Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 23 May 2007, 17:28 (Ref:1919703)   #51
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I think that the race pace of the diesel class will be faster than the qualifying pace of petrol class. The writing is already on the wall with what we have seen this year with the Pug. Pescarolo is right. I wonder how many other team owners have supported him?
No surprise. Prior to the R10, the R8's were able to out pace the atmo. cars quite easily. Le Mans has favored the turbos for quite some time.
Old 26 May 2007, 00:44 (Ref:1921329)   #52
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Yes, I think it's a real stretch to get that kind of pace over 24 hours - but, until Audi came along, I'd have thought it was a stretch to spend less than 1h in the pits. (Bentley, IIRC, was under 36 minutes with their Audi-trained crew in 2003. And while the cars were not interchangeable, the expertise was.)
How much is the smaller fuel cell going to cost them in pit time?

Quote:
By Aysedasi
(Actually, I'm just completely mesmerised by Adam's new avatar..... )
Somewhat FLOYDish (Darkside)

L.P.
Old 26 May 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1921771)   #53
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
No surprise. Prior to the R10, the R8's were able to out pace the atmo. cars quite easily. Le Mans has favored the turbos for quite some time.
Does that translate into 'Le Mans has favored torque for quite some time?' as that seems to be the part of performance equalisation that is the most difficult to effect.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:46 (Ref:1928509)   #54
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting test day results.

Edited to add weather outlook here.

Wednesday/Thursday might not be as quick as anticipated. The weather currently does not look hot for the race, though, which would play into any real distance runs.

Last edited by paul-collins; 4 Jun 2007 at 14:50.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1928521)   #55
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Interesting test day results.

Yes , but imagine how interesting they would be if the petrol engines were allowed to be on par with the oil burners!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1928586)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Diesel performance thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96980
Old 5 Jun 2007, 04:31 (Ref:1929002)   #57
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mmm, interesting 'Pole Prediction' from Mr.Collins.......

paul-collins
Peugeot #8
3:38.420

.......someone been studying the weather forecast a little too closely!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 12:38 (Ref:1929302)   #58
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Busted!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Jun 2007, 17:20 (Ref:1929536)   #59
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it hard to believe that all four sessions will be wet. These summer rain systems usually pass through quickly enough that if one day is wet, the next will be dry or vice versa. A bold prediction from Mr. Collins however.....
Old 5 Jun 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1929542)   #60
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
niel, I don't believe the whole time will be pouring - but I think it will be tricky to get a true qualifying lap. Note that I'm only 14 seconds off the fastest time predicted, so it will be a tentative lap but not a full rain lap...

-Bill James
Old 11 Jun 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1934060)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi - one for the mods -

My entry for 'my' predictions thread was lost in the corruption mullarky. As I think were some others. (I know there was at least one other after me). Is there any way of retrieving this data, or do we have to start again?
Old 11 Jun 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1934081)   #62
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Unfortunately, not that I'm aware of.

-Bill James
Old 11 Jun 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1934089)   #63
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
so you get that second chance ...
anyway, you still can't put a Debora on the top of the list
Old 11 Jun 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1934231)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh phooey.........
Old 11 Jun 2007, 19:39 (Ref:1934310)   #65
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
and BTW mine disappeared too !
gee! need to remember what I wrote the first time
Old 11 Jun 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1934329)   #66
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice pick Bernard B. German cleen sweep.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1934331)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi, Audi. I think.......
Old 11 Jun 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1934354)   #68
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
to be honest, this is not what I WANT, but as Ayse has banned (to speak of) the rain for this year (and all the other I assume), I had no other choice ...
Old 11 Jun 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1934427)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
To be honest of course Bernard, I never actually had that kind of power to wield - even when I was a mod! I just think we should think (and predict) imaginatively. After all, there are people out there who think Deboras and WRs are beautiful - now that's a perfect example of imaginative thinking.....

I know what they should do really. They should have an Audi one-make series to support the 24 Hours. Then the Audis could have a clean sweep as usual and leave the main event to the more interesting and better-looking cars......
Old 12 Jun 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1935037)   #70
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
I hope noone picked the Zytek.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 13:52 (Ref:1935063)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If they did, I'm sure the mods will allow them to adjust their prediction.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 13:53 (Ref:1935065)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are we going to have an update on the predictions so far?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1935075)   #73
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Saleen picked the Zytek to come in 3rd.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1935086)   #74
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
I hope noone picked the Zytek.
Saleen S7R picked the Zytek and Doc Hollywood has #3 Audi finishing first and third.

Rollcentre (7 picks) is the most popular P1P choice to finish on the podium, followed closely by #16 Pesca (6 picks).
Old 12 Jun 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1935135)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung
.....and Doc Hollywood has #3 Audi finishing first and third.

Now that really is Audi pushing the boat out........