Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jun 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1948295)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
2007 FIA European Touring Car Cup - Adria, 28 Oct 07

Quote:
The 2007 FIA European Touring Car Cup will now take place in Adria, Italy on 28 October.
Source: FIA

STCC and ADAC Procar: Last event on 30 September
BTCC and DTC: Last event on 14 October
RTCC (Russia): Last event on 16 September
PTCC (Portugal): Events on 7 October and 4 November
ITCC: There is a event at Misano on 28 October!!!!
WTCC: Events on 7 October (Italy) and 18 November (Macau)

Do the Finish and Baltic championships still exist?
Old 27 Jun 2007, 17:47 (Ref:1948297)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think this event will work ...WTCC teams won't go due to timings, because it's always held in Southern Europe the BTCC teams have expences issues ...
Old 27 Jun 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1948381)   #3
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets hope the WTCC teams won't go since the race is for drivers of European championships...

Holding the ETC Cup in Southern Europe is a must since all championships end so late and if we want some reasonable weather...

I think this sounds nice.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1948404)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh well, at least it's not a week after, though that ITCC clash is extremely odd - especially since I'd expect to see more of those than any other. Then again, the ITCC is extremely depleted this year and so maybe that's why they picked Adria - neutral ground for almost all of the other series.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1949046)   #5
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Do the Finish and Baltic championships still exist?
Yep. Last event for Finnish Super Touring championship and NEZ 2000 Cup is 16.9. at Alastaro, Finland.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1949088)   #6
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Holding the ETC Cup in Southern Europe is a must since all championships end so late and if we want some reasonable weather...
It would be workable, possibly a little rainy, but it would be doable.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1949174)   #7
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Yup, that worked great last year in sunny Portugal
Old 28 Jun 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1949211)   #8
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least the % of good weather is better in Italy or Portugal than running the race in the UK, Sweden, etc. in late October...
Old 29 Jun 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1949540)   #9
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

ETCCup should be held at Mo i Rana in December. All cars should be equipped with stud tyres... this would allow race promoter to search sponsors/tyre supliers outside the race tyre manufacturers - just imagine Hakka ETCCup presented by Nokian Tyres.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1949660)   #10
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wooh, cant even imagine the cars going through the flat out chickane at the back in 200km/h with studded tyres! That would just be crazy.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1955257)   #11
Fulvio
Rookie

Italy
Rovigo (Italy)
Fulvio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Oh well, at least it's not a week after, though that ITCC clash is extremely odd - especially since I'd expect to see more of those than any other.
Well, so you think there'll be less than 3 or 4 car at the Etcc Cup?

Last race at Mugello of the Itcc had a total of 5 S2000 cars, 4 BMWs and an Alfa Romeo. But 2 of the 4 BMWs are cars that raced in the ETCC which had been converted to S2000 regulations...

Here you can see the qualyfing results of the Mugello race

The rest of the field is formed by "24h Special" rules cars and Super Production cars.

In Vallelunga there were a total of 10 cars on track, five S2000s and five SuperPs.

Here you can see all the datas of the Vallelunga race

First race of the season, in Monza, there were 8 cars... five S2000 BMWs and 3 SP

Here you can see all the datas of the Monza race

Sad but true, the five drivers aren't even the same every race...

I'm curios to see how many cars are going to race this weekend in Porto, during the fourth event of the season, that will be togheter with the PTCC...
Old 10 Jul 2007, 17:00 (Ref:1959863)   #12
AxelF
Racer

AxelF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad....

In 1992 I was at a Touringcar-weekend in Misano.

I think, there were up to 200 cars of different classes, beginning with Nannini & Larini in Alfa 155 GTA (turbos i think), and a lot of M3s (Pirro, Maggiorelli, etc) and also a lot of S2000-Cars (Peugeot 405 with Gary Ayles, Giovanardi) and also Ford Sierra Cosworth, Lancia Delta Integrale.

Not to mention a lot of Clios, Minis, etc.

I thought, Italy was touring car heaven!!!!!! And the paddock was open, I could walk through it without a problem. Even the pits were easy to enter!

Man, I thought, that I should visit all races in Italy, but that was not possible as a 17 year old...

Christian
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1960064)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
This must have completely slipped by my radar.

What is this event and is it being televised?
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:41 (Ref:1960073)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Eurosport 1 or 2
Old 10 Jul 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1960164)   #15
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
This must have completely slipped by my radar.

What is this event and is it being televised?
Details of last years: http://www.fiaetcc.com

Until the site's updated
Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:20 (Ref:1998546)   #16
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The official site's now been updated.

Rules at a glance
  • Championships invited: Baltic States, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, UK (S2000 and Super Production)
  • Only S2000 and Super Production FIA compliant cars
  • Drivers permitted - must have driven in 50% of their national championship and not driven in the WTCC with a manufacturer team

The driver regulation's a bit ambiguous. Makes Giovanardi these hottest signing don't you think? Bring on those Vectra's!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1998547)   #17
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
  • Championships invited: Baltic States, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, UK (S2000 and Super Production)
  • Only S2000 and Super Production FIA compliant cars

The driver regulation's a bit ambiguous. Makes Giovanardi these hottest signing don't you think? Bring on those Vectra's!
Jason Plato? What about Andy - his car isn't run by Schnitzer!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1998555)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Andy Priaulx is a WTCC factory driver.
Schnitzer, RBM and ROAL are factory teams.

Would be great to see one or two Vectra's but I don't think they will take part.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1998556)   #19
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Jason Plato? What about Andy - his car isn't run by Schnitzer!
Schnitzer, RBM and ROAL are manufacturer teams though - I think they (and therefore Zanardi, as he's not in his home championship either this time) are out on that count.

That said - these rules don't seem to be very well followed. The sames rules were used last year, and I don't remember Emmet O'Brien & Ryan Sharp driving anywhere else other than the WTCC?
Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:43 (Ref:1998560)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
In the past WTCC privateers were allowed to take part. To get a full grid I think they are still allowed to take part.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1998575)   #21
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Judging from this photo, it looks like the race is taking place in the North Atlantic Ocean, somewhere near the Shetland Islands...

Old 28 Aug 2007, 18:21 (Ref:1998595)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
http://www.icelandmotopark.com

Old 31 Aug 2007, 07:51 (Ref:2000656)   #23
THIM
Racer

Poland
THIM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The official site's now been updated.
  • Drivers permitted - must have driven in 50% of their national championship
Isn't it just for Nation's cup? I mean, can drivers from other countries compete for Driver's Cup?
Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:52 (Ref:2004028)   #24
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Prize money from Yokohama set:

* 1) YOKOHAMA SUPER 2000 TROPHY
€ 25,000 to the first driver classified
€ 20,000 to the second driver
€ 15,000 to the third driver
€ 10,000 from the fourth to the twelfth driver

* 2) YOKOHAMA SUPER PRODUCTION TROPHY
€ 15,000 to the first driver classified
€ 7,500 to the second driver
€ 5,000 to the third driver
€ 2,500 from the fourth to the twelfth driver

In order to be eligible for the prize money, competitors are requested: to sport the official “Advan/Yokohama” stickers on their own cars and to remove any other tyre manufacturer’s sticker from their own cars and racing equipments.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 11:03 (Ref:2004179)   #25
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I sure hope they will come, together with Plato and Turner. And team RAC and the Honda's of Neal and Shedden. It would be very interesting to see if they can beat the Swedisch Audi's, BMW's and Volvo's. When they come as well ofcourse.... The best Danisch drivers should have a chance ass well.