Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jul 2003, 00:25 (Ref:670680)   #1
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisichella's ferrari dreams hurting him?

It is well known that Fisichella deperatley wants a ride in Ferrari. With every move he has made from team to team he has always kept in mind the options that will be available at Ferrari several years down the line. Now the question I ask is Fisichella hurting himself in the driver's market by insisting to drive for Ferrari? Why would McLaren, Williams or even lesser teams such as Toyota, BAR, or Jaguar sign a driver when knowing that his heart is not fully with the team and if an offer from Ferrari came he would jump ship in a heartbeat? Would a team like McLaren or Williams sign him when they know his full loyalty to the team is not there despite his talent?
Old 25 Jul 2003, 00:27 (Ref:670682)   #2
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's just silly, how many drivers don't dream of driving for Ferrari?
Old 25 Jul 2003, 00:37 (Ref:670686)   #3
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but dreaming and publicly stating continuously one's intent is different. Fisichella verbally states this continually. Most drivers want to drive for Ferrari but state that they would love to drive for any of the top 3 teams. Fisichella states every month that he wants to drive for Ferrari by the end of his career.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 00:56 (Ref:670692)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think it's hurting him at all, what does seem to be hurting him is that the bosses of the top three teams don't seem to rate him high enough. (Although i did read that Sir Frank once said to him that it would be good if they could work together)
Old 25 Jul 2003, 01:43 (Ref:670708)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More than anything else, I think its his performance on the track thats killing any chances of driving for one of the top teams. I mean other than his win in Brazil(through attrition), he's been fairly horrible and he seems to be getting worse by the race!

He needs to step it up in a hurry if he's going to have any chance at a better drive, especially Ferrari.

Hell, he's starting to make Firman look good.

Danica Patrick
Old 25 Jul 2003, 02:27 (Ref:670736)   #6
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Italians are just too superstitous and it's bad news for Fisi....i doubt he'll ever get a ride in a Ferrari
Old 25 Jul 2003, 02:37 (Ref:670747)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
More political than superstition i reckon, id an Italian driver doesn't do well in a Ferrari, the fans won't be happy when the team starts getting at the (Italian) driver.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:10 (Ref:670766)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Fisi's inconsistencies are what's costing him a better drive, if he can put good drives in more often i think other team bosses would look at him more seriously.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:16 (Ref:670771)   #9
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Wouldn't it be more patriotic to have a home grown driver driving a home made car mr v since the Ferrari are a proven winner? i just don understand the italians....maybe Inigo could shed some light

It's the Jordan's car that's making him look bad jetsetter....
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:27 (Ref:670774)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It is well known that Armco Bender deperatley wants a ride in Ferrari too!!.
He's got as much chance of driving for Ferrari as I have,it will never happen for either of us
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:44 (Ref:670780)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
More than anything else, I think its his performance on the track thats killing any chances of driving for one of the top teams. I mean other than his win in Brazil(through attrition), he's been fairly horrible and he seems to be getting worse by the race!

He needs to step it up in a hurry if he's going to have any chance at a better drive, especially Ferrari.

Hell, he's starting to make Firman look good.
Silliness. He's thrashed every teammate he's had (when the car holds together). Yeah, he's not having a great year, but its pretty difficult to get motivated when you are a veteran in a tank of a car.

Jukes: There was another thread on this in recent days. I don't know what Ferrari has against Italian drivers, but I can tell you that most tifosi in Italy would like nothing more than seeing Fisi drive for the Cavallino. I speculated that it might have something to do with Ascari dying in a Ferrari, but others pointed out that there have been Italian drivers in the Ferrari since then.

Its possible that it might have something to do with the amount of pressure an Italian would feel in that car. As you know, I feel that his ability is second only to Michael's - and a Michael-Fisico pairing would be by far the strongest in F1.

I'm still hoping that climb, who actually lives in Italy presently, might have better insight.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:52 (Ref:670783)   #12
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
So there goes my superstition theory eh Inigo I totally agree Fisi and Michael combination should prove to be a lethal one.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 04:05 (Ref:670788)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
That's just silly, how many drivers don't dream of driving for Ferrari?
Too true!! Unfortunately, Fisi has seldom had a car to show that he could be a winner. Just for argument's sake, just supposing Fisi went to McLaren next year, and the new McLaren proves to be a winner. I can see that Fisi's loyalty would then be 100% with his team. In fact, this would be a most interesting pairing: Fisi and Kimi.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:14 (Ref:671176)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The fact that Fisi seems to be hanging around waiting for Ferrari could hurt him. He may be unwilling to go to say mcLaren and try and hold out for the Scuderia. that could backfire horribly.

look at him - he outperformed Ralf at Jordan in 1997 and who is in the better team? There's no justice in the world......
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:25 (Ref:671187)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Doubt it knowlesy. Fisi wants a top drive. He's trying to get the Italian public to pressure Ferrari into giving him a drive, but I am sure he'd go running to Mac if they offered him a position.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 17:02 (Ref:673475)   #16
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All fisi wants is a top drive with ferrari. he has been in Jordan for too long now I would hate to see him go to mclaren or Williams but i would love to see him in an Ferrari.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 20:40 (Ref:673689)   #17
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
[B]Silliness. He's thrashed every teammate he's had (when the car holds together). Yeah, he's not having a great year, but its pretty difficult to get motivated when you are a veteran in a tank of a car.

If your comment is true Inigo, and Fisi is having a hard time getting motivated, than obviously he wouldn't deserve a top drive, would he? Motivation and desire are the makings of a champ.

Look at what Webber has done at Jaguar. He's driven that "tank" of a car faster than anyone had a right to expect. That's championship material there! Fisi better start pushing his "tank".
Old 28 Jul 2003, 21:01 (Ref:673695)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'd be good if Fisi could get a win in his tank. Oh wait, er...
Old 28 Jul 2003, 21:05 (Ref:673697)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Besides what Adam pointed out, Fisi's list of thrashed teammates is a bit more illustrious than Mark's.
If Mark spends 6 years at Jaguar, continues to thrash his teammates (perhaps someone stronger than Pizza man) and the car remains a tank, we will start making comparisons.

Btw, I actually do believe that Mark has the makings of a WDC.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 21:07 (Ref:673699)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
And I said *veteran*, which Mark is clearly not.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 28 Jul 2003 at 21:08.