Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Oct 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1738351)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Move. *SPOILERS*

Sorry, but that move he tried on Hayden was just dumb. Even Xaus has never taken his team mate out of a race!

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 15 Oct 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1738366)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes .. it was a stupid move .. brain fade for sure ..

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Oct 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1738367)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a mistake, it happens. I'm sure Dani feels pretty terible about it, he sure looked it. Sure though it was a glaring error and a seasons work down the pan for Hayden.

I'll only be massively annoyed if Dani shows arrogance about it, but I don't see that.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1738372)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dang.

Well, I did predict Stoner would bin it into Rossi or Hayden.

Stoner binned it sure enough

...but it was PEDROSA who really binned it good. Ouch.

Stunned. I feel very bad for Hayden - as he was visibly saying/screaming:

(we have an autocensor for a reason)

what a buttock-clencher. I'm off to bed now.

Last edited by marcus; 16 Oct 2006 at 09:02.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1738374)   #5
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep!
Old 15 Oct 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1738383)   #6
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The move was never on.

I could almost hear the Pedrosa voodoo dolls being prepared in the USA and Japan after the crash.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1738403)   #7
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It was a mistake, it happens. I'm sure Dani feels pretty terible about it, he sure looked it. Sure though it was a glaring error and a seasons work down the pan for Hayden.

I'll only be massively annoyed if Dani shows arrogance about it, but I don't see that.
Only a mistake?!!!! Let's look at it from Hayden's point of view shall we? He has worked his whole life to get to this point, the MotoGP title is the ultimate prize in motorcycle racing, it is the Formula 1 of the bike world. This year was probably the best chance Nicky Hayden will ever get to be world champion, and now a year's worth of blood, sweat and tears gets flushed down the toilet by Honda's little golden boy and Hayden's TEAM-MATE no less!!!

Pedrosa had no business trying to pass Hayden (Edwards showed how a good team-mate should behave under these circumstances) and even if he was going to, that move was never on in a million years! He came from way back, tried to stick his nose into a gap that wasn't there to begin with, and then drove up onto the kerb and plouged into Hayden.

This is unforgiveable. Hang your head in shame Dani...
Old 15 Oct 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1738406)   #8
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You don't win a championship in a single race. But you sure as heck can lose one.

As they said "bonehead" move. They will forgive him in time, and he will still win many Grand Prix with Honda. But for Pedrosa it just happened at the wrong time.

Hayden now has to beat Rossi. Something he hasn't done in the last few races.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1738409)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Idiotic..... *sigh* and now i'll never get to see Nicky be champ...

*tick* thats another guy i support who wont get the ultimate prize....
Old 15 Oct 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1738415)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaifeHRT
Only a mistake?!!!! Let's look at it from Hayden's point of view shall we? He has worked his whole life to get to this point, the MotoGP title is the ultimate prize in motorcycle racing, it is the Formula 1 of the bike world. This year was probably the best chance Nicky Hayden will ever get to be world champion, and now a year's worth of blood, sweat and tears gets flushed down the toilet by Honda's little golden boy and Hayden's TEAM-MATE no less!!!

Pedrosa had no business trying to pass Hayden (Edwards showed how a good team-mate should behave under these circumstances) and even if he was going to, that move was never on in a million years! He came from way back, tried to stick his nose into a gap that wasn't there to begin with, and then drove up onto the kerb and plouged into Hayden.

This is unforgiveable. Hang your head in shame Dani...
Well done. That is more or less what I said, though I used less exclamation marks and less anger.

Anyhow, there are no team orders. Dani can try what he wants, it is racing. This time he got it horribly wrong, but it is a rare thing.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1738591)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Anyhow, there are no team orders. Dani can try what he wants, it is racing. This time he got it horribly wrong, but it is a rare thing.
That's exactly why you have team orders in the first place. Nicky running Pedrosa a bit wide is understandable. He can't afford to sit back in the pack. But what Pedrosa did was moronic. If I was Hayden I wouldn't even speak to him for a while. Because it wouldn't end well for Pedrosa. That little pipsqueek !
Old 15 Oct 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1738599)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

What seems to be lost in all this is that Pedrosa was mathematically in contention for the title. So he had every right to go for it.

I know the chance was slim, of course. But...unfortunately, he caught that bump and off he went. And it is unfortunate timing.

Honda are in it to win all the races they can and the manufacturers titles. They don't care as much about the riders title. Today, one of their bikes won so they won't be too upset.

I fully sympathise with Hayden and he had every right to explode with rage and kick Dani into next week probably! But I'm sure he'll get his head down in Valencia and give it a ruddy good go now...he has to. The title is still there, and if he does win it now then he will have done something pretty special in the last race.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1738620)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was just a cruel, cruel blow. As the commentators said, that move was just pure idiocy on the part of Pedrosa. He may have 'mathematically' been in with a shot, but realistically, it's all been about Hayden v Rossi. But now that's been blow because of a stupid, stupid, risky and non-sensical move by Pedrosa.

