Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Jan 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2098830)   #1
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport Show

If anyone of you havent seen Peters emails we are going to the Autosport show ( Rallycross open championship ) in Hall 10 , Stand CM18 .

Hope to see and talk to as many of you as poss over the 4 days
Old 3 Jan 2008, 23:03 (Ref:2098923)   #2
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be any Rallycross taking part at the live action arena?
Old 4 Jan 2008, 00:21 (Ref:2098969)   #3
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti Alamaki
Will there be any Rallycross taking part at the live action arena?
I don't think there are any rallycross cars in the live action show this year

It's great news that rallycross will be well represented in the main show though.

IMHO it's vital that rallycross should have a presence at the ASI. Not only to inform spectators about the sport, but also to try to encourage new competitors to have a go, or even bring some old ones out of retirement.

Last edited by silver bullet; 4 Jan 2008 at 00:58.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2100287)   #4
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there Saturday having a mootch about at the models ;-)
Old 7 Jan 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2101358)   #5
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRDA at Autosport International

I can now confirm that the BRDA /MSA Rallycross Championship will be having a stand at the 2008 Autosport International. Which takes place at the Birmingham NEC between the 10th and 13th of January. This year we are in Hall 10 on stand CM12 close to the 750 Motor Club and Time Attack and Drifting events, a great location for our exciting sport

Throughout the weekend, We will be Launching the 2008 Championship. Saturday will also see the launch of some exciting new plans for 2008.

Feel free to pop in, for a chat and coffee and to discuss your plans.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2101934)   #6
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's just hope i can get down to watch!
Old 8 Jan 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2102101)   #7
M.Lowe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestrep
If you go to autosport show talk to both organizations and form your own opinion as to who supports the sport and who has personal agendas that may skew their opinions.

The best part of the thread is this quote

I applaud PSM for what they have acheived but both championships have pros and cons

I will visit both stands and see what they have to offer the Spectator for 08 in terms of cars and plans for the year
Old 8 Jan 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2102109)   #8
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, and things all seemed to be going so well

I thought we might start 2008 without any bickering
Some Hope

This thread was about the Autosport Show, and what is the Autosport Show about?

Telling the world what a great sport we have, and trying to encourage new people into the sport.
If the bickering continues all we will succeed in doing is driving the current people away.

It does not matter who has the best stand. It does not matter who has the biggest stand. It does not matter who has what cars on their stand.
All that matters is that we promote our sport in a positive way.

So for goodness sake can we please put on a united front, or the result will be both organisations will have wasted precious time and money at the show.

All the punters want to know is, what are the rules, how much is it going to cost, and where/when are the events. They will then choose what suits them.
Any, our is better than theirs statements, and they will switch off, and walk away.

I hope to be at the show on Friday & Saturday, and I hope to spend equal amounts of time on each stand.
I will be giving advice about getting into Stockhatch, to anyone who asks me.
I don't care which organisartion the decide to race with, all that matters, is that they take up RALLYCROSS

Last edited by silver bullet; 8 Jan 2008 at 19:41.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2102115)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
It's good that both organisations have stands at the Autosport show - the more people that find out about rallycross the better. My only concern is that both sides will be more interested in putting the other down than promoting the sport i sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Leonidas - You enjoy the handbags? I was hoping this season was going to be quieter on that side of things but clearly Mr Mallett, SB and myself are in for another busy year judging by this thread

Chris - can your clear down some of your PM's please - your inbox is full

edit: Well said SB
Old 8 Jan 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2102128)   #10
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a shame that they aren't side by side at the show, maybe just maybe if they were they might just find that both have a common interest and passion. They may then come to realize what the rest of us already know that both sides have their strong points and both have their weak. Take the strong points from both and hey we would have ONE of the strongest championships in Europe.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2102164)   #11
bestrep
Rookie

bestrep has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As long as some people have the best intrests of rallycross at their hearts and some people have personal interests at heart there will never be a harmony of minds, let us at long last put rallycross first (instead of personal interests) and cater for the majority instead of the ruling minority that normaly dictates the future of rallycross.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2102168)   #12
Guffy
Racer

United Kingdom
Shap Cumbria
Guffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXfan
I think its a shame that they aren't side by side at the show, maybe just maybe if they were they might just find that both have a common interest and passion

What they should have done was clubbed together & got 1 HUGH stand & have a car & rep from each class or equiverlent, promote themselves, promote the others & promote Rallycross, God if it's like this now, whats it gonna be like in the run up to Croft (july 6th)..?
Old 8 Jan 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2102176)   #13
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cake
I can confirm that if you visit said stand you have to go right by us first Hall 10 CM18 to get there
True, Chris, but with your current attitude I think some of may be doing exactly that...going right by you.

