Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Feb 2015, 17:09 (Ref:3501490)   #151
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Not much to complain about it I have to say - excellent entry list, very good job by the selection ACO committee. The Viper on the reserve list is no surprise to me after last year's debacle, however I share the confidence shown above it will get in.

Noticeable absentees in GTE are Prospeed and Imsa Performance, anyone knows what's going on with them?

Also hoping we'll see the second KMCG P2 (as a joint effort with Gentilozzi?) get in.

Anyway, it's gonna be a cracker!
Old 5 Feb 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3501546)   #152
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great list. For me all the ingredients are in for a very interesting edition. I hope the Nissan to be quickly ready for the battle. I don't understand why only 2 Toyotas while all the big factories have 3 cars?
I'd like to see the Viper in the main list. We'll have to follow the LMP2 battle that would have to be hot.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 19:53 (Ref:3501549)   #153
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Not much to complain about it I have to say - excellent entry list, very good job by the selection ACO committee. The Viper on the reserve list is no surprise to me after last year's debacle, however I share the confidence shown above it will get in.

Noticeable absentees in GTE are Prospeed and Imsa Performance, anyone knows what's going on with them?

Also hoping we'll see the second KMCG P2 (as a joint effort with Gentilozzi?) get in.

Indeed, imsa performance....what about them?
Old 5 Feb 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3501661)   #154
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really couldn't ask for much more on that entry list. Very happy.

Now the fun really begins when it comes to filling in the driver gaps.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3501692)   #155
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...Starting with these two.

David Cheng and Adderly Fong complete the Pegasus line-up for Le Mans and the ELMS.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...egasus-lineup/
Old 6 Feb 2015, 10:13 (Ref:3501871)   #156
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
That's interesting, I would have thought those two were nailed on for the #34 Oak entry.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3501972)   #157
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/a...mans-24-hours/
According to the ACO's President, they are working on expanding the pitlane to fit 60 cars in the neat-future
Old 6 Feb 2015, 21:39 (Ref:3502089)   #158
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

An answer of sorts regarding Prospeed:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...er-nicely.html

AAI would have been one of my guesses for an early withdrawal, but maybe not.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 22:26 (Ref:3502113)   #159
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I hope they don't to be honest; I love the final evolution of the 997 so it would be good to see it have a swansong, especially if it keeps Prospered in business (I was expecting it to be IMSA-Matmut, but was always likely to be with an established team). Good luck to them.

Would be intrigued to hear anyone else's guesses for possible withdrawals; most of the list looks pretty solid to me, maybe apart from the SMP cars.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 19:23 (Ref:3502463)   #160
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
If I had a preference it would be for the AAI guys to fold into just one car and then have the Viper get in. But what will be will be.

I make it 49 gaps to fill in the entry list. Biggest intrigue for me is obviously the remaining Nissan factory guys and the make-up of those teams.

But also Jota's line-up and how the P2 teams fill out with single-seater guys.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 20:16 (Ref:3502493)   #161
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Should we have a list going again with running updates?
Old 7 Feb 2015, 21:59 (Ref:3502523)   #162
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Should we have a list going again with running updates?
I'm working on one which I will put up a link to. It has a lot of gaps of course so any help filling it in would be useful.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 07:51 (Ref:3502756)   #163
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think there are five guys who we know will be in the race - but not which car.

Four SMP LMP2 drivers:
Nicolas Minassian, Kirill Ladygin, Anton Ladygin, David Markosov
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/smp...ogramme-lm-p2/

Nissan LMP1:
Marc Gene
Old 8 Feb 2015, 08:41 (Ref:3502783)   #164
Mike E
Veteran

Ta for that link.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3502813)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I'm working on one which I will put up a link to. It has a lot of gaps of course so any help filling it in would be useful.
Likewise I have one on my site - although in order to get it up quickly, I used the list from Wikipedia, which is generally pretty up to the mark. But yes, a running list would be good.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3502849)   #166
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
When I saw that Morand were giving away one of their race seats in a TV talent competition I dismissed it slightly...

...until just now when I saw the list of drivers.

http://www.raceto24.com/

Quite a few interesting candidates on there. Haase, Daly, Zamparelli, Summerton and Sam Brabham to name a few.

Not sure how they all applied for the process or exactly how it will be selected. But it should equate to a strong line-up.

Last edited by Simmi; 8 Feb 2015 at 11:40.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 14:24 (Ref:3502889)   #167
Mike E
Veteran

LM entry list

Here is a link to my list, which still has lots of blank spaces to fill. It's probably easiest to save it down if you want to fit it all on one screen.

Entries marked in bold italics are WEC entrants.
The rest should be fairly self explanatory.
I have taken a couple liberties with drivers that have been confirmed but not had their car confirmed. These are generally the ones mentioned above by Simmi (Gene and the SMP guys).

http://1drv.ms/1Dt80xM
Old 8 Feb 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3502920)   #168
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Great list, thanks
Old 8 Feb 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3502939)   #169
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great job Mike! You only need nationality of the drivers and the list would be complete in my eyes
Old 8 Feb 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3502971)   #170
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Here is a link to my list, which still has lots of blank spaces to fill. It's probably easiest to save it down if you want to fit it all on one screen.

Entries marked in bold italics are WEC entrants.
The rest should be fairly self explanatory.
I have taken a couple liberties with drivers that have been confirmed but not had their car confirmed. These are generally the ones mentioned above by Simmi (Gene and the SMP guys).

http://1drv.ms/1Dt80xM
Very useful Mike - I will almost certainly plagiarise it.

I've also made this thread a sticky now.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3502972)   #171
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Mike E, delivering the goods yet again. Only the nationalities as CTD has mentioned and this would be perfect.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3502982)   #172
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very welcome list indeed.
I wonder when and where Jeroen Bleekemolen turns up on your list.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3502985)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In the Viper reserve.....
Old 8 Feb 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3502987)   #174
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Lets hope it moves from the reserve list soon
Old 8 Feb 2015, 19:23 (Ref:3502994)   #175
Mike E
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words. Messing around with barely useful information beats working! I did one of these last year and found it a useful addition to my Blackmore's spotters guide while trackside.