Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Nov 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1777984)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to say, I'm struggling to understand why some (Bob/Tom/Mike) object to A/C becoming mandatory. Yes, the poor blighters have been racing in temperatures not dissimilar to an oven for years, but is that a reason to leave things as they are. To my mind, cooler cabin conditions for drivers is a logical progression in motorsport, whichever way you look at it. Why do drivers need to endure the discomfort of extreme temperatures and heat exhaustion whilst plying their trade when it can so easily be avoided? I guess it sorts out the men from the boys, and is all part of the fun............
Old 29 Nov 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1777988)   #52
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
It is good to see one who sees the current situation as positive.......
You better make that two, Bob!
Old 29 Nov 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1777991)   #53
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
You better make that two, Bob!
ARRRRRH--they're breeding!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 Nov 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1777999)   #54
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
ARRRRRH--they're breeding!!!!!!!!!!
Metaphorically speaking (I hope)!
Old 29 Nov 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1778024)   #55
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 and Bob's your uncle!!(really no pun intended) But still no hanky panky thank you!!

L.P.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1778170)   #56
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It is good to see one who sees the current situation as positive, don't know why you do, but optimism leads to longer life.

Now perhaps things are looking better on that side of the pond and good for you, but here 2003 was the highlight, and statistics based on grid size, and GT1 wins, not based on race-by-race, penalties says so.
The racing until things fell apart in the mid-nineties was definitely better than as of right now, for a number of reasons, of which variety, and a lack of hurdles to enter was a large part.
Even then some lessor gt org. made a good show with what was left.

Having just bought a magazine with an article on Corvettes racing in Europe, I can actually see why you may be a good deal more optimistic, were that it were so over here.
Bob
Funny, 2006 was the first ALMS season since the Panoz P1's were I made a point of watching every race.

Tha R10/Dyson/Spyder/Intersport battles were genuinelly exciting to watch.

Last edited by JAG; 29 Nov 2006 at 23:25.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1778656)   #57
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Funny, 2006 was the first ALMS season since the Panoz P1's were I made a point of watching every race.

Tha R10/Dyson/Spyder/Intersport battles were genuinelly exciting to watch.
but nothing compared to the zytek and creation scrap early on at petit man that was a great battle and the battle when jonh field was holding off that RS spyder that was what makes good racing shame though i wish dyson would buy maybe a better car we saw how much quicker the zytek and creation were running at the 860kg weight limit imagine if the courage LC70 or pescarolo ran at 860kg the audi R10 in its lemans 24 hours guise would have been crushed!
Old 30 Nov 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1778662)   #58
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
imagine if the courage LC70 or pescarolo ran at 860kg the audi R10 in its lemans 24 hours guise would have been crushed!
I think Roger Penske said it best at Petit Le Mans "Audi always seems to have a little extra in hand" when Radio Le Mans asked him if they could have challenged the R10 if they did not have their initial problems.

My money would have still been on the Audi if the Pescarolo or a LC70 was at 860kg for the 24 hours last June.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1778689)   #59
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but remember how the pescarolo's were on the pace of the R10 audi's in the same weight and the audi's were faster at lemans than in the ALMS trim later in the year if the pescarolo was to run at 860kg because its already a very fast car that blew the competition out of the water in europe because it was such a reliable car and a quick one although the courage LC70 mugen's in all fairness had the leg over pescarolo in terms of down and out speed the LC70's werent really reliable enough to truly challenge the pescarolo's but if the pescarolo ran at 860kg last june i honestly believe and would put money on it that pescarolo would have won lemans quite comftorbaly we saw how much quicker the zytek was and the creation than the the R10 at petit and they are slower than the pescarolo so we shall see in ALMS next year if the LC70 courage is reliable enough and runs even at the same weight as the R10 the LC70's with good drivers will definetely send the audi's running home and if the courage ran at 860kg the audi's would not stand a chance on most tracks especially if the cosworth turbo engine turns out to be as good an engine package as the mugen V8 that courage used in 06 although it will hopefully be more reliable
Old 30 Nov 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1778796)   #60
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
but remember how the pescarolo's were on the pace of the R10 audi's in the same weight and the audi's were faster at lemans than in the ALMS trim later in the year if the pescarolo was to run at 860kg because its already a very fast car that blew the competition out of the water in europe because it was such a reliable car and a quick one although the courage LC70 mugen's in all fairness had the leg over pescarolo in terms of down and out speed the LC70's werent really reliable enough to truly challenge the pescarolo's but if the pescarolo ran at 860kg last june i honestly believe and would put money on it that pescarolo would have won lemans quite comftorbaly we saw how much quicker the zytek was and the creation than the the R10 at petit and they are slower than the pescarolo so we shall see in ALMS next year if the LC70 courage is reliable enough and runs even at the same weight as the R10 the LC70's with good drivers will definetely send the audi's running home and if the courage ran at 860kg the audi's would not stand a chance on most tracks especially if the cosworth turbo engine turns out to be as good an engine package as the mugen V8 that courage used in 06 although it will hopefully be more reliable
dj choc ice, you may be hacked off by the numerous complaints you receive about the use of punctuation (or lack of it!) in your posts, but those who have commented have a genuine desire to read and understand what you have to say. Your last post consists of almost 250 words typed consecutively as a single paragraph without a single full stop or comma. I usually find a way to muddle through and get some sort of understanding as to what you are trying to say. But, for the first time, your last post has defeated me.