Even if you do think you've got the best stand/championship/gameplan/haircut (?) etc., perhaps a more magnanimous approach to the situation would do both you and your championship more justice.

I will be visiting both stands on Friday, where I will be asking questions about next year's plans, finding out the news and generally having a chinwag. I look forward to talking to some of you there.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2102182)   #14
bestrep
Rookie

bestrep has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy
What they should have done was clubbed together & got 1 HUGH stand & have a car & rep from each class or equiverlent, promote themselves, promote the others & promote Rallycross, God if it's like this now, whats it gonna be like in the run up to Croft (july 6th)..?

They did club together but personal interests got in the way (what a suprise) and now the job is Kerfurkled as usualy happens when the vested interests look after them selves!!! (this is to the detriment of the vast majority of rallycross competitors and supporters, (another case of the majority suporting the minority) as is often the case.

Last edited by bestrep; 8 Jan 2008 at 21:56.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2102374)   #15
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports
The "open" is a waste of time attending with only 1 (Mad Mark) genuinely quick supercar.
Belly. Jobb, Proctor, Grant, all are quick!!!!

Personally I am on the stand to promote Rallycross which i love.
I want to meat fans, spectators, and tutor new persons on rallycross and what we are all about and what a fantastic sport we have.
I hate all this bickering which is spoiling the sport I would consider pulling out of rallycross if something isnt resolved soon.

I hope people at Autosport come and say hello to me and have a chat and give me your thoughts on how we move forward.
I am there THursday, Saturday and Sunday

see you there!!!!
Old 9 Jan 2008, 10:27 (Ref:2102449)   #16
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we all need to relax a bit. There are always going to be arguments between rival organisers and mutual attempts to wind each other up. The same is true of other branches of motorsport, particularly stock cars.

Initially I didn't think it was wise to set up a seperate series but the Open team (particularly Peter) have brought a lot to the sport, new ideas, new events and new classes. I'm not impressed by BRDA supporters who come on here claiming to be independent and then bitterly attack the Open Championship for having no decent drivers - both this years and last year's MSA champions are happy to support the Open and compete in its events. As I understand it the Open have offered an olive branch to the BRDA in terms of a joint meeting - so what is the problem?

Hopefully competition will drive up the standard of events and generate new recruits all round. From the rumours I hear I think there could be some interesting announcements at the weekend that we can all welcome.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2102454)   #17
M.Lowe
Veteran

Are there many cars on display on the stands this year?
Old 9 Jan 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2102462)   #18
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ollie O'Donovan's
'Mad' Mark Watson's
Dermot Carnegie's
Simon White's
Are the ones that I know about. There will probably be some others dotted about here and there.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 10:48 (Ref:2102465)   #19
M.Lowe
Veteran

Cheers David
They will be good to see and photograph
Old 9 Jan 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2102697)   #20
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mad Mark I didn't phrase my post very well what I mean't was supercar drivers who did every round Proctor etc didn't. It wasn't mean't to knock your achievement in winning the chamionship which I think the majority of fans were happy for you.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2102748)   #21
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Mad Mark, heres a guy who talks alot of sense and races wherever and whenever he can irrespective of whos organising it. A real ambassador for Rallycross whos presence at the show can only do good.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2103046)   #22
flying flynn
Racer

flying flynn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
14 yr old Conor Flynn will be on the Junior Rallying Stand, he is competing on a few events out in Latvia this year.
However he is also signing up for a full assault on the BRDA Juniors and the Open series Juniors.
I am sure he will love to have a chat about Rallycross if you see him on the Junior Rallying stand.
Pat
Old 10 Jan 2008, 23:10 (Ref:2103844)   #23
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports
Mad Mark I didn't phrase my post very well what I mean't was supercar drivers who did every round Proctor etc didn't. It wasn't mean't to knock your achievement in winning the chamionship which I think the majority of fans were happy for you.
Sorry i didnt take it like that i just meant to mention others who i enjoyed racing with and are good quality drivers. But i understand those who did every round like myself.

As mentioned I am here for no one else but to push rallycross forward and bring it to more people

Been to Autosport and everyone says the same thing - Rallycross ids fantastic why I we not regarded higher in the UK.
Persons from Denmark, Germany, Sweden and so on all attended the stand and knew all about British Rallycross. So we are starting to get regognition.

I am back Saturday amd Sunday see you there!!!! and please say hello and give me your comments.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 00:55 (Ref:2103903)   #24
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mad Mark it will be great for Rallycross to have you on a stand as a great ambassador for the sport, as we all have a common goal of having great Rallycross events.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2104434)   #25
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mad Mad Mark !
Any chances of seeing the wonderful Pink xara this year in Europe thought you might of dabbled last year but staying at home worked out for ya!