Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Jun 2002, 15:44 (Ref:323719)   #26
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Cosworth DFV
Old 1 Jul 2002, 05:52 (Ref:324873)   #27
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Ford Cosworth DFV
Thank you, Nordic... but by chance do you know the meaning of the letters D.F.V in this appelation ? Or is it just like a number or something ?
Old 1 Jul 2002, 09:44 (Ref:324982)   #28
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
DFV = Double four valve, Fab
Old 1 Jul 2002, 09:59 (Ref:324991)   #29
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DFV is one of the greatest ever car engines which won over 150 grand prix from 1967 onwards - it was used in the Matras to replace the 12 cylinder engines because at the time no-one wanted to supply and/or maintain them although as I recall the historic engines are now available - it is possible as you suggest that you do not recognise because it is not French ! Zut alors
Old 1 Jul 2002, 10:01 (Ref:324993)   #30
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And it was derived from the FVA - Four Valve A Series or something which was very successful in F2 - it also begat (great word) DFV DFY DFL DFX FVC DFZ
Old 1 Jul 2002, 15:45 (Ref:325252)   #31
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
DFV = Double four valve, Fab
shame on me
Old 1 Jul 2002, 15:46 (Ref:325254)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
it is possible as you suggest that you do not recognise because it is not French ! Zut alors

Above all, I'm afraid my english is muuuuuuuuch too weak !
Old 1 Jul 2002, 15:48 (Ref:325256)   #33
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
DFV DFY DFL DFX FVC DFZ
I'm gonna be sick...
Old 1 Jul 2002, 18:11 (Ref:325306)   #34
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Above all, I'm afraid my english is muuuuuuuuch too weak !
Your English is far superior to my French! (and that of most Brits visiting Le Mans!)
Old 2 Jul 2002, 12:41 (Ref:325830)   #35
JohnS
Rookie

JohnS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the intention still to run a historic race before the main race in 2003? It's supposed to be a race for cars between (I think) 1965 and 1979, which is the era I'm mainly interested in.

I've been saving my pennies to attend this, but am a little concerned that the Le Mans Classic may overshadow it.

John
Old 2 Jul 2002, 13:04 (Ref:325850)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnS
Is the intention still to run a historic race before the main race in 2003? It's supposed to be a race for cars between (I think) 1965 and 1979, which is the era I'm mainly interested in.

I've been saving my pennies to attend this, but am a little concerned that the Le Mans Classic may overshadow it.

John
John, ACO said this year that there will be another historic race for the opening, on saturday. And they didn't mention so precisely the period covered by the cars... at my knowing !

But nobody's never sure with ACO...
Old 2 Jul 2002, 21:54 (Ref:326161)   #37
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am unable to make the classic in September, lack of finace, so if anyone has a job for me let me know.

Sorry about the aside, but does anyone know if Radio Le Mans, will be on air ?, and if so will they be broadcasting on the net ?. As from want was said during the race this year it sounded like most of the RLM team where going to be there.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 11:49 (Ref:326438)   #38
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like you'll need a jacket and tie to get into the paddock. I imagine the hypermarket will be selling a few of those in september.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 13:13 (Ref:326488)   #39
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully if you keep the receipt you can take it back for a refund on the 23rd.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 21:26 (Ref:326749)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones

Sorry about the aside, but does anyone know if Radio Le Mans, will be on air ?, and if so will they be broadcasting on the net ?.
My suspicion is that it's highly unlikely rd. RLM depends on major sponsorship for survival and unless some big name comes forward with the dosh for September, I doubt that we will have coverage at the circuit, let alone on the net.

Could be wrong of course, so I'll try and find out.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 16:03 (Ref:331970)   #41
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Classic Answers

You can get tickets at www.just-tickets.co.uk

I am staying on Maison Blanche (booked three months ago.

Looks like they are using the full circuit however main pit entrance appears to be arount the back of the buggatti circuit. Maybee due to the large number of cars the normal pits will no be used in favour for a more practical large paddock.

Up sides are the ferries are cheaper less than a third of the summer prices and the tickets are cheap.

If you want to get into the pits then take a jacket.

www.lemansclassic.com will answer all your other questions

Rick (rick@rcutler.co.uk) (rcutler.co.uk somewhat out of date.)
Old 11 Jul 2002, 20:20 (Ref:332112)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Le Mans Classic Answers

I wonder what kind of premium Just Tickets are charging?
Old 12 Jul 2002, 06:46 (Ref:332335)   #43
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I buy my tickets from for the real LeMans from Just Tickets. I paid £48.00 for the Maison blanche camping ticket, and £90.00 for the entry and pits grandstand. If anyone knows the prices from the ACO then we can see what sort of premium they charge
Old 12 Jul 2002, 09:28 (Ref:332418)   #44
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
. If anyone knows the prices from the ACO then we can see what sort of premium they charge
FG1 will give you the exact figures, but Just Tickets charge a premium of about 50% over face value. Supply and demand I suppose, although how Just Tickets get their hands on ACO grandstand seats which are limited to two per member is a mistery to me and probably a scandal.
My advice is
1 join the ACO
2 Reserve your tickets early - you don't have to pay until next May.

See you in September
Old 12 Jul 2002, 09:45 (Ref:332425)   #45
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy

although how Just Tickets get their hands on ACO grandstand seats which are limited to two per member is a mistery to me and probably a scandal.
My only guess is that they spend the extra 50% off the ACO grandstand ticket on your ACO membership without you getting all the benifits.

Rick.
Old 6 Aug 2002, 08:27 (Ref:351070)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I thought that as we are now a week into August (or thereabouts), it was time for me to resurrect and breath some fresh life into this thread. Anybody else decided to go to the Classic?

As far as I'm concerned, my plans are a little uncertain, mainly due to finance - I'm skint! So I'm not entirely sure whether I'm going to make it after all.

I need to hear from Stoffer Green as to his plans - since he became a man of leisure (so to speak) he seems to have disappeared!

I'm going to make this one "sticky", so to speak, to see what updated responses we get.

Old 6 Aug 2002, 10:57 (Ref:351157)   #47
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like a lost cause for me to. Dates too close to other stuff in my life, both personal and work. I am really disappointed as even now the thought of seeing these cars driven in anger at Le Mans is making me salivate. I only hope it is a success and runs again in the future.
Old 6 Aug 2002, 12:47 (Ref:351230)   #48
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, count me in. Ferry booked (thank you Bluebottle), GB plates back on the car, Teach Yourself French tape back in the cassette player...

I think that's everything....
Old 7 Aug 2002, 09:02 (Ref:352069)   #49
Kpy
Veteran

In the next ten days I shall be sorting out a house within a short driving distance of Le Mans for the weekend of the classic. At the moment we are a party of four, maybe six. I wonder if anyone here would like to join us down there. I shall be arranging some fun and games and hope to meet up with Fab and Gilles for some partying. Cost will be not more than £100 for a double room and I shall arrange some catering at very modest cost.
Anyone interested please post on this thread or email me kpylaws@aol.com
Old 7 Aug 2002, 18:02 (Ref:352435)   #50
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
As far as I'm concerned, my plans are a little uncertain, mainly due to finance - I'm skint! So I'm not entirely sure whether I'm going to make it after all.
What ? I'm getting out of my summer sleep to read THAT ! You're not serious, aren't you ?

Thank to Francis, I succeeded at the end to watch, for the very first time, Le Mans (THE movie)... and you bet I'll be here saturday morning ! Ayse, remember : there will be the 917 on the track !!! Could you believe that ?!?

Come on, you know what I've propose you in June...