Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Apr 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3227781)   #1
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Test Day Info (1st Time at LM)

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum even if I've been reading your threads for years. This year I would like to go to the Le Mans test day on sunday 9th of June, and that would be my first time at the track. I have some questions. Tickets are 17€ for access + 10€ for parking
- They say that with the ticket you have access to the paddock even on saturday and friday. Is it worth to arrive one day before the test to have a paddock tour? can I go into the pit lane and take some pictures from the cars?
- Where is exactly the parking area? they say close to the entrance and paddock village but where is the exactly location?
- I think I'll book an hotel at LeMans and then make it to the track with my car. Is this the best solution for the test day? How many people will be attending the event compared to the race week?
- What are the best places to watch the cars without walking more than 30 minutes? Can I take the car and go to Mulsanne/Arnage from the start/finish straight? It's one day and 8 hours (if I'm not wrong) of testing, I don't want to loose time walking around
- Is there an autograph session or a pit walk? Do I have the chance to meet drivers and take pictures of the cars?
Sorry for the questions, I've never been to LeMans. I'm 25 years old and I follow endurance racing since 2007, this is my number 1 passion in my life. I watch every single race of WEC, ALMS, ELMS, GRAND AM. Last week end I went to the official WEC testing at Paul Ricard and I will be at the Spa 6 hours, but I don't want to risk and go to LeMans for the race without knowing the place. With 250.000 people it's difficult to move and discover the place.
Thanks for your patience and sorry for the noob questions
Old 1 Apr 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3227793)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
-The parking area is P12 and that is located inside the Bugatti Circuit. Yes it's close to all the action.

-Getting there a day early is definitely worth your trouble. Seeing the teams busy with their preparations is nice to look at.

-I prefer getting around by tram during raceweek, but in the testweekend it's far less crowded, and as you're planning to go to Arnage/Mulsanne as well, your car will be the better option.

-Don't think you'll see many drivers then, and on Sunday they'll be busy. No autographs.

-If I remember correctly, times are from 9-13 and 14-18. Use the hour between 13 and 14 to get to Arnage/Mulsanne.

-It will be reasonably quiet, so getting around is easy. Grandstands are open to the public as well.

-Get there at 8.30ish and go to the Ford Chicane and work your way up to Tertre Rouge or vice versa. This link will give you an idea how to get there:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=...6&via=1,2&z=13

Old 2 Apr 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3227908)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
The Google map of course gives you the route to Mulsanne/Arnage. From Beausejour campsite, but you get the drift.
Old 2 Apr 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3228032)   #4
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Best Way is to use a GPS . Look for a Destination at Mulsanne , Example is here Kyriad Hotel Mulsanne RUE DES PINS 72230 Mulsanne . If a Road is closed the GPS is more comfortable than a Map .
Old 2 Apr 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3228145)   #5
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Thank you for your time.
I think I will make the trip on Friday, paddock and quick track tour on Saturday (are the grandstands open on Saturday?)and then test on Sunday. Morning from Ford chicane to Tertre Rouge, afternoon Mulsanne and Arnage. Are big screens available also for the test day?
If someone with Le Mans test day experience wants to share his thoughts and give me some tips I would be happy.
Old 2 Apr 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3228152)   #6
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On saturday, Grandstands are free access except Nr 17 and 18. During the Test day the same.
You never went to Le Mans and it could be difficult to see all. For the first visit I recommend you to be at the pit lane exit just at the beginning of the session : goosebumps guaranteed and you'll fly all the day
Old 2 Apr 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3228164)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I doubt there will be any screens up, they are usually still being put up after qualy for the main race
Old 2 Apr 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3228167)   #8
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
100 % agree Eric Just busy to realized the Test Day like last Year
Old 3 Apr 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3228519)   #9
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum even if I've been reading your threads for years. This year I would like to go to the Le Mans test day on sunday 9th of June, and that would be my first time at the track. I have some questions. Tickets are 17€ for access + 10€ for parking
- They say that with the ticket you have access to the paddock even on saturday and friday. Is it worth to arrive one day before the test to have a paddock tour? can I go into the pit lane and take some pictures from the cars?
you can access pit lane and paddock (except pits and working paddock). If you like to take pictures, it's so worth it (take a look at my pictures of the last years test week-end)

Quote:
- Where is exactly the parking area? they say close to the entrance and paddock village but where is the exactly location?
- I think I'll book an hotel at LeMans and then make it to the track with my car. Is this the best solution for the test day? How many people will be attending the event compared to the race week?
free parking on all the outside parks (red, blue, white). on friday and saturday, use the Chinetti car park outside the main entrance, as it's the only open entrance

Quote:
- What are the best places to watch the cars without walking more than 30 minutes? Can I take the car and go to Mulsanne/Arnage from the start/finish straight? It's one day and 8 hours (if I'm not wrong) of testing, I don't want to loose time walking around
I'm afraid there won't be any access to the Porsche curves and the Mulsanne and Arnage enclosure (no controleurs, no insurance, so : closed)

Quote:
- Is there an autograph session or a pit walk? Do I have the chance to meet drivers and take pictures of the cars?
no proper autograph session, but drivers walking around the pit-lane and the paddock and easy to catch

Quote:
Sorry for the questions, I've never been to LeMans. I'm 25 years old and I follow endurance racing since 2007, this is my number 1 passion in my life. I watch every single race of WEC, ALMS, ELMS, GRAND AM. Last week end I went to the official WEC testing at Paul Ricard and I will be at the Spa 6 hours, but I don't want to risk and go to LeMans for the race without knowing the place. With 250.000 people it's difficult to move and discover the place.
Thanks for your patience and sorry for the noob questions
if you go to Spa, maybe we'll see there

Quote:
I think I will make the trip on Friday, paddock and quick track tour on Saturday (are the grandstands open on Saturday?)
all grandstands open from friday to sunday, except T18, T17 and T34(pits grandstand, only opened on sunday)
Old 4 Apr 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3229269)   #10
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
you can access pit lane and paddock (except pits and working paddock). If you like to take pictures, it's so worth it (take a look at my pictures of the last years test week-end)

if you go to Spa, maybe we'll see there
yes, I will go to Spa. Tickets arrived last week.
I saw your pictures. You took a lot of pictures from the pit lane. Did you have a pass or everybody can access there on Friday and Saturday (I suppose no chance for Sunday)?
Old 4 Apr 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3229325)   #11
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
yes, I will go to Spa. Tickets arrived last week.
I saw your pictures. You took a lot of pictures from the pit lane. Did you have a pass or everybody can access there on Friday and Saturday (I suppose no chance for Sunday)?
no pass needed, open gates for all spectators
Old 15 May 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3406574)   #12
ltsturm365
Rookie

ltsturm365 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi i wanna go for the first time to le mans testday. Just wanna know if its possible to park at the outside of ford chicanes at the testday? And to buy a testday only ticket at the gate at the grandstands?

Greetings
Old 15 May 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3406641)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
as far as i am aware the car park there will be open and yes you will be able to buy tickets at the enterance
Old 15 May 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3406766)   #14
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsturm365 View Post
Hi i wanna go for the first time to le mans testday. Just wanna know if its possible to park at the outside of ford chicanes at the testday? And to buy a testday only ticket at the gate at the grandstands?

Greetings
Well, here are the tickets informations about the test day:
http://www.lemans.org/en/tickets.html

General entrance : 18,00€ free access to the grandstands

I think the car park is free.