Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3257107)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Veggie Motor Sport Magazine (Le Mans-related)

In case anyone has a spare £4.99 this months magazine has quite a lot of Le mans related stuff, almost bought it myself but had an hour to waste in town so read it in Smith's
Old 3 Jun 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3257186)   #2
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they go broke because of the few Euros you didn't spend, I bet you'll feel really guilty!

DK
Old 3 Jun 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3257216)   #3
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got the iPad version because I saw it was about Le Mans (€6 on the App Store). Pleasantly surprised with how they've reworked it onto a digital platform. The Brunch with Anthony Davidson is great too, especially the bit where he says he hasn't cared about F1 for years and only wants to win Le Mans
Old 3 Jun 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3257230)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In case anyone has a spare £4.99 this months magazine has quite a lot of Le mans related stuff, almost bought it myself but had an hour to waste in town so read it in Smith's
Did they bring you a cup of tea while you were there.....?
Old 3 Jun 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3257284)   #5
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one thanks, ill grab a hold of it, i usually have a nose at it in Tesco. I'm guessing next week's autosport will be the one with the guide.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3257285)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, Thursday week it should be.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3257464)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Did they bring you a cup of tea while you were there.....?
No they did not, must complain if i get time. Perhap's i will when i go in to read the autosport le mans feature
Old 4 Jun 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3257471)   #8
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, Thursday week it should be.
Autosport pretty well repeat their supplement each year - to me for someone who is a regular it is a total waste of time. For newbies it can help.... but the CA guide is far far better
Old 4 Jun 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3257473)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Autosport pretty well repeat their supplement each year - to me for someone who is a regular it is a total waste of time. For newbies it can help.... but the CA guide is far far better
Yes the CA guide is always good and more up to date
Old 4 Jun 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3257482)   #10
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the heck is the CA guide? have Motor Sport on subscription.Only conplaint in recent times is too much advertising for swiss watch industry! I have economic boycott of the Swiss since they banned motor racing in 1956
Old 4 Jun 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3257487)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There is another le mans based web site called Club Arnarge, it has been around for a long time and produces a yearly guide to the race, it is very large and covers just about everything.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3257527)   #12
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The CA guide is worth printing out and taking - although you can skip the Spotters' Guide in it that takes up loads of pages and just print out Andy Blackmore's
Old 4 Jun 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3257531)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is it out yet?
Old 4 Jun 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3257569)   #14
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not yet, well not when i looked 5 minutes ago!
Old 4 Jun 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3257600)   #15
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The Gulf Aston on the cover of the guide was taken by Andy Cansfield, who many will recognise from the Speed Chills campsite?
He's coming on nicely!
Old 4 Jun 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3257799)   #16
gread
Rookie

United Kingdom
Coventry
gread should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I usuallybuy Motor Sport when it has sports cars on the cover. Autosport is only worth flicking through in the shop. Shame, as it used to be staple diet
Old 5 Jun 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3257899)   #17
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motorsport the only mag worth buying a subscription for and you get Android Tablet / I pad version with the subscription, which does have extra contact that you don't get in the mag.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3257916)   #18
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm also a Motorsport subscriber, I think it has an excellent mix of historic and modern motor-racing, as well as covering new and classic road cars.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3258083)   #19
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
The free podcasts are also exceptional and almost always extremely informing. March '11 with Alan McNish, the Audi Readers Evening from November '11, February '12 with Derek Warwick and May '13 with Martin Brundle are worth a particular listen for people of this parish.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3258298)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to listen to on the way down to Le Mans.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3258304)   #21
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
What the heck is the CA guide? have Motor Sport on subscription.Only conplaint in recent times is too much advertising for swiss watch industry! I have economic boycott of the Swiss since they banned motor racing in 1956
Wait... the Swiss watch industry banned motor racing in Switzerland?! That's why they were complaining about you last time I was in Zurich buying watches.
(Kind of like the continued US ban of Cuban cigars.)

Love the MotorSports special issues, especially Le Mans, and the CA guide.

Last edited by Breitling24; 6 Jun 2013 at 00:24.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 6 Jun 2013, 06:59 (Ref:3258380)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The swiss watch industry is one of the largest sponsors of motor racing seems that motor racing fans also like old style mechanical watches rather than battery efforts, I have a much loved Eterna kontiki 1958 tenth anniversary model
Old 7 Jun 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3258960)   #23
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The swiss watch industry is one of the largest sponsors of motor racing seems that motor racing fans also like old style mechanical watches rather than battery efforts, I have a much loved Eterna kontiki 1958 tenth anniversary model
For myself, I am a watch maniac, I have a Tag Heuer Senna edition and a Tag Heuer Monaco watch in my collection.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3258981)   #24
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gread View Post
I usuallybuy Motor Sport when it has sports cars on the cover. Autosport is only worth flicking through in the shop. Shame, as it used to be staple diet
Might be worth checking out Autosport's supplement next week. It's 68 pages - 20 more than last year's.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3259030)   #25
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Might be worth checking out Autosport's supplement next week. It's 68 pages - 20 more than last year's.
Advertising must be on the up then which I suppose is a good sign