Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2001, 19:19 (Ref:73659)   #1
racer10
Rookie

racer10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been reading a bit and it seems some people are unhappy with the great Rubino and some first corner problems he has been having. Well I am admittedly a Rubino supporter, but that does not effect what I am about to say. I drive racecars. When you attempt a pass on someone, and you pull to their inside, it is their responsiblity to give you racing room. It is also your responsiblilty not to touch them. What often happens is the driver that is being passed does not see the attempted pass, or does not care. When this happens the driver who is making the pass (Rubens) Is forced to brake in an attempt to not touch the other car. Frenzten turned down on Rubens as did Ralf. Rubens clearly was making a pass on Frentzen and the German either didnt care, or did not see him. Either way, it was the Germans fault. Ralf turned down on Rubens. All he had to do was to hold his line, and he probably would have passed Rubens anyway. Instead he turned down causing himself to spin. Unfortunately, I have had expeirence in this. I have been making passes and have had guys turn down on me. ITs very frustrating, espcially when it damages your car. Rubens is racing, the other guys need to pay attention.
Old 22 Mar 2001, 19:51 (Ref:73666)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I was under the impression that if a driver clearly has the line (as Ralf did in Malaysia), it is the responsibility of the driver being overtaken to concede the corner.
Old 22 Mar 2001, 19:55 (Ref:73671)   #3
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with what you say Racer 10 but this doesn't appear to be the case with Ralf He was clearly in front of RB .
RB just shot up from no where
Old 22 Mar 2001, 21:33 (Ref:73705)   #4
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It all depends on how far back you come from when making an inside pass. It is the corner of the car in front. It is up to you to the driver affecting the pass to position his or her car so that the line into the corner is taken away from the driver they are attempting to pass.

Rubens did not do this on either occassion. Having said this, Ralf being nerfed is OK, it's only Ralfie after alll. The rest of the grid would do the same on the notion that it is better to get him first than have him get you later. But Heinz 57 varieties, now that's something different altogether.
Old 23 Mar 2001, 03:15 (Ref:73812)   #5
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Having said this, Ralf being nerfed is OK, it's only Ralfie after alll. The rest of the grid would do the same on the notion that it is better to get him first than have him get you later.

Tsk Tsk Tsk

Anyway - Rubens can try all he wants but he cant really justify his actions in the first 2 races. Thats just sloppy driving. I liked what Ralf said though "He better watch out because sooner or later it comes back to you" -(or something along those lines).

Yup - maybe next weekend - Barrichelo will be the one nerved out to the back of the field in his home grand prix. That would teach him!
Old 23 Mar 2001, 09:08 (Ref:73849)   #6
Rha
Rookie

Rha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frenzy was in front as well as Ralf.
It was obously Rubens fault, look at the video and you will see Rubens was not side by side with Harry or Ralfie.
If that's happend to a Ferrari then de driver behind will have a 10 sec penalty as Zonta has it in Austria last year
and it was Schumi who was in front.
No doubt about it.