Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Dec 2001, 23:02 (Ref:183118)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the new Rilley & Scott any good?

The C is a niffty looking piece, but not seting the world on fire in ALMS the failure that was Cadilac, I have questions as to the ability of the R&S to produce a substiute for the MIII.

Is it true the old car was faster than the new at the recent test in Sebring? Is the new any good?
Old 6 Dec 2001, 23:17 (Ref:183124)   #2
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well I think you need to take into account a number of things.

when the -C raced at Sebring it was very very new.
The circuit was a bit different
the weather was substantially better.

add this all up and you might get a quicker time
Old 6 Dec 2001, 23:25 (Ref:183129)   #3
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dyson have sold their car to Robinson, and are now looking to purchase an Audi R8 (possibly even two).
From what I have heard, they ultimately weren't happy with the progress made with the car, and the drivers complained that it was one of the most demanding cars to drive - so much so that they found it physically almost impossible to doublestint.
A shame - I like the looks of that car.
Old 7 Dec 2001, 07:07 (Ref:183192)   #4
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ran into butch Lietzinger (sorry about the spelling Butch) at the recent Daytona historic and GrandAm races at Daytona. He was in the Classis Auto Impressions tent eyeballing a 1/43 Bentley Speed 8 handbuilt. He turn to his father and says "When is Christmas, Dad?"

He is just a super guy. We talked a little models and his stunning outside pass on Wayne Taylor at Mosport. It was on the downhill off camber turn three, a corner Jackie Stewart has labeled as "the world's most dangerous turn." Oh, yeah, he overtook him on the OUTSIDE. Anyway, he just smiled and acted like it wasn't a big deal.
He seems utterly unaware that he is probably America's best sportscar racer. He reminds me a little of Buddy Lazier, who is one of my top three heros. The other two are Alex Zanardi and, of course, Brian Redman.

Anyway, he tells me that the new R&S doesn't respond to changes in set up at all. I could tell he hates it. But if he gets an Audi, the Joest team had better get McNish back.