Frankly, I've lost quite a lot of respect for him after a stunt like that. He was riding like a desparate man, and to take your team-mate out like that during the race with him in contention for a World Championship is pretty unforgivable IMO.

Honda have also made themselves look like fools because of the team orders issue. Unlike F1 where team orders cause such furore, they are accepted in bikes because the orders aren't abused. Yamaha had it right - Rossi out front, Edwards rear gunner. That is what Repsol Honda should have done - Hayden had the best chance of winning the title, Pedrosa should have protected his leader.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, the whole situation. Still can't believe it.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1738696)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The difference is that Edwards isn't as fast as Rossi, while Pedrosa is faster than Hayden. Nobody in bike racing wants to see an Austria 2002 style incident. Pedrosa racing against Hayden was fine, it's jsut a shame he tried a move from so far back, which was never likely to work. Hayden's done a good job of throwing his title opportunity away on his own. He has to concentrate on the fact that if he wins and someone other than Rossi comes 2nd, he is champion. And remember that he's had far more luck than Valé.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1738807)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pedrosa was "mathematically" alive if someone took out Hayden... Unfortunately for Pedrosa, he's an idiot and took himself out in the process along with his fellow Repsol rider.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 03:47 (Ref:1738841)   #16
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Well Hayden has reportedly said that there's is only one way for Pedrosa to make it up to him - for them to finish 1-2 at Valencia with Hayden in front.

I still can't believe Pedrosa did that. I really hope Hayden can still win the title, he's a good guy and deserves his chance.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 05:46 (Ref:1738873)   #17
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though im dissapointed that pedrosa tryed and failed that move on my future world champ Nicky the kid, hopefully he will make it up to him in spain. I still think Nicky can win it with shear speed!!
Old 16 Oct 2006, 06:28 (Ref:1738885)   #18
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Like Knowlesy already said, it was a mistake. I don't even think Dani was trying to overtake Hayden.

If Hayden and Pedrosa can finish 1-2 in Valencia (and Rossi crossing the line as well), Hayden will be champion and everybody will remember the way he did it, coming from behind in the championship standings.

If yesterdays move hadn't happened and Hayden would have won the championship by finishing of the podium all the time everybody would/will remember him as a lucky champion, because Rossi has been so unlucky this season.

So, the only thing the repsol boys have to do is finish 1-2 and Hayden will be forever grateful...
Old 16 Oct 2006, 07:04 (Ref:1738899)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Nicky wins the title because he sure as hell got screwed up on that deal...

Dani was going to go wide, with the speed he was carrying. It was brainfade of the highest order. It's not like it was on the last lap... it was just lap 5 or so. Sure Pedrosa may be quicker than Edwards, but Edwards did not take Rossi out. And that's the bottom line: the only DNF Hayden may have this year was being taken out by his own team-mate, and it may be costly.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1738933)   #20
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
:rof l:

Oh, well done Pedrosa! That is ****ing hilarious! Just saw that and I can't stop laughing!!!

Last edited by Chatters; 16 Oct 2006 at 07:50.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 16 Oct 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1738951)   #21
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I found particularly wrong in Dani's move is not the attempt himself, but its absolute unnecessity at that very moment!
Blimey we're talking about the 4th lap!
I'd have better understood was it the last one, but he tried a very risky move, when he could have clearly had hundreds better and safer chances in the following phases of the race.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1738961)   #22
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
Like Knowlesy already said, it was a mistake. I don't even think Dani was trying to overtake Hayden.

If Hayden and Pedrosa can finish 1-2 in Valencia (and Rossi crossing the line as well), Hayden will be champion and everybody will remember the way he did it, coming from behind in the championship standings.

If yesterdays move hadn't happened and Hayden would have won the championship by finishing of the podium all the time everybody would/will remember him as a lucky champion, because Rossi has been so unlucky this season.

So, the only thing the repsol boys have to do is finish 1-2 and Hayden will be forever grateful...
You say it like Pedrosa did him a favour. If Pedrosa had stuffed up that badly and knew he was heading off the track, the least he could have done was try to miss Hayden, not selfishly crash into him.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1739002)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I havent seen any writings on the matter only the race footage.

But was it an attempted pass ??

It looks to me that he just missed his breaking point and was trying to pull the thing up but ran out of road.

I could be wrong I was half asleep while watching it.

either way the end result was the same , as the commentator said I have never seen Nicky so angry before , would have been a lovely conversation back in the motorhome after that one.

A huge shame as Nicky was looking pretty good.

lets hope Valencia is a cracker
Old 16 Oct 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1739463)   #24
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedrosa clipped the inside chicane when there was clearly no room to pass Hayden.
At this level of motorsport that is inexcusable...given the ramifications in the championship. Respol, as Spanish sponsor will keep mum about it too.
I`m so ****ed a Pedrosa, definitely a bonehead move. And even though there are no team orders....somebody should put Dani in a Common Sense classroom.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1739519)   #25
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could have understood Dani's risky move if the rider ahead would have been anyone else than Hayden. You should never risk so that you take team-mate off.