Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3327906)   #26
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question is...how long do I stay up trying over and over to see tickets for the Tribunes? 1:30 AM here in California.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3327907)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Fingers crossed, gave up trying to book direct years ago Nadine will do her best
Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3327909)   #28
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
Just checked the French version...looks the same as the English...no Tribune tickets.

Did anyone here do this last year successfully?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3327914)   #29
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The problem with the ACO is that you pay money to become a member so you can book in advance and when the booking office finally opens it is not working...
Happens every year and when it finally will work the big travel companies will have got all decent campsite tickets.
That's why just as Simon mentioned I have gone for Nadine this year, let's hope she can give us the tickets we would like to have.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3327921)   #30
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
I see Tribune tickets now...still can't access them though.

Seems to be like the Affordable Health Care Act Website here in the states
Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3327923)   #31
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
All decent campsites allready sold out ( Houx, houx annexe, tertre rouge, garage vert )
Old 6 Nov 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3327935)   #32
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
Got my tickets. GA and Trying something new this year...Dunlop Tribune.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3327939)   #33
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
Got my tickets. GA and Trying something new this year...Dunlop Tribune.
that's a nice one, great view !
Old 6 Nov 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3327952)   #34
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patience is a virtue...

90 mins of calling I finally got through and spoke to a charming lady named Emily. I have booked my entrance tickets, my camping tickets, and tickets in the ACO Grandstand - I even know which seats! She advised that it would save me money overall if I upgraded my existing Passion 24 membership to Passion 24 VIP and purchased a 2nd identical membership for my wife (she's less than thrilled !). The cost of upgraded/additional membership being less than the savings I'd achieve.

Pleased and relieved !
Old 6 Nov 2013, 12:00 (Ref:3327959)   #35
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Like I said, I just went on the ACO site to check my account ('mon panier est vide') and nothing happened, but normally I was able to check ALL my purchases with the ACO, including the ones of former years. Nothing.

And just for fun, I tried to buy some stuff, in the idle vain I then could see anything, but the only thing I was able to buy was a pitwalk pass for 490 euros (no discount) so indeed the site is a mess as usual. Good luck for the people buying their stuff this way. I really hope the ACO get their act together soon.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3327965)   #36
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
All decent campsites allready sold out ( Houx, houx annexe, tertre rouge, garage vert )
Where and how did you see that? This is all I got when I 'tried' to buy a campsite ticket. Nothing to choose from!

Old 6 Nov 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3327975)   #37
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One advice : send an email to the ticket office ticket@lemans.org

booking ordered at 10h04 and agreed at 12h20
Old 6 Nov 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3327977)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The problems are always with GS seats and camping, I learnt my lesson in the past and now put all my faith in my favourite french lady,
Old 6 Nov 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3327978)   #39
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I managed 2 adjacent Houx pitches + 2 seats in Durand.
Does anyone know how the seat numbering works in Durand?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3327982)   #40
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Where and how did you see that? This is all I got when I 'tried' to buy a campsite ticket. Nothing to choose from!

Vince - you need to click on the image to the left.
Mind you you will probably get a screen like this in the end:

You just have to keep persevering. Good luck
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3327988)   #41
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
When trying to enter the ticketsale site via www.lemans.org it was not working. This Www.24h-lemans.com/en/ seems to be working much better. Now at least I can see everything besides the yellow campsites (Beausejour etc.) is sold out already!
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3327991)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think most of the sort after campsites are only available through the agents.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3327993)   #43
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
If and when that's the case, they shouldn't put them up their website. That's false advertising.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3327995)   #44
Kpy
Veteran

The site is always overloaded on the first day.
I bought 2 adjacent Houx tickets this morning along with Durand 17 seats, but I did have to keep trying for about an hour in order to do so.
Last year it took me more than a week of trying before I got what I wanted.

There's no point in going to the agents before the end of members' priority period - they will have plenty of stock for the time being. Speed Chills are the best, as they do not require you to buy GEs from them.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3328412)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
nadine has just confirmed my credit card will be debited next week, so looks like i got my allocation
Old 7 Nov 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3328424)   #46
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I wish you didn't say that....
Old 7 Nov 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3328450)   #47
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Man this is like getting tickets for Glastonbury!

I booked up months ago for Houx and Ford Chicane tribune. Happy to pay a bit more with an agent to not stress it.

That said I hope everyone gets what they want.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3328459)   #48
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
More like getting tickets for the Led Zeppelin reunion concert in 2007
But you're right about the 'pay a little more get some peace of mind in return' thing about the agencies. Although I used to be a little nervous until I got the tickets in the mail then too, so it very well might be me that's causing all the stress
Old 7 Nov 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3328467)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
you will be OK vince, just remember if you are in Le Mans town centre before the race to pop into the tourist office and thank Nadine in person, that way she will remeber you next year and ensure you get the best service. Treat people well and they always respond in kind.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3328573)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
More like getting tickets for the Led Zeppelin reunion concert in 2007
If you'd like a ticket for that concert in 2007, I might be able to source you one.......