Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 28 Apr 2002, 22:16 (Ref:272871)   #1
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Note regarding Predictions Competition

Hi all. Just a note to inform you that the results of this week's predictions competition will be posted tomorrow after I get home from work. I had planned to inform you in advance that there would be a delay this time (though I had planned to post the results Sunday evening), but I was unable to access the forum both Saturday night and Sunday morning due to "Database Error".

Best regards
Runar

Last edited by R; 28 Apr 2002 at 22:17.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 15:06 (Ref:273381)   #2
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Damn the database... kill it kill it!!! that said don't think I have done too well this week... grrrr

I wait in anticipation!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 15:32 (Ref:273388)   #3
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Note regarding Predictions Competition

Quote:
Originally posted by R
but I was unable to access the forum both Saturday night and Sunday morning due to "Database Error".

right.....mysql?....ha ha ha ha ha...
attn: linux hackers....

get a life....get a server....

get on board....................with .not
Old 29 Apr 2002, 19:42 (Ref:273573)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was messed up Saturday, I got on last night fine.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 04:43 (Ref:273914)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
R, please give us your e-mail just in case we cannot log on next week.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 30 Apr 2002, 06:14 (Ref:273937)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, mr. [IMG]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/IMG]

runakar@online.no

Anyone having trouble logging in to the site can email me their predictions.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 09:26 (Ref:274044)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
May I make a suggestion here please. It seems to me that many posters were having problems logging on last weekend. Sometimes, for whatever reasons including holidays or just absent mindedness, some here do not post a prediction. Perhaps, it would be nicer if we could use their previous week's predictions rather than not have any prediction at all. Just to keep them in the prediction competition. Just a thought, and I know some here would say: OK, they should remember, or they should try harder, etc. However, sometimes personal problems come up, and then posters have to attend to these rather than post their prediction.
Just a thought for you guys to consider.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 30 Apr 2002, 13:09 (Ref:274345)   #8
R
Veteran

I'm afraid that wouldn't be practical. We have 121 users who have participated in total, and 89 of those entered predictions for this race. To check each and every user who have previously entered to see whether or not they have entered this time, would, quite frankly, be too much work. There are many who have only entered their predictions for one race, for example. Do we then let them carry over their predictions from that race for the entire season? (Because if I should copy the predictions once, I cannot check the next time if those predictions were actually posted by the member or if I just copied them - that would be way too time consuming.) No, I don't think this would be fair, we could end up with a winner who wasn't really interested in the competition, but only posted his/her predictions once. Everyone who are going to be away are free to email or PM me their predictions, or - like one member did this time - post their predictions for the next race in the same thread as those for the upcoming one. (He posted his predictions for Austria in the same thread as those for Spain.) And I think that gives everyone a fair opportunity to make their predictions even if they are going to be away during the actual time the predictions thread is open.