Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 25 Jan 2014, 04:42 (Ref:3358340)   #101
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by onza View Post
Simon Evans or Mclennan?
Evans I would presume from this,

http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/2957499
Old 25 Jan 2014, 05:35 (Ref:3358345)   #102
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
That was a good day at the track, nice and modern and good racing. Worth the trip
Old 25 Jan 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3358364)   #103
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Hey Blackpearl, Southern Man is right you know. If you front the dough, you own the show. Accept that or move on.
So why is it he cant provide basic live timing, race control that actually works and can send out a radio message. Why you all may think it is great etc its not as good as you think it is, hey if you pay a premium can you open up those features?

Someone said you are a guest at his track, treat guests like garbage you have no more guests.

Last edited by Blackpearl; 25 Jan 2014 at 08:41.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3358667)   #104
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Someone said you are a guest at his track, treat guests like garbage you have no more guests.
Quite correct. If Highlands don't provide what's usually expected, then some classes like V8ST won't go back.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3358715)   #105
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So why is it he cant provide basic live timing, race control that actually works and can send out a radio message. Why you all may think it is great etc its not as good as you think it is, hey if you pay a premium can you open up those features?

I am having no issues with live timing via www.race-monitor.com
Old 25 Jan 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3358983)   #106
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Quite correct. If Highlands don't provide what's usually expected, then some classes like V8ST won't go back.
would that upset Tony? 1/2 the cars aren't even there.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3360191)   #107
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Four points from Highlands
1. Nice to see some old friends and familiar faces around the paddock.
2. Murph sure did dominate proceedings.
3 Foggys big hit will take some time and money to repair
4. When those engines blow they leave a vey impressive smoke trail
Old 26 Jan 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3360213)   #108
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just to expand on this, highlands way or highway. TV is all highlands, everything is highlands.

They promote and do tv etc, why race and and get stuff all racing time and be dictated by mr quinn on what you can and cant do.
That may expain why the event does not appear to have been shown on Foxtel in Australia. Because this NZ part of 10-tenths is hidden away I did not know the event was on, so I don't know for sure, but there are no replays listed which makes me suspect not.

Speedcafe Australia did not cover qualifying at all, only the results on Monday.

Is the New Zealand thread ever going to rejoin the main Australasian Touring Cars thread?
Old 26 Jan 2014, 23:43 (Ref:3360265)   #109
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
LMAO 2014 the year of the lazy people! Didn't realize it was such an effort to click a link to this forum lol You know you can always bookmark this forum, right?
Old 27 Jan 2014, 01:34 (Ref:3360295)   #110
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least he is showing Australia is interested in BNT V8ST
Old 27 Jan 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3360329)   #111
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
One person speaks for the whole country? interesting
Old 27 Jan 2014, 04:18 (Ref:3360344)   #112
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
would that upset Tony? 1/2 the cars aren't even there.
Maybe they didnt turn up because they knew what to expect.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 05:26 (Ref:3360359)   #113
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LMAO 2014 the year of the lazy people! Didn't realize it was such an effort to click a link to this forum lol You know you can always bookmark this forum, right?
Thanks for your kind comments. Perhaps they give an insight as to why the New Zealand part of the forum is still quarantined?

BTW, I have so many bookmarks that I need another one like I need a hole in the head.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 06:00 (Ref:3360368)   #114
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Four points from Highlands
1. Nice to see some old friends and familiar faces around the paddock.
2. Murph sure did dominate proceedings.
3 Foggys big hit will take some time and money to repair
4. When those engines blow they leave a vey impressive smoke trail
1. Mueseum was not open, old boys club had it.
2. Rain, then the delay as cmc changed tyres having come from so far away.
3. Most people left after the rain as no where to shelter.
4. Cost of entry, then to here him say that it was built as a members track etc. he does not give a toss. Funny moment was when the cmc over the loud speaker said it was cheaper to go to eastern creek.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3360386)   #115
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
1. Mueseum was not open, old boys club had it.
2. Rain, then the delay as cmc changed tyres having come from so far away.
3. Most people left after the rain as no where to shelter.
4. Cost of entry, then to here him say that it was built as a members track etc. he does not give a toss. Funny moment was when the cmc over the loud speaker said it was cheaper to go to eastern creek.
Interesting points you raise as I spoke to a number that had been through the museum, maybe they had a private function on at the time that you tried visiting.
Yes it was a tad unpleasant in the rain but then again that district gets damn all rain per year and the facility is not yet completed. Do you remember the days in the mud of Baypark & Manfeild and then later at my home track at Timaru once the 1986 floods deposited so much silt in the pit area (still have not been able to totally get rid of that problem yet, but are working on it)

Yes I too thought that many CMC competitors had not been smart by not bringing their wets to the pit lane (or having them fitted) as it was drizzling when they were on the dummy grid and rain was forecast. The 15 minutes delay was a pain for all concerned.

Yes I too thought that a lot of the crowd left about the time of the Murph runs away from the seven others show, in doing so they missed a real good race from the CMC group as they did turn it on for the final event of the day

Right from the beginning Highlands has been compared to a Country Club or private golf course where members have full use of the facility and that on occasion we the general race competitor or public can come and play in their place. It is a private club and a test facility best considered as a theme park with 14000 plus tourist vehicle movements per day past it's entrance but it is a theme park where occasionally we can come and play with our toys. It is a fresh way of thinking about things and if we want to use the facility during the times that it is available to us then all of us will need to adjust our way of thinking about things.

