Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Oct 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4181090)   #301
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Current weather conditions

Everything is wet, wind is blowing steady and the first victim has been chosen. Never leave a sidewall up overnight
Old 12 Oct 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4181092)   #302
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm dry here at turn 6 and no carnage to report. Pretty windy outside. Mazda practice laps now happening.

T-Mobile Internet working very well so far. Very surprised that it's still working with all of the people around us. Strong 5G HC connection. Might survive through Sat.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 12:34 (Ref:4181094)   #303
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nearly there. Early morning traffic aside, it’s OK…
Old 12 Oct 2023, 16:17 (Ref:4181131)   #304
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brisket 1 of 2 getting ready for tomorrow Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1604.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	78196

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 Oct 2023, 17:41 (Ref:4181148)   #305
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Track double booked one of our reserved spots. Had to get management on the phone to clear up the mess. Guy shows up with a brand new camper and got camping services here to tell us to move. Turns out they were wrong....
Old 12 Oct 2023, 21:25 (Ref:4181184)   #306
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year seems just a little disorganized. A whole lot of new people who don't understand what is normal and a lot of workers who don't understand what they need to do. I'll bet that there will be quite a few conversations over this years mess. I guess it's what to expect when the crowds get so big. The Petit Le Mans is just getting too popular.

For what it's worth, it does seem that Road Atlanta does listen to their customers. I had a conversation last year with Rick Humphry over the issues with access to the hot pit area. This year there is a walk way between the hot pit area and the paddock. Not much but it does give spectators a view of the hot pits.

Edit: T-Mobile is still going strong with good bandwidth on Thursday at 5:49PM EST.

Last edited by JT240Z; 12 Oct 2023 at 21:49.
Old 13 Oct 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4181298)   #307
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Argh! There is an elephant on Spectator Hill.

Cheers race fans.
Old 13 Oct 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4181319)   #308
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Rain.
Old 13 Oct 2023, 21:30 (Ref:4181363)   #309
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
GTP qualifying less than spectacular due to misty rain conditions. Saturday still looks decent. Could be a little wet in the morning but sunshine is in the forecast.
Old 14 Oct 2023, 03:16 (Ref:4181377)   #310
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Cheers race fans.
Ace!!
Quote:
Rain.
Nice umbrella!!
Old 14 Oct 2023, 03:45 (Ref:4181381)   #311
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Nice umbrella!!
My first thought too when I saw the pic.
Old 14 Oct 2023, 12:16 (Ref:4181394)   #312
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Race day is here! Getting ready to move over to our day spot on the inside of turn 10a/10b. If anyone wants to, stop on by our EZ-UP and introduce yourself. Look for a white EZ-UP with the initials JT on all four sides located just to the right of the jumbo-tron TV when facing it at the lower level near the fence line.

EDIT: Looks like our T-Mobile hotspot is still working well.
Old 15 Oct 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4181653)   #313
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Home and mostly unpacked (I just threw things in a general direction) before heading to a PorchFest because apparently, my liver and feet haven't had enough.

So great to see good people and watch cars go fast when not impeded by the SC.

And it almost feels like I left with more alcohol than I brought....

Until next time!
Old 15 Oct 2023, 22:43 (Ref:4181672)   #314
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Back home. Only nine hours. Four stints.

Top time. Thanks.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 00:08 (Ref:4181682)   #315
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Back home. Only nine hours. Four stints.

Top time. Thanks.
About the same for me. It was great to see everyone and even after a shower I still smell like 4 different kinds of smoke.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 00:49 (Ref:4181690)   #316
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to make it back to PLM. RA and VIR (TransAm last weekend) make for a decent couple of weekends spectating and photography. Good to meet Brandon and Bob - must return ...
Old 16 Oct 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4181691)   #317
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Home and unpacked. I hate that I didn't get a chance to meet any of you guys, but every time I drove past, I felt that I would have been invading a family gathering. Maybe next year.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4181712)   #318
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Track double booked one of our reserved spots. Had to get management on the phone to clear up the mess. Guy shows up with a brand new camper and got camping services here to tell us to move. Turns out they were wrong....
They were right. But they weren't given the correct information.

BUT, I am wondering if next year they will cap the ticket sales. It was completely nuts everywhere. Shoulder to shoulder at the fence. Spectator Hill was absolutely slammed. Roads were jammed. T1 where we watch the race was 5 or 6 deep at the fence. Crazy. Track staff and facility folks were probably a little overwhelmed.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 13:53 (Ref:4181722)   #319
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I followed our neighbors to be's trailed in the slow line out the gate. Almost caught up with the AF Corse hauler headed south, hope he wasn't headed to Florida cause he went the long way around 285.

Definitely were a few challenges on race day it seemed, did not get around the track and still hobbling today, new cot is definitely needed with a new sweet hip bruise I found. Traffic past camp was fairly close to constant and often times stopped but more carts and fewer cars helped a bit
Old 16 Oct 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4181729)   #320
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Cheers race fans.
Better than in the room! Tasty stuff.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4181751)   #321
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just a few people for the gridwalk

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyYmW...c4MmM1YmI2Ng==
Old 16 Oct 2023, 20:18 (Ref:4181764)   #322
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Did you post that to wind me up? It's not the Mona Lisa.

It was very busy. Most people were polite and you could just hang around a car for a minute and get to the front to have a look and take photos.

No sorting of these, just quickly grabbed them.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0560.jpg   IMG_3215.jpg   IMG_3191.jpg  

IMG_3195.JPG   IMG_3206.jpg   IMG_3205.jpg  

Old 17 Oct 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4181814)   #323
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
That's the spot. Right now on the menu I got 2 pounds of shrimp, 2 pounds of andouille sausage, and 4 pounds of snow crab. Seafood wise the only thing I don't eat is oysters so feel free to bring whatever and we can throw it in the pot
What ever happened to you? I looked for the Mazda flags in the area around the bath house, but never saw them. Did everything turn out OK?
Old 17 Oct 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4181821)   #324
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Did you post that to wind me up? It's not the Mona Lisa.

It was very busy. Most people were polite and you could just hang around a car for a minute and get to the front to have a look and take photos.

No sorting of these, just quickly grabbed them.
It looks like the people disappeared in your pics! I still need to look through my pictures, I'm sure half of them are blurry or not exciting
Old 17 Oct 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4181823)   #325
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I think it helped having a kid, people let him get to the front easily.

He took the photos - I barely got a chance to use my camera.