8 2 2.53%
9 0 0%
10 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Apr 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2188412)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate Grand Prix of Spain 2008

It was...
Old 27 Apr 2008, 18:16 (Ref:2188432)   #2
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
5 for me. Maybe a bit high but it entertained me at work which would have otherwise been a quiet and dull day. The Ferrari one two will lower most peoples rating I guess.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2188435)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I gave it a 6 - it had a lot of the elements that should make a race interesting, but it didn't get me any more excited than Bahrain and Malaysia did. I think we were a bit spoiled by Australia being as good as it was.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 27 Apr 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2188441)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I gave it 5, as I found it better than Malaysia & Bahrain, but still quite dull.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2188449)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
6 for me ..I thought after qualifying that we were in for one hell of a race, but that was not to be..
Old 27 Apr 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2188464)   #6
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not higher than 2 for me - extremely dull, and a serious accident too.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2188471)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty much as expected really, this track never serves a spectacle that can be classed as anything above a complete dirge. Why a race must be held at a test venue I don't know.

Had incidents, a little attrition. Even had the top four covered by less than six seconds at the flag. And yet, well, it wasn't exactly edge of the seat stuff frankly.

That is just me though, I'm in a stinking mood until we get to Monaco. Just Turkey to withstand before we get there!

5/10
Old 27 Apr 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2188497)   #8
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4/10 here.

I gave Bahrain a 3 and it's questionable as to whether Spain actually delivered anything better. Heidfeld, Fisichella, Coulthard and Sato provided the only racing. At the sharp end a lot was promised but never delivered.

Added to this Kovalainen's shunt was unfortunate (and didn't even provide the awe of Kubica's last year!) and Heidfeld was done out of a solid points finish. Essentially this race highlighted, for me, all that is wrong with F1.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2188631)   #9
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gave it a six, but i would have given the racing at the PMC meeting that i was also watching, i would have gave a lot more
Old 27 Apr 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2188649)   #10
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 - Dull like almost always in Catalunya.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2188694)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5- better than Bahrain atleast.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 23:24 (Ref:2188708)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Dull! And had it not been for the safety car periods,probably would have been duller.As was noticed by our commentator (yes he did),after a few laps the cars seem to set up an 'exclusion zone' around themselves which nothing except maybe an over ambitious rookie could penetrate.Heidfeld and Coulthard spent a good few laps tucked up behind what were supposed to be 'slower' cars.God I hope they get the regs sorted for next season!

It gets a 4,but if i could give it 3.5..........
Old 28 Apr 2008, 01:03 (Ref:2188739)   #13
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 - neither good nor particularly bad, but just a very plain race.

when watching it, i couldnt help thinking back to the excitement of watching another race at this same track last year - and i kept waiting for the race to build up to any sort of interest, let alone excitement at all.

Of course the exciting race wasnt f1, but motogp - the stark contrast of the battle between stoner and rossi, and pedrosa (? i think?), which left me unable to sleep for hours after the race and still buzzing the next day (as it was at night here in Aus), and how with this year's f1 race put me to sleep... umm... twice... kinda narrows down just exactly which ingredient in f1 is long overdue for some attention to improve the racing?...
Old 28 Apr 2008, 08:02 (Ref:2188904)   #14
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 - There were some incidents and Kovelainen's crash, but the race itself was once again a procession.

As posted before it would make the racing far better if we'd get rid of the post-qualifying parc fermé, pit stops and most of the downforce. I remember reading Jackie Stewart's biography and it mentioned that there were about 30-40 lead changes in every Italian Grand Prix. The racing has been eliminated by the aerodynamics, the race pace ordered starting grids and short sprints from pit stop to pit stop.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2188983)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmmm, was about as interesting as that shade of that extremely poor cup of tea I had which seemed to contain the contents of the washing up bowl.......
Old 28 Apr 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2189020)   #16
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4/10 in my point of view. Most fun was watching the live timing on the computer, the race itself was booooring. The start might have been interesting but the action was killed by the accident between Sutil (who had a good start and made nice progress) and Vettel.

After that, a true procession, well known from Barcelona. No chance to overtake, even in a faster car. All drivers have to keep up to 2s distance to the car running in front, otherwise the aero is ruined.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2189051)   #17
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 6 - maybe a extra point or two for Marks great run ;p

I cant believe Kovi didnt have any major injuries He was very luck boy
Old 28 Apr 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2189055)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3. And I consider that generous. I was only surprised that my eyelids merely drooped instead of going all the way..... Not helped by the complete idiocy of the pit lane penalty for Heidfeld.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 11:29 (Ref:2189060)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Considering the low scores people are giving, do you think perhaps we're all just hoping for a bit much? After all, there was no reason to expect yesterday's race to be particularly exciting (although it was better than I expected), so why are we all so disappointed?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Apr 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2189063)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Because we must surely live in hope of better than that? Just because we expect a dull procession, should we give it an 8 for being a slightly less dull procession than other dull races....?

I'd like to know who gave it a 7.........?
Old 28 Apr 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2189074)   #21
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
2 - Dull like almost always in Catalunya.
same for me
Old 28 Apr 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2189092)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose what you score it depends what you're comparing it to.

I fear if I had watched that race after the Talladega race I would have been hideously critical and given it a 1/10. As it is, I think a 5 was fair. Very average, not terribly exciting and gives room to give some good scores to races that I enjoy in future.

In fairness though, I think because I admit to not enjoying F1 as I used to (it was inevitable it would happen someday, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it in future more than I do now) I am somewhat indifferent to a lot of things that seem to be exciting the enthusiasts amongst us. I enjoyed qualifying quite a bit for example, but I was not at all rivetted about the prospect of Alonso starting up front because I felt this would kill off many people's races. And I say that as one of the few people on this board that actually likes Alonso!

All in all, I don't think I'll be hurrying to watch this race again in years to come.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2189111)   #23
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Better than Bahrain, not as good as Malaysia.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2189163)   #24
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 for me
When the most "exciting" event is an accident it's not a good sign

Let's get that straight friends, Ferrari are establishing a 2004-like domination while competitors seem to stand aside and look; even a tifosi like me wouldn't like to be at it again
Old 28 Apr 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2189235)   #25
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The most exciting thing for me, was waking up and finding out it was over