I frankly don't believe that the education system has failed you so badly as to render you incapable of communicating clearly on an internet forum. Will you please, please do us all the decency of thinking what you are writing instead of just writing what you are thinking.

Two more points. We have numerous regular contributors to this forum for whom english is not their first language. Consider firstly how on earth they are supposed to decipher your posts, and secondly, how is it that their posts are infinitely easier to read than your own.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1778811)   #61
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
1. That's funny!
2. I agree.

Unrelated, I still think the Audi's have more in hand than what they showed in the ALMS last year. I still maintain that Audi would have beaten any 860kg LMP1 last year at Le Mans.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1778900)   #62
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
no offence ok but i am sick and bloody tired of the whole grammar punctuation thing this is a forum not a school if i want to be lectured on my english skills i will ask my english teacher

rant over back on topic
Complain all you want, but you've done 2 seriously bad gramma posts.

I'm ignoring your posts ATM until you learn how to use a comma, they're just too much hard work to read.

If you want people to read your opinions in the future, then it would indeed be a Good idea to ask your english teacher.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1779746)   #63
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
Complain all you want, but you've done 2 seriously bad gramma posts.

I'm ignoring your posts ATM until you learn how to use a comma, they're just too much hard work to read.

If you want people to read your opinions in the future, then it would indeed be a Good idea to ask your english teacher.
i make the effort to read everyone else's post's on here whether they have good or bad grammar, maybe you should make some effort instead of bettlitling people by saying "your grammar is **** sort it out" quite frankly im dusgusted by people's reaction's on this forum they tear a post and someone's opinion apart based purely on the grammar and punctuation of the post.

i post on another forum and write exactly the same way and people dont complain, they take in the opinion or whatever has been said instead of ignoring the point of the post.

what happens if you were the prime minister and one of your employees had to file and important report for you and you completely ignored it because of a mistake in grammar and dismissed it we the government wouldnt get very far now would it?
Old 1 Dec 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1779769)   #64
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
i make the effort to read everyone else's post's on here whether they have good or bad grammar, maybe you should make some effort instead of bettlitling people by saying "your grammar is **** sort it out" quite frankly im dusgusted by people's reaction's on this forum they tear a post and someone's opinion apart based purely on the grammar and punctuation of the post.

i post on another forum and write exactly the same way and people dont complain, they take in the opinion or whatever has been said instead of ignoring the point of the post.

what happens if you were the prime minister and one of your employees had to file and important report for you and you completely ignored it because of a mistake in grammar and dismissed it we the government wouldnt get very far now would it?
MethinksyourpointisalittleoffthemarkasIdonotbelievethereisacorrelationbetweenapostinaforumonsportsca rracingandthefunctioningofaHeadofStateIfthereporttothePMwasinsuchastateastobesoonerousastonotbeinfor mativethepersonwhowroteitwouldmorethanlikelybefiredYoudomakeapointthatseveralpeoplehavemadeapointast oyourwritingstylebutunfortunatelytheyareonlytellingatruthastothedifficultyoftheunderstandingofyourpo stthisisnottrulymeantasanaffrontbutasarequeustsoastobeabletocommunicatebetterwithyouIamsorryifIhaveo ffendedyoubutIthoughtthiswouldbethebestwaytomakethepointclearAsitisnotasnubbutasimplepleatohelpcommu nicationsalong

L.P.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1779781)   #65
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:

Such a grammar error could cause horrendous havoc and would not be tolerated.
Bob
Old 1 Dec 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1779783)   #66
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

For starters the government wouldn't employ someone with bad grammar skills - I'm sure presentation ability is pretty high on their list of requirements.

