Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Mar 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3622230)   #851
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Capello's and Gommendy's run-offs were more "artistic".
They should award points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Sunny weather announced for the week end. Maybe a ride with some pictures.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3622333)   #852
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Sunny weather announced for the week end. Maybe a ride with some pictures.

Pictures of Arnage would be welcome.

I'm interested to see how they've divided up the spectator banking and will there be any space left for the campers at Arnage.

I'm already guessing that a chunk of the car park on the other side of the road will be sacrificed for the new roundabout.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3622805)   #853
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dear Friends,

No special things to say about works. All is going on but I'll wait a bit before riding there. Actually all the gravel traps are still available. Wait and see.
Though a 360 video to let you check the progress of works
https://plus.google.com/photos/photo...47581459594402

Old 14 Mar 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3622811)   #854
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great video
Old 14 Mar 2016, 22:27 (Ref:3622838)   #855
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Eric. So the bank remains..... Will we still have the food stalls that are normally there, I wonder?
Old 14 Mar 2016, 23:06 (Ref:3622849)   #856
Benedict
Rookie

Benedict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dear Friends,

No special things to say about works. All is going on but I'll wait a bit before riding there. Actually all the gravel traps are still available. Wait and see.
Though a 360 video to let you check the progress of works
https://plus.google.com/photos/photo...47581459594402

Thank you!
Old 15 Mar 2016, 07:20 (Ref:3622886)   #857
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
cheers Eric, looks like they still have quite a bit to do
Old 15 Mar 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3622997)   #858
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you Eric for this short but interesting video. They have two months to finish the works. The new mound near the fast right before Indianapolis seems to be rather high. Is it what we can see at 0:24 behind the trees ?
Old 15 Mar 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3623089)   #859
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thank you Eric for this short but interesting video. They have two months to finish the works. The new mound near the fast right before Indianapolis seems to be rather high. Is it what we can see at 0:24 behind the trees ?
Here is the view from the mound you mention.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...CI3vt5vY8tqffQ
Old 15 Mar 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3623112)   #860
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't wait to watch from there!
Old 19 Mar 2016, 08:53 (Ref:3624159)   #861
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Here is the view from the mound you mention.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...CI3vt5vY8tqffQ
Is that as high as you can get Eric? I was hoping it might be higher to get a lens above the fences......
Old 19 Mar 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3624160)   #862
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That would be nice.
Old 19 Mar 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3624467)   #863
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is that as high as you can get Eric? I was hoping it might be higher to get a lens above the fences......
Today updating:
The mound just in front of the straight from Mulsanne Corner :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTl88V9N_RY
From this mound to the "highest" point of view :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssb9jMolND8
Behind the mounds :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihcS1IAPYo
Down the highest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtQiEsXQXs
Finally, Slinshots SL I think with a x4 magnification of my small camera from the highest point :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzbH...ature=youtu.be

Old 19 Mar 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3624474)   #864
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to hear Kristensen on IMSA with JH talking about Sebring. I agree with him not to change these classic circuits and not going clinical, which I feel Lemans is going to end up like in years. It's already changed a lot, hopefully not to much more.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 06:24 (Ref:3625037)   #865
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Today updating:
The mound just in front of the straight from Mulsanne Corner :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTl88V9N_RY
From this mound to the "highest" point of view :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssb9jMolND8
Behind the mounds :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihcS1IAPYo
Down the highest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtQiEsXQXs
Finally, Slinshots SL I think with a x4 magnification of my small camera from the highest point :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzbH...ature=youtu.be

I know some people who were dreaming of these new points view.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3625119)   #866
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm looking forward to them a lot, I must admit. I just wish the mound was just a foot or two higher.

Thanks again for the videos Eric!
Old 21 Mar 2016, 09:48 (Ref:3625443)   #867
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
La Sarthe/Arnage Track and Other Changes

I like how you can just wonder round the construction site

The banks look pretty cool tbh nice and high, hopefully it will all grass up fairly quick as it'll be a reet boggy mess if it rains!

Any news on corporate stands on the land? The Aco or whoever has paid will want to offset their expenses.

Probably slap bang where the decent views are.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 11:52 (Ref:3625478)   #868
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will have to make the effort to get myself out to Arnage and Mulsanne this year, just can't be bothered to get the car out of the camp site to drive there.

Sean
Old 21 Mar 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3625493)   #869
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Will have to make the effort to get myself out to Arnage and Mulsanne this year, just can't be bothered to get the car out of the camp site to drive there.

Sean
Arnage is fantastic. You can't get closer to the track. And Indy is going to be spectacular at night with this new viewing area.
And the noise as the cars accelerate out of Mulsanne... Come on, June!
Old 21 Mar 2016, 12:56 (Ref:3625499)   #870
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
+1
Old 21 Mar 2016, 13:08 (Ref:3625507)   #871
Mike E
Veteran

More circuit pics here:

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?se...3622911&type=3
Old 21 Mar 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3625550)   #872
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Arnage is fantastic. You can't get closer to the track. And Indy is going to be spectacular at night with this new viewing area.
And the noise as the cars accelerate out of Mulsanne... Come on, June!
I have been out there in the past, when the singling pits were just after Mulsanne corner. Just not been since I got back into going again. I will have photos to prove it as I have started to scan in my old slides, which include plenty for the early 80s. I had to start with the ones of a steam museum I volunteer at, but the Le Mans ones will be next and I will be posting them on here to share with everyone.

Sean
Old 21 Mar 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3625618)   #873
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I have been out there in the past, when the singling pits were just after Mulsanne corner. Just not been since I got back into going again. I will have photos to prove it as I have started to scan in my old slides, which include plenty for the early 80s. I had to start with the ones of a steam museum I volunteer at, but the Le Mans ones will be next and I will be posting them on here to share with everyone.

Sean
look forward to it!
Old 21 Mar 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3625701)   #874
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Last year, the new mound of the Porsche curve was unavailable. I hope the new mounds around Indianapolis will be ready this year. It depends on the vegetation and the grass required to stabilize it.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3625706)   #875
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Last year, the new mound of the Porsche curve was unavailable. I hope the new mounds around Indianapolis will be ready this year. It depends on the vegetation and the grass required to stabilize it.
Wasn't that because ACO had given/sold exclusivity to the camp site located there?