Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:00 (Ref:726859)   #1
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS said: 'I really don't know when [my retirement] will be.

he also said:
'It could be said I love my job now more than ever.'
Great news for us MS fans - few more years of watching the master at work.

http://www.f1i.com/articles/ARTICLE_535425.html
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:07 (Ref:726865)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

*thinks deperately of something positive to say*

Well at least a few more years of................................. i dunno cant think of anything!

In all seriousness as much as i dislike the guy , some of his drives have been pure genious and even though he's aging i'm sure he'll come up with more magical moments!(like helping Ralf to a WDC )
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:12 (Ref:726871)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think he should have retired at the end of last season. 11 wins and THE record breaker of a season - what better way to end your career?

I fear he may go on for too long.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:19 (Ref:726883)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If he stays, he'll beat Senna's pole record and win 2 or 3 more WDC...
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:20 (Ref:726885)   #5
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
absolutley, I think he will win 7 WDC
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:20 (Ref:726887)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, but he may also suffer a massive fall from grace. He may even be killed or injured. You can hang around for too long - just look at Mansell. His reputation really suffered after his McLaren days. (literally, days.)
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:23 (Ref:726889)   #7
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
In all seriousness Mansell was no where near as fit as MS.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:37 (Ref:726906)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr
In all seriousness Mansell was no where near as fit as MS.
Your right, todays athletes are playing and performing great, right into there 30's and beyond. A good workout and nutritional program are the difference between today's stars and yesteryears. Michael looks to be in great shape, and easily has a couple of more great years in him.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:45 (Ref:726915)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's not a necessity to be ultra fit - but it does help.

Mansells sheer strength was what carried him through. He used steering wheels so small that the effort must have been like steering a double decker bus with a 5p piece!

I think his strength could have got him through a couple more seasons to be fair.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:48 (Ref:726918)   #10
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
MS keeps fit by lifting trophies
Old 22 Sep 2003, 19:57 (Ref:726938)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Wonder how he kept fit between Silverstone and Monza then?
Old 22 Sep 2003, 20:07 (Ref:726955)   #12
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
He did well at silverstone it was only that nutter that ruined his race - p16 - p4. Hockenhiem puncture, plus his tyres were a lot narrower. Hungoring - one of those things. Monza - all things being equal
Old 22 Sep 2003, 20:17 (Ref:726966)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Nice to see him in a car thats equal to the Williams and we have a proper championship on our hands as oppossed to the bore-fest that was 2002.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 20:31 (Ref:726982)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something for all the others to continue to aim at...

Excellent.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 20:55 (Ref:727007)   #15
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Nice to see him in a car thats equal to the Williams and we have a proper championship on our hands as oppossed to the bore-fest that was 2002.
So am I glad that the tyre situation is sorted.
That extra BHP didn't help much last time out?
The 2002 championship was only boring watching the others struggle, I'm sure MS & RB wanted competiton.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 21:11 (Ref:727022)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr
So am I glad that the tyre situation is sorted.
What tyre situation? we had 2, Ferrari's different compounds and Williams/McLarens oversized patch's?

You seem to convieniantly forget about the ferrari one reading through your posts
Old 22 Sep 2003, 21:20 (Ref:727031)   #17
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
What tyre situation? we had 2, Ferrari's different compounds and Williams/McLarens oversized patch's?

You seem to convieniantly forget about the ferrari one reading through your posts
You conveniently forgot to comment on "The 2002 championship was only boring watching the others struggle" Redblurr

Ferrari's different compounds: "Mixed compounds: against the rules, against bridgestone philosophy and against all common sense. "

http://www.bridgestone-eu.com/articles.asp?ID=2161

is that convenient enough for you
Old 22 Sep 2003, 21:24 (Ref:727038)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Bridgestone were never going to admit it though were they

As for your 2002 bit, yer, your right, it was for the others to catch up, but as we've seen this year, when Michaels car has been inferior, he hasn't always produced the goods.

Last edited by Mr V; 22 Sep 2003 at 21:25.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 21:49 (Ref:727078)   #19
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not so much the car, as the excessive heatwaves in Europe. I don't really like the tyres, having so much influence on race outcomes -
Old 22 Sep 2003, 22:09 (Ref:727101)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, another tyre thread? On topic please.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 22:54 (Ref:727131)   #21
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*groans*

Hurry up and retire. If there is one record I sure as hell don't want him to break, it's Patrese's record of starting in 256 Grand Prix. Please let it stop!
Old 22 Sep 2003, 22:59 (Ref:727138)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
He'd need to be around for four more years to do that. Will he stay on to until the end of 2007? It's not impossible, but he'll be 38.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 01:19 (Ref:727208)   #23
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something along the lines of what happened to Rubens recently, could easily happen to Michael. Occurring in the wrong place, the results could be bad. Some things just happen, despite how well prepared physically or mentally you might be.
Kids aren't getting any younger...more demands on Dad's time in the near future, for sure. Visions of home life dancing in the back of your mind can be very stressing. Not to mention 3 or 4 young bucks pushing him all the time at work.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 07:50 (Ref:727371)   #24
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think he'll decide to retire if either he or the Ferrari start to struggle & he starts to get beaten on a regular basis.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 08:10 (Ref:727384)   #25
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
6 championships and he'll go,it would more or less guarentee
imortality in F1 history and he's got nothing left to prove.