Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Aug 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2751078)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The WSBK 2011 Thread

Wow, didn't see this coming. The factory Ducati team will not race WSBK next season.

Sounds like they will continue some support for the privateer teams, but it's not been said if that will be more or less than what is currently in place.

Last edited by jhansen; 27 Aug 2010 at 21:28.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2751179)   #2
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Wow, didn't see this coming. The factory Ducati team will not race WSBK next season.
I never thought the rumors would come true. Sad, very sad
Old 27 Aug 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2751189)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you call ot trying to pay for Rossi!

PLus the 1098 hasnt really been competitive in recent season and Flammini now have Aprilia to allow to bend the rules!!
Old 28 Aug 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2751327)   #4
McLean Fan
Racer

Australia
Currumbin
McLean Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Flammini now have Aprilia to allow to bend the rules!!
Spot on !
Old 28 Aug 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2751483)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh I agree, Aprilia are certainly bending the rules. But I'm not so sure about BMW.

The real issue is that the Japanese manufacturers and Ducati have basically been turning out the same bikes for years. For instance, the Suzuki has just been evolving since 2001! All of sudden Aprilia come back with a stunning bike that pushes the ruleset and BMW throw in a clean sheet design that leaves the establishment floored. It will be interesting to see what comes down the pike in the next few years.

I'm not sure what is possible with bike design and performance, but I'd prefer one set of rules that is similar across the board with no special allowances. I really don't want to see this turn into sportscar racing, where the manufacturers are left to pick and choose based on which rule set fits them the best. And please, stop the electronics madness!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2752661)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should let the Ducati run in the Supersport class, so they can dominate once again
Old 6 Sep 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2755220)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Ok, Cal Crutchlow is leaving the Yamaha team for Moto GP with Marco Melandri taking his place. I can't remember, but Toseland must have a two-year deal?

The Xerox rides are gone. Could Haga end up at Althea? Surly Max N. will not be at Ten Kate next year. Also, there will probably be an open seat at BMW and maybe Alstare Suzuki?

The silly season should really crank up now.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2755855)   #8
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Fabrizio? An news of him ?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2757287)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Smrz will ride for a new Czech team next year on Ducati machinery. No mention yet on what will happen to Guandalini. New team with an aging bike. Odd move. Unless he knows his current team is not continuing next year...
Old 10 Sep 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2757308)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Eugene Laverty will be on a Yamaha superbike next year. Didn't see that coming! He'll partner with Melandri. No mention of Toseland in the release I read. Could he move to Ten Kate? This will be a crazy few months for the superbike silly season.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 01:23 (Ref:2757881)   #11
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something I was wondering was if the departure of Ducati will pose a threat to the existence of WSBK.

I've had it explained to me that Ducati made WSBK. Will the series be ok without a factory Ducati team?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 08:05 (Ref:2758546)   #12
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good on Eugene for getting that ride, will be intresting to see who will be on the second BMW, and weather there will be any other BMW teams next season
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2758643)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Daft move for Eugene

He would walk into most Moto2 teams in my view. think he is wasting his time in WSBK really
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2758659)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toseland has been poo, makes sense for him to be shown the door - probably wouldve stayed if he was Spanish
Great opportunity for Eugene, i think he will match, if not be quicker than Melandri
Old 13 Sep 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2759025)   #15
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard some time ago that there was speculation that KTM were planning on entering WSBK in 2011 with an RC8.

Is there any news as to the progress of this project? Will it happen?
Old 14 Sep 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2759515)   #16
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to GPONE...
http://www.gpone.com/index.php/it/ne...a-triumph.html

Triumph will bring a 2012 SBK contender

Possible 2012 WSBK:
- SUZUKI
- HONDA
- KAWASAKI
- YAMAHA
- DUCATI (return)
- APRILIA
- BMW
- KTM
- TRIUMPH...

Who Knows?????
Old 17 Sep 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2760914)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
I heard some time ago that there was speculation that KTM were planning on entering WSBK in 2011 with an RC8.

Is there any news as to the progress of this project? Will it happen?
Not sure the RC8 is up to snuff really.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2761155)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
KTM actually really annoy me! How many times have I read they are going to enter a series then realise they cant win so dont bother!

They entered a GP engine that was basically a road engine and thought they would win, and Kenny ditched it coz his own scratch built V5 was better!

Then they ran away from s strokes when the rules were changed and Bartol threw his teddies ou the pram as usual.

And they have a bike that could easily be competitive in WSBK but they cant be bothered to develop it despite sending out feelers in IDM etc for years.

Bunch of moaners if you ask me lol!!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2761226)   #19
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I need to echo the comments on Laverty. He's darn brilliant on the supersport platform and would have been a good fit in Moto 2. Daft move I think. Especially seeing as the Yamaha hasn't been all that brilliant. Crutchlow should have done Moto 2 this year instead, but then again you can't argue his move seeing as he's in GP now.

How's this for Yamaha:

2008: Haga & Corser
2009: Spies & Sykes
2010: Crutchlow & Toseland
2011: Laverty & Melandri

Revolving door me thinks!
Old 24 Sep 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2764046)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
So, Corser extends his deal with BMW, and Camier will be at Aprilia another year.

Still a lot of things to be sorted out for next year though.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2764512)   #21
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wheres old Toseland going to go to then?
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2764817)   #22
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
home? ...

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Sep 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2765082)   #23
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Wheres old Toseland going to go to then?
Some say Ten Kate Honda replacing Neuckirchener, and others the new BMW Italia SBK along side Badovini...
Old 27 Sep 2010, 04:54 (Ref:2765229)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Nuekirchner should be replaced - by Toseland, hmm...
Old 27 Sep 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2765542)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
The commentators on my race coverage said that the second Kawi seat will be filled by Lascorz? Don't think I've seen that anywhere else. They also said possibly a third factory Kawi to be ridden by Sykes.

Haslam has been released from Alstare, since Suzuki have not made their plans for next year yet. No Suzuki next year? BMW should grab him.

Toseland, Haga, Fabrizio, Guintoli, Byrne, Xaus...nothing done as of yet.

Last edited by jhansen; 27 Sep 2010 at 15:00.