As someone who has worked at both meetings I can assure you that numerous changes have been made to the style of operation and management between the two events and that Tony and his team are committed to a program of ultimately providing the premier race facility in NZ.

Cost of entry, yes by the levels that we are used to it does appear on the high side or is it that the other facilities are actually undercharging and undervaluing our sport

Lessons are all ways learnt from anything new as new ideas are explored and new things tried or tested. I for one will keep an open mind for a while.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3360400)   #116
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One person speaks for the whole country? interesting
make it 2.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3360645)   #117
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
make it 2.
Following the series or forgets about this forum?
Old 27 Jan 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3360779)   #118
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Thanks for your kind comments. Perhaps they give an insight as to why the New Zealand part of the forum is still quarantined?

BTW, I have so many bookmarks that I need another one like I need a hole in the head.
Promax is one of the reasons the NZ forum got hidden away in the first place, so you'll just have to humour him - or ignore him
Old 27 Jan 2014, 23:05 (Ref:3360785)   #119
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Following the series or forgets about this forum?
follow the series.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3360821)   #120
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Just 12 V8ST's....

Greg Murphy, Richard Moore and Morgan Haber (M3 Racing), Mark Gibson (John McIntyre Racing), Simon Evans (Team4), Tim Edgell (Tim Edgell Racing), Mitch Cunningham (Cunningham Construction), Angus Fogg (Angus Fogg Racing), Eddie Bell (Bell Racing), Simon McLennan (M2 Motorsport), André Heimgartner (Motorsport Networks) and Ant Pederson (International Motorsport).

https://www.facebook.com/VelocityNews
Do the velocity boys and girls write their own articles. . or cut and paste others? I'm pretty sure there wasn't a rotary in the D Comp final on the weekend. .. so they may want to edit their last article.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3360823)   #121
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
follow the series.
Is the series still televised in Australia?
Old 28 Jan 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3360850)   #122
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do the velocity boys and girls write their own articles. . or cut and paste others? I'm pretty sure there wasn't a rotary in the D Comp final on the weekend. .. so they may want to edit their last article.
Hi Promax,

Sorry, that was a small error on my behalf, said article has been amended.

If you've followed the page, you'll know who writes the stories, we definitely do not cut and paste other people's stories.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 28 Jan 2014, 03:16 (Ref:3360865)   #123
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is the series still televised in Australia?
The first round was, haven't seen anything on speed for this one.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 06:13 (Ref:3360901)   #124
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Interesting points you raise as I spoke to a number that had been through the museum, maybe they had a private function on at the time that you tried visiting.
Yes it was a tad unpleasant in the rain but then again that district gets damn all rain per year and the facility is not yet completed. Do you remember the days in the mud of Baypark & Manfeild and then later at my home track at Timaru once the 1986 floods deposited so much silt in the pit area (still have not been able to totally get rid of that problem yet, but are working on it)

Right from the beginning Highlands has been compared to a Country Club or private golf course where members have full use of the facility and that on occasion we the general race competitor or public can come and play in their place. It is a private club and a test facility best considered as a theme park with 14000 plus tourist vehicle movements per day past it's entrance but it is a theme park where occasionally we can come and play with our toys. It is a fresh way of thinking about things and if we want to use the facility during the times that it is available to us then all of us will need to adjust our way of thinking about things.

As someone who has worked at both meetings I can assure you that numerous changes have been made to the style of operation and management between the two events and that Tony and his team are committed to a program of ultimately providing the premier race facility in NZ.

Cost of entry, yes by the levels that we are used to it does appear on the high side or is it that the other facilities are actually undercharging and undervaluing our sport

Lessons are all ways learnt from anything new as new ideas are explored and new things tried or tested. I for one will keep an open mind for a while.
Personally as a competitor and a spectator, I'd pay more to go to a facility that isn't a pile of rubble that hasn't been updated since bell bottoms were in style. I long ago had it with toilet blocks from a Russian gas station, cranky staff, trash everywhere, disorganization, poor track maintenance, etc.

I've seen first hand tons of these country club tracks in the USA and seen em fail big, seen them bumble along and seen them do well. The most successful operators are ones that tap into many streams of revenue and excel at customer service across all levels. One clash that happens is with members and their expectations, often arising from services being oversold at the start, such as available track time.

I think the Highlands has huge potential and they will make some mistakes along the way, but I think they have the right idea. New Zealand has been gifted with a 21st century motorsports facility in a perfect location(Otago and Lakes region one of my favorite places in the world) and hopefully people will make the most of it.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3361441)   #125
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumor has it that Greg Murphy may miss the next round of the V8 SuperTourers in favour of the Bathurst 12 hour

Currently, there are two options for the 12 hour. At this point and time, there are two vacancies at Trofeo Motorsport which he drove for last year. It is possible he could drive in the McLaren Mp4-12c Tony Quinn entry, which happens to be the car he drove at the Highlands 101. The final driver for that seat has yet to be announced too.

Last edited by 20b; 29 Jan 2014 at 07:01.