Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Jun 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3090900)   #1
huishu_jia
Rookie

huishu_jia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car Pool for Mini Festival Brands Hatch 16-17 June

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering is there anyone live in London interested in car pool this weekend for the Mini Festival? I am living in London, I usually take bus then train and then walk for 2 hours from Swanley station to brands hatch which is not easy. So I hope I can find someone who is convenient to give me a lift and we can share the fuel.

looking forward to hear from you,
and thank you very much in advance!!

Huishu
Old 15 Jun 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3091409)   #2
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a couple of ways to look at this, Firstly London is one of worlds biggest cities, You could do yourself a favour by saying whereabouts in London you are, No point in someone living in, say, Hackney offering you a lift if you live 2 hours drive away in, say, Kew. I'm not suggesting you give out your address but "NW10" would maybe interest someone living in Harlesdon.
The other options are to see if anyone either can pick you up from the station (someone may like some of their petrol money offsetting) or maybe 3 or 4 people could get together and fund a taxi?
I hope these suggestions help a little.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3091422)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by huishu_jia View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering is there anyone live in London interested in car pool this weekend for the Mini Festival? I am living in London, I usually take bus then train and then walk for 2 hours from Swanley station to brands hatch which is not easy. So I hope I can find someone who is convenient to give me a lift and we can share the fuel.

looking forward to hear from you,
and thank you very much in advance!!

Huishu
I'm only going on Sunday, but I have to drive through London to Brands.
PM me where you live and a contact number, if this is of any use.

Regards,
Nick.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3091852)   #4
huishu_jia
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fox View Post
There are a couple of ways to look at this, Firstly London is one of worlds biggest cities, You could do yourself a favour by saying whereabouts in London you are, No point in someone living in, say, Hackney offering you a lift if you live 2 hours drive away in, say, Kew. I'm not suggesting you give out your address but "NW10" would maybe interest someone living in Harlesdon.
The other options are to see if anyone either can pick you up from the station (someone may like some of their petrol money offsetting) or maybe 3 or 4 people could get together and fund a taxi?
I hope these suggestions help a little.
Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions.

I'm living in SW11, battersea, as I didn't mention any particular area is because I guess transportation in London is much easier than around Brands Hatch, so i can come to anywhere, but you are right, if someone is outside of zone 3 maybe is also very difficult for me.

and also car lift or taxi share from the train station is a brilliant suggestion as you know from victoria to swanley is super convenient.

haha, maybe I should rewrite this. thank you again
Old 16 Jun 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3091854)   #5
huishu_jia
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
I'm only going on Sunday, but I have to drive through London to Brands.
PM me where you live and a contact number, if this is of any use.

Regards,
Nick.
Thank you very much!! I'll pm you.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3094124)   #6
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi folks.
I missed the PM but managed to give this nice person a lift home on Sunday.
She is planning to do the F3/GT meeting this weekend, but I'll be working.
Huishu is very keen, has all the gear, been to several GP's around the world and loves her motorsport.
She lives in Battersea (London) and her journey to Brands, by public transport, can lead to an hour and a half walk to and from the station, as she is studying and doesn't have to much finances.
Can any of you kind people who, like me, don't often share your car, help her for the journey, at least to and from the station.
Please PM her if you can.

Many thanks,
Nick.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3094203)   #7
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London

Quote:
Hi folks.
Huishu is very keen, has all the gear, been to several GP's around the world and loves her motorsport.
She lives in Battersea (London) and her journey to Brands, by public transport, can lead to an hour and a half walk to and from the station, as she is studying and doesn't have to much finances.
Can any of you kind people who, like me, don't often share your car, help her for the journey, at least to and from the station.

Many thanks,
Nick.
I'm going to be at Brands for the F3/GT meeting and am in Wimbledon, SW20, in theory it is just a couple of stops on the train (not sure about that time of the morning though but worth a look) I will get a pm off.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 01:36 (Ref:3094508)   #8
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
I'm going to be at Brands for the F3/GT meeting and am in Wimbledon, SW20, in theory it is just a couple of stops on the train (not sure about that time of the morning though but worth a look) I will get a pm off.
Thanks Steve,
you'll make a young lady very happy
Old 19 Jun 2012, 07:46 (Ref:3094618)   #9
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Quote:
Thanks Steve,
you'll make a young lady very happy
That will be a first then!
I haven't heard from her yet but lets hope she isn't of a nervous disposition or has anything on her that will readily oxidise
Old 19 Jun 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3094863)   #10
huishu_jia
Rookie

Quote:
Hi folks.

Many thanks,
Nick.
Thank you very much for your help, the lift on Sunday and also those kind words. and sorry that I checked here late. I have got a PM from Steve, thank you.

and hope to see you very soon.

all the best,
Huishu
Old 19 Jun 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3094864)   #11
huishu_jia
Rookie

Quote:
Hi Steve, Sorry to reply you late, I've seen your PM. yes, Wimbledon is very convenient for me, I can take train either from Battersea Park or Clampton Junction. I will reply you about the details in PM.

thank you very very much for this!!

best,
Huishu
Old 19 Jun 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3094875)   #12
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Quote:
Originally Posted by huishu_jia View Post
Hi Steve, Sorry to reply you late, I've seen your PM. yes, Wimbledon is very convenient for me, I can take train either from Battersea Park or Clampton Junction. I will reply you about the details in PM.

thank you very very much for this!!

best,
Huishu
You've got to admit she isn't showing any fear, I'm sure that will change in due course.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3094889)   #13
huishu_jia
Rookie

Quote:
You've got to admit she isn't showing any fear, I'm sure that will change in due course.
have I missed something?? why I should be fear?
Old 19 Jun 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3094965)   #14
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:

After being on Post 2 for the mini festival, and getting a lift home with me, all her fear has gone!