1391064)   #47
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Setting aside any political or historical significance i'd choose to loose Sepang, Hungaroring, Nurburgring, Magny Cours as I think the tracks are stale and boring.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1391069)   #48
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd personally like to lose, if any, Hungaroring, Sepang and Magny-Cours. Especially Hungary. Those tracks can only be desribed as boring. If they are to add any to the calender, Oulton Park fits the bill well!
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1391091)   #49
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as for the canadian gp, montreal may be axed but as long as there is a canadian owner i think it will stay. i suppose there is a possiblity that the race may move to toronto giving us another street course.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1391126)   #50
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
It seems to be mostly Aussies and Japanese in the crowd at Malaysia, in some cases they can go there cheaper than their own races, and the circuit is no classic, with only the Spa-esque unpredictable weather to really save it, so the idea of not racing there regularly is fine by me. Australia may be small in population, but it's geographically large and has a big F1 following, so I think it's one of the few ocuntries which could support 2 races a year, or certainly 3 in 2 years.

If Australia had 2 Grands Prix and Britain only one that would be totally outrageous.