Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who will win the 6hr Spa overall?
Toyota #7 4 28.57%
Toyota #8 7 50.00%
Toyota #9 0 0%
Porsche #1 2 14.29%
Porsche #2 1 7.14%
Other (please specificy) 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 May 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3731911)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
That's my point. Hartley is racing for the win there, he's not cruising. They have to go for the gaps that the slower cars leaves. Dumas left it very open to him almost as if conceding the place to, then, turn in at the last moment without any awareness that the spot was already about to be occupied. If LMP1 drivers had to wait only for 100% clean circunstances to lap the P2s and GTs, then their race pace would significantly drop.

I think that's one of the things that frustrated Webber and encouraged his retirement, ie, people not looking into their mirrors.

Really don't think Dumas was predictable there. I totally understand Hartley and would've done the same, tbh. Dumas drove as if conceding the corner to be lapped with no problems then suddenly ignored what was already going on. Brendon was not fully alongside but Dumas should've let him through. He seemed like napping.

BTW, I know Hartley forced the move a bit and is, at least, partially to blame for. I just don't think it was only a "poor Dumas got tagged" kind of incident.
I can't help but agree, I think this take on the incident is a pretty measured observation regardless of whether he was alongside or not. Hartley is quick but not reckless.