Secondly, if you can make the effort to read other people's writing (which is only bad occasionally because they're not English, and do not speak the language) then why can't you make the effort to read your own?

I'm willing to spend the time reading a post a couple of times to understand it, but there is a limit to everything. I tend to ignore most of your longer posts because they're completely unreadable. When your talking amongst a group of people you don't know, it's best to try and communicate to their standards so they can take your opinions on board a little easier.

I don't see why your disgusted at people digging your grammar. They're genuinely trying to read your opinions but it's simply too difficult.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1779785)   #67
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dj

Although I have to work at it (sometimes to the point of tearing my hair out), your posts are great. I would prefer more punctuation but, hey, I would also like a beer right now and the cooler is empty.

One of the greatest works of 20th Century literature had many pages of your 'stream of conscious' style of writing so who am I to complain. London solicitors seem to like the same style--a bit too much for my liking.

CARRY ON. If you want to live on the edge, however, stick a comma in every now and then. That will really fox us.

Three cheers for dj
Old 1 Dec 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1779787)   #68
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
dj
One of the greatest works of 20th Century literature had many pages of your 'stream of conscious' style of writing so who am I to complain. London solicitors seem to like the same style--a bit too much for my liking.

CARRY ON. If you want to live on the edge, however, stick a comma in every now and then. That will really fox us.

Three cheers for dj
Dialog and Prose function under different sets of rules; "stream of conscious" is akin to dialog, only speaking to one's self or a non-existant third party; therefore your analogy is flawed like dj's grammar.

Living on the edge is not related to posting in a semi-literate manner.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1779790)   #69
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia

Now what about those ACO regulations?
Old 1 Dec 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1779802)   #70
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dialog and Prose function under different sets of rules; "stream of conscious" is akin to dialog, only speaking to one's self or a non-existant third party; therefore your analogy is flawed like dj's grammar.
Do they? I thought they were just different forms of communication although James Joyce in Ulysses managed to bring them together in one prose masterpiece.

Is it?? Sounds like great prose to me...not dialog.

Bob, you hate rules and restrictions, why impose them now. DJ is just exploring the envelope.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1779817)   #71
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK. I've resisted as long as I can, but most of you guys criticisng DJ have errors in your own posts, mostly poor spelling. None of us are perfect.

I just want to read about sportscar racing.

Last edited by Hammerdown; 1 Dec 2006 at 20:54.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1779824)   #72
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do they? I thought they were just different forms of communication although James Joyce in Ulysses managed to bring them together in one prose masterpiece.
Wow this discussion is getting pretty Highbrow, my head is starting to hurt!
Old 1 Dec 2006, 23:38 (Ref:1779897)   #73
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:

Is it?? Sounds like great prose to me...not dialog.

Bob, you hate rules and restrictions, why impose them now. DJ is just exploring the envelope.
I like basic set rules, inbetween the limits of which one must fine one's mode of operation, not rules that change, or restrict, because the results were not as desired.

The whole thing is, if he had simply explained why he cannot do basic grammar, rather than have a hissy fit, it might have simply gone away.
Alas, he did not.

Unless there is a physical reason, as there is with another well known gent who uses only caps at another site, extremely poor grammar, which is different from spelling mistakes, which, many, including myself make, for I rarely proof read, (and this format does not allow one to correct errors later on) poorly written sentences reflect on the author, and unexplained defense of said same, is simply odd.

Now he could say as my grad. Engl. prof. said when whe chided him on spelling errors on his hand-outs, "I teach English Lit., not English Grammar", the ultimate cop-out, but dj merely goes ballistic and explains nothing.

If dj had the credentials of some great writers, he could get away with much, especially in this day where liberals would love to deconstruct the Literary Canon, but he does not.

No one has said one word about desiring perfect grammar, unless there is a medical reason, the intelligent content of dj's rhetoric, has no reason to be written as jibberish.
Bob
Old 3 Dec 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1780933)   #74
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for asking: why did the ACO introduce a 'control' fuel supply?
Old 3 Dec 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1780946)   #75
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
Just for asking: why did the ACO introduce a 'control' fuel supply?
So all the Petro cars run on the SAME petro blend. and All the Desiel cars run on the same Desiel Blend. Not one blend for this car and another blend for that car.

One way to conrol HP output.

Race fuels ( Shell or Sunoco ) must be comercially availbe for Race fuel retailers. Not just Audi gets a specific Desiel blend and Pug gets another Blend.