Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jan 2020, 03:50 (Ref:3949597)   #1076
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great to see a picture of the restored BABS land speed car. Inspired me to dig out a video of the restoration which I posted in the vid thread https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=152
Also great to see a Corvair in action. We have one that is running down here, a 1964 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Spyder. I have always loved the unusual!
Great pics all, thanks bauble

Last edited by E.B; 3 Jan 2020 at 04:15. Reason: Added link to BABS resto video
Old 3 Jan 2020, 07:32 (Ref:3949615)   #1077
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you know what is going on here?
Attached Thumbnails
079.JPG   064.JPG   001.JPG  

054v.JPG   057.JPG   096.JPG  

Old 3 Jan 2020, 08:07 (Ref:3949617)   #1078
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Do you know what is going on here?
It is the World Aerobatics Championships at Silverstone. The first 2 aircraft are both Sukhoi 26 & the last an Extra 300.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3949618)   #1079
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
It is the World Aerobatics Championships at Silverstone. The first 2 aircraft are both Sukhoi 26 & the last an Extra 300.
Ah, so not wing-walking then! (Only joking.....)

If 'variety is the spice of life', HSCC Road Sports delivers, with the Trevor, 308, 928, Zagato and Jensen Healey in #1070!

BTW the last St Marys Trophy pic in #1072 harks back to the days when TiSAs were competitive.....
Old 3 Jan 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3949649)   #1080
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I knew you would have the answer RB, but what is the name of the Russian lady pilot being interviewed?
Old 3 Jan 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3949650)   #1081
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Ah, so not wing-walking then! (Only joking.....)

If 'variety is the spice of life', HSCC Road Sports delivers, with the Trevor, 308, 928, Zagato and Jensen Healey in #1070!

BTW the last St Marys Trophy pic in #1072 harks back to the days when TiSAs were competitive.....
Glad you like the pictures Mike, but why have I been bumped onto the second page?

First I was banned, and now discriminated against, just one of life's victims I suppose.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3949652)   #1082
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I knew you would have the answer RB, but what is the name of the Russian lady pilot being interviewed?
Rosa Klebb?
Old 3 Jan 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3949653)   #1083
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Glad you like the pictures Mike, but why have I been bumped onto the second page?

First I was discriminated against, just one of life's victims I suppose.
you’re back......
Old 3 Jan 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3949656)   #1084
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry I do not have a comprehensive knowledge of female rusian pilots but its either Elena Klimovich or Svetlana Kapnina, they were the 2 Russian girls taking part.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3949663)   #1085
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
you’re back......
Obviously… Still I think his best thread was called "banned" if I'm right!
Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3949675)   #1086
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Sorry I do not have a comprehensive knowledge of female rusian pilots but its either Elena Klimovich or Svetlana Kapnina, they were the 2 Russian girls taking part.
Gerard, finally something RBS does not know!
Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:04 (Ref:3949676)   #1087
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
you’re back......
Still not top spot though.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3949678)   #1088
bauble
Veteran

England
I remember these when Piquet was driving them.
Attached Thumbnails
F3d.JPG   F£c.JPG   F3a.JPG  

F3b.jpg   F3f.JPG   IMG_9124 (2).jpg  

Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3949679)   #1089
bauble
Veteran

England
More for the Juniors;
Attached Thumbnails
Jun 3.JPG   Jun 4.JPG   Jun 5.JPG  

Jun 1.JPG   Jun 2.JPG   144.JPG  

Old 3 Jan 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3949683)   #1090
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Gerard, finally something RBS does not know!
Would it be a sausage…
Old 3 Jan 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3949692)   #1091
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I remember these when Piquet was driving them.
So do I Bob.... in fact his F3 car was run out of a small run down shed / unit on the Brabham / Ralt factory a couple of hundred metres from where Mum and Dad (and me at weekends back then) lived. I think he drove a Ralt RT1. (Looks like his car in pic 1) Irrelevant but I also (very briefly) went out with Ron Tauranac's daughter! Ron used to drive a V8 engined Capri with Boss stickers down the sill which I loved.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3949697)   #1092
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hey look at you, EB! You had an affair with the daughter of a famous person and what you loved was… the sticker! Must be French I tell ya!
Old 3 Jan 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3949703)   #1093
bauble
Veteran

England
Before we go completely off track …..[
Attached Thumbnails
182.JPG   158.JPG   Powernights May 031.JPG  

IMG_8543.JPG   IMG_8545.JPG   228.JPG  

Old 3 Jan 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3949707)   #1094
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean less stickers in the wet? Nice pics, congrats!
Old 4 Jan 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3949785)   #1095
bauble
Veteran

England
More from the Revival, Sports Cars. Nice to see the arms and elbows and work;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4682.JPG   Revival 2007 c 036.JPG   Revival 2007 c 037.JPG  

Revival 2007 c 049.JPG   Revival 2007 c 015.JPG   Revival 2007 c 052.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3949789)   #1096
bauble
Veteran

England
And a few more;
Attached Thumbnails
Revival 2007 c 051.JPG   Revival 2007 c 050.JPG   Revival 2007 c 034.JPG  

Revival 2007 c 015.JPG   Revival 2007 c 044.JPG   IMG_5917.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3949793)   #1097
bauble
Veteran

England
I tend to take a look at various albums on my computer, or on my internet site, and download a few into a folder for sorting out, I find that often there are a lot of odds and ends kicking about. Hence!
Attached Thumbnails
Odd a.JPG   Oddb.JPG   Oddc.JPG  

Oddd.JPG   Odde.JPG   Oddf.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3949794)   #1098
bauble
Veteran

England
Last of this lot;
Attached Thumbnails
Oddg.JPG   Oddh.JPG   Oddi.JPG  

Oddj.JPG   Oddk.JPG   Oddl.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3949796)   #1099
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I tend to take a look at various albums on my computer, or on my internet site, and download a few into a folder for sorting out, I find that often there are a lot of odds and ends kicking about. Hence!
Nice. The gent in the 3rd (#1097) pic looks like Simon Taylor, so must be the ‘Stovebolt Special’?

Good history of the car here for anyone not familiar.....

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/featu...orts-car-show/
Old 4 Jan 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3949797)   #1100
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I always think there's something quaint about the MG 1300 racer and yes Mike, that is Simon Taylor in his Stovebolt Special