Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4088680)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations Max Verstappen - World Champion 2021

Well done, Max. Well, it could have been better done, but an excellent season of close competition with him ultimately winning out. Let's hope next year he calms down the aggressive driving next year. He doesn't need to do it. He's a fantastic driver who can race more fairly and we have seen it before

Congratulations on the world championship.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4088685)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Max.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4088730)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations Max. He sounded very emotional in the car.

Richard
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:52 (Ref:4088736)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes congratulations max
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4088827)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, happy to congratulate Max. Over the season, it's would be unfair to say that he doesn't deserve it, just because of the farce of the end of today's race. As I've said elsewhere, I hope he can learn from this season (and as others have said, I doubt that he will). Bring on the 2022 controversy!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4088905)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Max!

Lewis will be back.

Max' first title won in an odd fashion....reminds me of lewis' first title win at Brazil all those years ago.

Fitting that again a strong post race image will be of the protagonists' dads.

History always seems to repeat in interesting ways. Wonder if in 13 years from now what other records Max will have?
Old 12 Dec 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4088907)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Congrats to Max!

Lewis will be back.

Max' first title won in an odd fashion....reminds me of lewis' first title win at Brazil all those years ago.

Fitting that again a strong post race image will be of the protagonists' dads.

History always seems to repeat in interesting ways. Wonder if in 13 years from now what other records Max will have?
I must admit I'll be surprised if he has 7 WDCs....
Old 12 Dec 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4088908)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To quote neil young:

Old man look at my life,
Twenty four
And there's so much more

Seems unlikely but you never know.

Old man hopefully refers to lewis and not us still watching ten years from now!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4088910)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'll be approaching my mid-70's in 10 years time - so I hope I'll still be watching!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4088918)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope you won’t because you’ve found something better to do!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4088920)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I'll be approaching my mid-70's in 10 years time - so I hope I'll still be watching!
Haha yes.

I got that joke backwards it seems.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:50 (Ref:4088957)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well that's been one hell of a season and it's great that we have a new World Champion - first ever Dutch World Champion too.

Congratulations Max and Red Bull - both have pushed hard, gambled and been anything but conservative - bringing a World Championship home is just reward.

Commiserations to Lewis and Mercedes - not their year for the first time in a while but they'll be back.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4088980)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Congratulations Max and Red Bull - both have pushed hard, gambled and been anything but conservative - bringing a World Championship home is just reward.
great point to add!

time and time again, they really did take their chances.

Merc, on the other hand, lean towards conservative strategies and sticking to what has worked for them for so long.

too long really...complacency also beat them in the end.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4088983)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think Mercedes were complacent. They just weren't as good.

Most of their wins were very hard fought with a fair bit of opportunism, albeit a large dose of that down to Hamilton.

They did what they could.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 21:06 (Ref:4089016)   #15
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well done to Max.

It was great to see Jos, Anthony Hamilton, Lewis and Max congratulating each other with 'fair enough' hugs at the end of race.

They are both proper racers and could accept the result whilst everyone else was losing their mind.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 21:41 (Ref:4089034)   #16
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Wel

It was great to see Jos, Anthony Hamilton, Lewis and Max congratulating each other with 'fair enough' hugs at the end of race.
This for me as well. Goosebumps moment. All four able to truly appreciate what it takes to really fight for a championship.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 00:39 (Ref:4089085)   #17
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Max.

One thing I noticed at the end of the race was Jos looked like he had given up on his anger management meetings and had went over the deep end...only to realize his son was world championship and it did not register to him.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 13 Dec 2021, 04:41 (Ref:4089123)   #18
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Mercedes would remain unbeatable in the turbo hybrid era.
Incredible job Max.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 06:02 (Ref:4089129)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Well done to Max.

They are both proper racers and could accept the result whilst everyone else was losing their mind.
It was a great moment to see them congratulating one another.

Congratulations to Max and RBR for achieving the impossible.

Pity Toto and his group couldn't accept the referee's call.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4089157)   #20
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Great season. Essentially decided by the toss of a coin at the end. Either of them would have been worthy winners.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4089176)   #21
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I think having a new, young champion is good for the sport and the number of viewers. Domination by one make and one driver does not make for headlines. I see the Dutch are going to have a National Holiday to celebrate. Good On them!
Will Lewis come back next year to retire and spend time on his other interests I wonder? More likely is that if George proves as fast or faster in 2022 Lewis will call it a day then.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4089180)   #22
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The level of the 2 top drivers was phenomenal but I do think Max is truly deserving - wins, poles, time leading the races all are in his favour.
And had he not had poor luck at Baku and Hungary, the title would have been wrapped up a while back - and this doesn't even account for the more nuanced Silverstone incident which also cost him an engine penalty.
The only regret, as voiced by others, it that it is likely to reinforce his at time poor driving standards...let's see.

I have a feeling that with Mercedes and Red Bull so focused on this season, that with the huge changes coming in 22 that it could really upset the top order.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4089183)   #23
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations?? You must be joking!

It's not over yet...
Old 13 Dec 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4089208)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Great season. Essentially decided by the toss of a coin at the end. Either of them would have been worthy winners.
Not really, it wasn't even that fair.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4089211)   #25
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best of 5 field goal attempts to decide.
Lewis - from the 50yd line.
Max - from the 20yd line.

Go.......