Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 Dec 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3182293)   #31
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpiderMan View Post
Think I need to leard to drive it on a few test days, then not really sure what I'm doing next season. I still have my little Fiesta XR2 that I raced in the CNC heads series, then I have my 570bhp Sierra Thundersaloon, and also the Calibra. So many choices!!
I guess both the Sierra and the Calibra can do something with CSCC
Learning to drive something like that will be a big wake up call!! If you can wind the boost right down in the Sierra, that would be the car to use to learn. Learn how the car handles - brakes, turns in, exits, etc... and for you to get used to it. Test until it's like knitting one handed, then turn up the boost a bit at a time, get used to it. Then it'll "come naturally".

The Calibra will wake you up!! The torque will be phenomenal compared to the Sierra - you'll have to learn to squeeze the throttle to avoid it breaking traction, handling wise, it should be superior to the Sierra as it's got a much more refined chassis under it. IIRC it runs a locked spool in the back end, so will be understeery unless "driven". And that requires commitment and faith!!

You have some good choices for where to race either car - Classic Thunder, Eurosaloons, NW Sports & Saloons, CSCC Special Saloons/Modsports/Thundersaloons, and maybe a few others.

Fingers crossed, I WILL be out with the Belmont in the CSCC series, and maybe CT if time permits.